Easter Meal

BUFFALOKIE

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...son and daughter-in-law went out of town to her parents.......daughter had a large event at the wedding venue she runs last night...chill day today....so it's just me (widower)....

Eat well, my friend! You're not alone in your aloneness.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

Taking my 92 year old mom to my sister's house. Typical Polish easter. fresh key;basa with marjoram (the kind that turns  gray when cooked), bitter lamb, pirogies (k r a u t and  cheese )(the language filter  blacked it out), eggs, ham, horseradish and krupnik

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Taking my 92 year old mom to my sister's house. Typical Polish easter. fresh key;basa with marjoram (the kind that turns  gray when cooked), bitter lamb, pirogies (k r a u t and  cheese )(the language filter  blacked it out), eggs, ham, horseradish and krupnik

Mmmmm...Krupnik!

0CB699B0-2FBB-4C0A-9B07-B47DCB5167DB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Ravioli, 3 kinds of italian sausage, spiral cut honey baked ham, leg of lamb, braciole, potato salad, peas with pancetta, cheese bread, cheese pie.

And for the record I have seen butter lambs in Philly but they are way harder to find than in WNY.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Ravioli, 3 kinds of italian sausage, spiral cut honey baked ham, leg of lamb, braciole, potato salad, peas with pancetta, cheese bread, cheese pie.

Mmmm...braciole!  My Sicilian buddy makes a great one using flank steak.

When I lived in SF, we couldn’t get good italian sausage, so we’d get 40 pounds of pork butt and make our own.

1E893563-0ED2-4D3B-A44F-097A0B67CB53.jpeg

Edited by The Senator

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Soogy, brown and bland food....

It’s hard to believe with their culinary habits the Brits once ran most of the planet.

It's definitely taken a little getting used to my wife's Middle Eastern hand on the exotic spices after a childhood of Mom's very solid but mid-western and budget conscious cooking!

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG I have to order one of these next year!

So we had it tonight. It was sweet with a different buttery taste. Almost like butterscotch. The head definitely defrosts faster than the body. It was more of an anteater by the time we had it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

So we had it tonight. It was sweet with a different buttery taste. Almost like butterscotch. The head definitely defrosts faster than the body. It was more of an anteater by the time we had it.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like something I'd be willing to take a chance on (we have tons of desserts if no one likes it). Hopefully, they produce more than 900 next year and I remember to order.

So.....the last of the gang just left.....and my wife shipped off 100% of the leftovers. Am I not allowed to have food? We just sent off enough for to feed a small army, and I’m hungry with nothing much to eat here. This is just wrong!  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It's definitely taken a little getting used to my wife's Middle Eastern hand on the exotic spices after a childhood of Mom's very solid but mid-western and budget conscious cooking!

Yeah... But isn't Middle Eastern food bland?  I always spice it up. There are lots of different spices though.  Last week we did Persian in Chicago when my Son was in town.

We did Big Indian Buffet today.  They have it every Sunday, free Champagne too.  Can't beat under 50 bucks for three of us, with +20% tip... All you can eat, all you can drink Champagne (LoL... Not the best... But it has gold flakes, dug by the hands of the lower Caste... ?)

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So.....the last of the gang just left.....and my wife shipped off 100% of the leftovers. Am I not allowed to have food? We just sent off enough for to feed a small army, and I’m hungry with nothing much to eat here. This is just wrong!  

I’m honestly ok with it when we have no leftovers. I hate wasting food and we always host and therefore end up with the lions share of leftovers. Been making a good effort last couple holidays to stop both of those situations. I’m most glad I won’t have a weeks worth of sweets laying around that I normally wouldn’t touch, but have no willpower against when they’re sitting in front of me....

5 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’m honestly ok with it when we have no leftovers. I hate wasting food and we always host and therefore end up with the lions share of leftovers. Been making a good effort last couple holidays to stop both of those situations. I’m most glad I won’t have a weeks worth of sweets laying around that I normally wouldn’t touch, but have no willpower against when they’re sitting in front of me....

My wife agrees, but I’m hungry for a ham and Swiss one. Croissant NOW! She leaves in 36 hours for about a week. I’m not a big leftover freak, but have I mentioned......I am hungry NOW! A few slices of tomatoes ain’t gonna cut it! 

Probably best for me.....

But dang! 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife agrees, but I’m hungry for a ham and Swiss one. Croissant NOW! She leaves in 36 hours for about a week. I’m not a big leftover freak, but have I mentioned......I am hungry NOW! A few slices of tomatoes ain’t gonna cut it! 

Probably best for me.....

But dang! 

You need to manage your glycemic load a little better.  Eat foods with a lower glycemic index and you will be able to go longer between eating... LoL...

Oh... I stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express last night.  Thank me later.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You need to manage your glycemic load a little better.  Eat foods with a lower glycemic index and you will be able to go longer between eating... LoL...

OK, we ate at 2:00pm. I think it’s fair to be a bit grumpy at 10:00pm. But those three slices of tomatoes are in serious danger! 

• Haha (+1) 1