Easter Meal

BUFFALOKIE

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should we FedEx you a ‘butter lamb’ to go with that?

Nice!  That was more my Grandmother’s era, but even in those days our family has never been much on the heavy ethnic or religious symbols.  We took our cues from the English.

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

People outside of Buffalo (Catholics even) don't know anything about Butter Lamb's...I've asked several over the years.

Ok here's a question....how many people here took food to get blessed the day before Easter?  That was a big tradition when I was growing up.

Those are both Polish traditions. My Polish Catholic grandparents did that stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Have always been fond of good holiday casserole sides—our table for the Easter meal besides the crock pot honey glazed  ham, will include corn casserole, green bean casserole and a sweet potato pie casserole (southern in-laws and all ;), but my MIL’s deviled eggs are truly a treat as well. My personal baby that I’m always responsible for are the mashed potatoes, as I don’t believe in adding any bland water whatsoever to them—it’s all about the heavy whipping cream, butter galore and some cream cheese...it’ll block your arteries but I’ll tell you what, you’ll swear you’ve never had better. 

31 minutes ago, nkreed said:

For dessert we have a Lake Effect Ice Cream butter lamb ice cream cake.

I was told that they stopped at 900 pre-orders. Lake effect didn't expect that kind of response!

D3Bc4LcXQAAqJ5H.jpg

Had only Tom Carvel thought of producing these, Carvel Ice Cream cakes would have quadrupled market share nationwide.  Also, if you turn it 90 degrees and use orange ice cream, you can market it as a ‘Buffalo chicken wing ice cream cake’.

?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

For dessert we have a Lake Effect Ice Cream butter lamb ice cream cake.

I was told that they stopped at 900 pre-orders. Lake effect didn't expect that kind of response!

D3Bc4LcXQAAqJ5H.jpg

OMG I have to order one of these next year!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

C7pICqbVUAEoQsg.jpg

(in Robert Stack's voice) .... After realizing he didn't bring enough money for the Butter Lamb, Pasta Joe had to settle for the Butter Seal.  Pasta Joe will never be in charge of getting the Butter Lamb again ... 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I love food threads on OTW, so I am wondering what yall have planned for your Easter.

We are going to Moms house and my Step Dad is smoking ribs and bologna. I am wondering what to bring as a side...something holiday specific that goes well with the main entree. Any suggestions?

My favorite side in the world may be the Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole and it is perfect for what you guys are doing. It is TERRIBLE for you but absolutely incredible.

https://steamykitchen.com/38468-ruths-chris-sweet-potato-casserole-recipe.html

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My favorite side in the world may be the Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole and it is perfect for what you guys are doing. It is TERRIBLE for you but absolutely incredible.

https://steamykitchen.com/38468-ruths-chris-sweet-potato-casserole-recipe.html

I do love sweet potato casserole! I've never served it in individual ramekins though. I wish I had seen this sooner. Ima bring a lemon pie.

21 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I love food threads on OTW, so I am wondering what yall have planned for your Easter.

We are going to Moms house and my Step Dad is smoking ribs and bologna. I am wondering what to bring as a side...something holiday specific that goes well with the main entree. Any suggestions?

Dude - I'd never heard of smoking bologna before.  But DAMN, that sounds/looks delicious.  I just got  3.75 lb. slab and will be throwing it on the smoker later today.  It's not going to be Easter dinner (we're doing ribeyes on the grill), but it will be great for sandwiches throughout the week!

28 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I do love sweet potato casserole! I've never served it in individual ramekins though. I wish I had seen this sooner. Ima bring a lemon pie.

Sorry about that, I somehow missed the thread. I’d encourage you to try it at some point though. It is fantastic.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dude - I'd never heard of smoking bologna before.  But DAMN, that sounds/looks delicious.  I just got  3.75 lb. slab and will be throwing it on the smoker later today.  It's not going to be Easter dinner (we're doing ribeyes on the grill), but it will be great for sandwiches throughout the week!

Smoked bologna is the shizznit. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...grilled Delmonico....sauteed' mushrooms in marsala wine sauce........grilled rd & greens peppers, slightly charred.....parmesan encrusted cauliflower with olive oil in air fryer....24 oz Blanton bourbon chaser............

That does sound delish.