With the 9th pick the Bills take MLB Devin White

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'd be fine with White as the 9th pick.  We would have to get a DT in the 2nd, though.

No they wouldn’t.  Can’t just say hey we need a DT let’s just willy nilly take one.  After the top few DTs it thins out dramatically 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

35 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

As much as I like White, I don't see this happening even if he somehow gets past Detroit.

I don't believe Beane/McDermott made that enormous investment into Edmunds only to shift him outside nor do I see them taking a MLB in the top ten and moving HIM outside.

Some of the Devin White theory can probably be loosely based on Mcdermott's history with LB's in his defenses.

Edited by Rocket94

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What I’ve seen of him, he’s sensational. Where would he fit? Who goes to 2nd string? 

That is just it...make him fit! unleash the best players that we can get. We need active and rabid play makers!

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

We have no idea how Milano will respond after this injury. Lorax is in his twilight. Bring in White based on his impact alone. I would find a way to accomodate him, or assimilate him in this defense.

Milano's broken leg is not the kind of injury that will affect him long term. He's going to be on the field as the WLB. That much I'm certain of.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What I’ve seen if him, he’s sensational. Where would he fit? Who goes to 2nd string? 

That's the problem with LB...

Zo took the 3rd most snaps at LB in 2018, played on most every sure Passing Down, and still only played 62% of the snaps...So even AFTER Zo retires you're talking about pushing either your top 10 pick, or Milano to under 65% of the snaps per year?

I don't know?...?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

That's the problem with LB...

Zo took the 3rd most snaps at LB in 2018, played on most every sure Passing Down, and still only played 62% of the snaps...So even AFTER Zo retires you're talking about pushing either your top 10 pick, or Milano to under 65% of the snaps per year?

I don't know?...?

You are right. On the other hand, White's play potential cannot be ignored. It would give them more versatility.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The only thing that I’ll say to that is that if those were your LBs you’d play less nickel. White is an absolute monster he’s going to be a great pro.

I watch ellessuu every week....you missed something.

Pro Bowler instead of great pro.

He has a strange way of knowing where the ball is going..I'm not sure if that doesn't stem from him being a film guy or he can read a qb's eyes like very few can...or it's a combination of both.Regardless...no way does he drop to nine.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

He has a strange way of knowing where the ball is going..I'm not sure if that doesn't stem from him being a film guy or he can read a qb's eyes like very few can...or it's a combination of both.Regardless...no way does he drop to nine.

Yeah, he is the ultimate prospect. There aren’t holes in Devin White’s game.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Absolutely...now try to explain that to the number and statistical fans around here. 

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Absolutely...now try to explain that to the number and statistical fans around here. 

There isn't much to explain.When Gary Danielson,who is a SEC expert says.. "He's one of the greatest athletes to ever come through Baton Rouge"

Yeah...zoom in.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I believe all of this discussion to be moot, because I believe White will be off the board before the Bills pick.

If he IS still on the board, the Bills ought to trade down with a team that wants White. The Bills, with Edmunds and Milano, simply don't have room to give White the amount of snaps he deserves. And to those citing 'Zo's usage: White is not 'Zo. they have different body types, play different positions, and there is no evidence to be found in White's history to show that he's capable of playing a part-time edge-rushing role.

I'm not denying he's a great player and that the Bills should be in the business of acquiring great players. I'm just saying that finding snaps for a middle linebacker when you already HAVE a starting middle linebacker can be difficult, and the Bills probably shouldn't use such a premium pick on a player who will be on the bench so often.

You seem to have missed the message that we would have 3 linebackers who are all good pass defenders.   This seldom happens.   Don't be rigid and give the Bills a chance to get ahead of the curve for a change.   We would play less 2 LB because of the improved pass defense with our 3 guys.   Who is
"Zo"?  Anyway.      Who is saying that White would become an EDGE rusher in obvious passing downs?   You seem to be very rigid in your thinking.    Linebackers DO NOT rush the QB from the EDGE.  There are a lot of one-trick ponies that do that better.  They blitz inside the tackles.  They do a delayed blitz after the D-line blocks are seen and the offense does not have enough o-linemen to cover BOTH sides of the center to pick the blitzing LB up.  With White AND Edunds, we would have guys on either side and the offensive would have to guess which was coming. ( or on a delayed blitz, they would be caught with their pants down and 4 blocking 3 on one side and and 2 blocking 2 on the other- which is where the LB blitz should come from.   (study some history in the Biscuit/Shane Conley age when the 4-3 started to start to understand this).    .... As to "we already have a MLB".  PLEASE.  Read the descriptions of Edmunds and White- both could play either position.  Neither is a 275 pound MLB who stuffs runs in the center. They have very similar profiles which is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I believe that White is superior to Milano. Milano sits. Thats it. The Bills would have to draft White first for this to happen. This is a business...not Pop Warner or Mayberry.

Naw.  I think all 3 downs Milano plays.    By the way, what the hell do you mean about the "Pop Warner" crack?   That is a stupid, snarky comment.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JM57 said:

Say it with me everyone. It's 2019. We need to, as a fanbase, make sure everyone knows:

?

STOP USING WALTER FOOTBALL AS A SOURCE.

He is one of us, but with money sunk into a website. He is not good.

Onto the real meat of the post. Edmunds - White - Milano sounds great but how often were the Bills actually in their base 4-3 last year? Who comes off the field when they go to nickel or dime? 

I have made a good living and part of it was thinking "outside the box."    What is wrong with the idea of going to a 3-4 defense as an alternative?   We have a bunch of so-so DE/EDGE rushers.  We could draft or cultivate some 3-4 EDGE guys and play 3 pass good LB & a safety/LB type and 2 safeties  and 2 CB  (that adds up to eleven) on those obvious passing plays at long yardage AND at 3rd and 8.  

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree with the OP...if there is elite talent there, you take it and find a way to make it work...I believe there are ways of keeping Milano, Edmonds and white on the field at all times

Dallas seems pretty happy with Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch

Zo is a rotational player at this point of his career

Milano is coming off of a terrible injury

Edmunds showed flashes and flaws at times last year

LB is absolutely a need

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 hours ago, JM57 said:

Say it with me everyone. It's 2019. We need to, as a fanbase, make sure everyone knows:

?

STOP USING WALTER FOOTBALL AS A SOURCE.

He is one of us, but with money sunk into a website. He is not good.

Onto the real meat of the post. Edmunds - White - Milano sounds great but how often were the Bills actually in their base 4-3 last year? Who comes off the field when they go to nickel or dime? 

Well,  I wonder if you think that "because Buffalo didn't play the base 4-3 last year that much (I haven't looked it up), they will HAVE TO DO THE SAME THIS NEXT YEAR".  With different players?  We add a couple of new great players, but have to cram them into a system that got us a bad record last year?   We got a difference of opinion here !

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Some of the Devin White theory can probably be loosely based on Mcdermott's history with LB's in his defenses.

Heh?    I don't know what you mean.  Not being snarky, but fill me in one what you mean by this.