Quick Peterman update.....

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

is he on the Raiders roster?   I hope he does well.   He was always a class act.  Yes, he was terrible, but he was never an a-hole, or gave the impression that he was giving less than 100%.  I think he began to take too many chances, leading to his horrendous INT streak.   If he can fix that, he can still be a decent NFL backup.  

Not really a fan of the jokes about him.  He's a good dude, just wasn't a great player here. 

Ryan -

You make a good point.   We all should recognize that Nate is going to be a part of Bills' lore forever, because his experience in Buffalo was so extraordinarily bad.  There's no denying it.  

What follows is NOT INTENDED to comment on what anyone has said here.  It's just my thoughts about Peterman and how I think he should be treated.

If we're going to joke about it, that's fine.  But not the guy.  The guy was doing everything he could to be good.   It just didn't work.  We all know how hard it is do what he was trying to do - be a successful NFL QB, and we should have respect for the guy who did his best at it all along the way.   It's guys like that, with that heart, who McBeane want on their team.  That's exactly why he survived as long as he did with the Bills; other teams would have dumped him much earlier, but McDermott wouldn't give up on him.  Couldn't, because that kind of determination is what McD literally loves.   

There are plenty of funny stories people may tell about Wide Right, but Bills fans practically never went after Norwood about it.  He wasn't a jerk, a prima donna.  He was just a guy doing everything he could to win.   He just didn't do it that day.  Norwood had that heart, too, and that's why no one made it about Norwood. 

Want another example?  Don Beebe.  Catching Lett wasn't a bad thing, of course, like Peterman's experience was, but it happened in a lost-cause game in what was becoming the annual humiliation of the Bills.  It just didn't matter, except in one category:  heart.   We've loved Beebe since that day just because he WOULD NOT QUIT.

Want another?  Talley.

Want another?  Kelly.  

Bills fans love their players do everything they can to win.  Everything.   Bills fans love the players with heart.

So, yeah, it IS a lot of fun talking about the Peterman experiment, and Bills fans will do it for a long time.  If Allen turns into a star, the Allen Story sill start with Peterman Story, just to emphasize where the team was when Allen arrived.   But whatever happens to Peterman and to the Bills over the next ten years, he deserves to be talked about with respect and admiration and maybe even gratitude for what the man was trying to do.

Just like Flores and Powell, and just like Talley and Beebe and Kelly.   Yes, even just like Norwood.  . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Mods, please close this thread.  Peterman has more class than some of the members on this board and doesn't deserve to keep being bashed.  At the end of the day, he was not good enough to be our starting QB but for some, that's reason enough to keep belittling a classy former player in order to make their shallow, empty lives appear richer.  Enough with this callow garbage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

...hopefully most of these comments were in jest (know mine were).....as a 5th, the kid was/is chasing his life long dream as an NFL QB.....was proficient with rubber bullets in OTA's/pre-season but froze big time with live ammo....can he overcome it?...who knows?.....do I hope so?...yup, why not in some NFL QB capacity...good luck son....hating on a kid chasing his dream is ignorant period....

• Like (+1) 2

Have some dignity and remove this unnecessary thread you started, mellaman 101.  Peterman is not a Bill anymore so stop it with the schoolyard bullying.  If you want to feel better about yourself, then do something nice for a stranger.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Ryan -

You make a good point.   We all should recognize that Nate is going to be a part of Bills' lore forever, because his experience in Buffalo was so extraordinarily bad.  There's no denying it.  

What follows is NOT INTENDED to comment on what anyone has said here.  It's just my thoughts about Peterman and how I think he should be treated.

If we're going to joke about it, that's fine.  But not the guy.  The guy was doing everything he could to be good.   It just didn't work.  We all know how hard it is do what he was trying to do - be a successful NFL QB, and we should have respect for the guy who did his best at it all along the way.   It's guys like that, with that heart, who McBeane want on their team.  That's exactly why he survived as long as he did with the Bills; other teams would have dumped him much earlier, but McDermott wouldn't give up on him.  Couldn't, because that kind of determination is what McD literally loves.   

There are plenty of funny stories people may tell about Wide Right, but Bills fans practically never went after Norwood about it.  He wasn't a jerk, a prima donna.  He was just a guy doing everything he could to win.   He just didn't do it that day.  Norwood had that heart, too, and that's why no one made it about Norwood. 

Want another example?  Don Beebe.  Catching Lett wasn't a bad thing, of course, like Peterman's experience was, but it happened in a lost-cause game in what was becoming the annual humiliation of the Bills.  It just didn't matter, except in one category:  heart.   We've loved Beebe since that day just because he WOULD NOT QUIT.

Want another?  Talley.

Want another?  Kelly.  

Bills fans love their players do everything they can to win.  Everything.   Bills fans love the players with heart.

So, yeah, it IS a lot of fun talking about the Peterman experiment, and Bills fans will do it for a long time.  If Allen turns into a star, the Allen Story sill start with Peterman Story, just to emphasize where the team was when Allen arrived.   But whatever happens to Peterman and to the Bills over the next ten years, he deserves to be talked about with respect and admiration and maybe even gratitude for what the man was trying to do.

Just like Flores and Powell, and just like Talley and Beebe and Kelly.   Yes, even just like Norwood.  . 

It was interesting from a lot of people it seemed that he was a good guy who worked really hard. Just didn't work out and even reached a point where it seemed cruel to put him out there.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Have some dignity and remove this unnecessary thread you started, mellaman 101.  Peterman is not a Bill anymore so stop it with the schoolyard bullying.  If you want to feel better about yourself, then do something nice for a stranger.

...just stop with your crusade....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I'm all for having a good time with threads, especially in the offseason. The main issue I have with this particular thread is that it's NOT funny. Yes, Peterman is a good dude and all, but I'd probably still laugh if it was creative or interesting. My view on distasteful jokes is pretty simple; if you're gonna do it, it better be good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

My crusade?  Nope, just sick of the childish bullying from some members.  It's bad enough we've got to hear crap like this from the president.  People should just leave Peterman alone.  Great Caesar's ghost, we've got a draft coming up in 5 days.  Surely there can be other things to talk about instead of belittling a former player.  If you consider that a crusade then feel free to block me.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Hey, Marv!  That's hysterical!!!  I love it. 

I got the logic of the Lamonica trade; the Bills thought they had a great defense and needed only a veteran level headed QB (Flores) and a serious number 1 receiver (Powell).  It actually made sense.  HOWEVER, in terms of evaluating the players in the trade, and what their individual futures in the league might look like, the Bills wholly misjudged each player.  

Nothing will make up for the Lamonica trade.   That's why that trade is legendary.  

I wanted to remind you are not quoting Marv ^^

That's Marv neighbor.Good fellow  and all that .

Just not Marv.

lol

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm all for having a good time with threads, especially in the offseason. The main issue I have with this particular thread is that it's NOT funny. Yes, Peterman is a good dude and all, but I'd probably still laugh if it was creative or interesting. My view on distasteful jokes is pretty simple; if you're gonna do it, it better be good.

...agree...just hope it is in jest as was my comment...kid certainly worked his tail off to succeed, but he has not yet realized success..sure as hell hope he does in some fashion....dream hater is NOT my style...apologize if you thought so...chase your dream lad....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

is he on the Raiders roster?   I hope he does well.   He was always a class act.  Yes, he was terrible, but he was never an a-hole, or gave the impression that he was giving less than 100%.  I think he began to take too many chances, leading to his horrendous INT streak.   If he can fix that, he can still be a decent NFL backup.  

Not really a fan of the jokes about him.  He's a good dude, just wasn't a great player here. 

Agreed.  A player can't help that they don't have enough talent, and Peterman just didn't have it.  After the opening game debacle, I thought he should have been released because it was obvious that he was helpless against regular season competition.  Maybe if he sat on the bench for a season or two and just watched, he would have been a played a little better because he had a little more to work with.  I said it at the time last year that keeping Peterman as Allen's backup rather than moving immediately to bring in a better backup QB was unnecessarily cruel to Peterman.