Which Draft Coverage Do You Prefer?

H2o

For years I would pack in for two days at the house and watch the ESPN coverage back in the day. It was your only option. I liked Berman and Co. back then though. Now we have the NFL Network that covers the draft as well. I find myself flipping back and forth, usually when the commercials kick in. I actually like hearing some of McShay's insight once you get to the 2nd and 3rd Rounds on ESPN, but Kiper is ridiculous. I like Louis Riddick as well because the guy is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to breaking down prospects. I used to like hearing Mayock break guys down on NFL Network, but now he's off to Oakland. You're left with Eisen, Sanders, Faulk, and Davis. I'm really excited to watch the Game Day crew do the draft coverage this year on ABC. Love the College Game Day crew and the chemistry they have. That will be my choice this year. Whom do you prefer and why?

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

One of the worst things about being here in Japan is not getting ESPN.

Watching Mel is fun. I'd much rather do that, but I don't have a choice.

I used to like Mel, but these days he seems like he just says things to be over the top on purpose. More show than analysis. It's funny at times, but I've never seen a person more wrong and still keep getting paid to do what he does. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

For years I would pack in for two days at the house and watch the ESPN coverage back in the day. It was your only option. I liked Berman and Co. back then though. Now we have the NFL Network that covers the draft as well. I find myself flipping back and forth, usually when the commercials kick in. I actually like hearing some of McShay's insight once you get to the 2nd and 3rd Rounds on ESPN, but Kiper is ridiculous. I like Louis Riddick as well because the guy is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to breaking down prospects. I used to like hearing Mayock break guys down on NFL Network, but now he's off to Oakland. You're left with Eisen, Sanders, Faulk, and Davis. I'm really excited to watch the Game Day crew do the draft coverage this year on ABC. Love the College Game Day crew and the chemistry they have. That will be my choice this year. Whom do you prefer and why?

Depends if I am watching by myself or in a group. If in a group, I will usually have NFLN ( I liked Mayock more than Kiper). I record both channels. If watching by myself (did it once), I watch one live and one recorded version switching back and forth during commercials. The great thing about this technique on DIRECTV is that using the prev button takes you to where you stopped watching. Then you can selectively forward or rewind either channel  at your discretion. 

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

I used to like Mel, but these days he seems like he just says things to be over the top on purpose. More show than analysis. It's funny at times, but I've never seen a person more wrong and still keep getting paid to do what he does. :lol:

...we need a modern day version of "Mel vs Tobin-1994" to liven things up.....................

• Haha (+1) 1

I hate the later rounds when Mel Kiper is grading each team ( bragging about the team that used his draft guide) and we are forced to watch the Bills selections  scroll across the bottom of the screen.

Can we please just announce every player drafted and save the commentary for Monday?

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

One of the worst things about being here in Japan is not getting ESPN.

Watching Mel is fun. I'd much rather do that, but I don't have a choice.

As long as you have internet access you have options to watch

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, H2o said:

Weathermen? Baseball players?

• Like (+1) 1

I may get roasted for this but like having the TV Draft Coverage on however the Audio coming from WGR550AM (can get it here in Rochester or via Radio.com App).

They'll have the most content about our team than we'd ever hear on either Draft Coverage.

One time a buddy (who was not listening to WGR) texted me and asked me who I thought the next Bills pick was going to be...

The WGR radio reporter had just told us listeners the pick so I had texted him back the right name as the card was being brought up to read by the Commish...

I  looked psychic - I told him "...I have ESPn" lol  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

As long as you have internet access you have options to watch

Which ones will be streaming online? Any without the need for a cable subscription?

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Mcshay is so much worse

1 hour ago, TAinLA said:

I go back and forth between ESPN and the NFL network.  I  do like ESPN and will miss Mayocks' evaluations of the draftees!

Yeah - Mayock was my favorite, will definitely miss his takes.  I had been watching more NFLN than ESPN the past few years but I may drift back b/c of Mayock not being there.

• Like (+1) 2