Alpha Mock V2.0 - Top Ten and Bills picks over 4 rounds

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would argue it helps the Bills more than the Dolphins.  We are further along.  

You could argue that. I wouldn’t want to be known as the guy that helped a division rival draft their franchise quarterback. Could he be that? Probably not, but there is a chance. Why take the chance? Trade back with the Falcons  Dimitrof needs a dlineman worse than the Bills do and is also fighting for his job and Quinn’s. Desperate men might make a better deal for the Bills.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good stuff @Alphadawg7 outside of the Love pick I really like this. If you make that Devin Singletary it would be good. 

Thanks and Singletary is who I wanted there but I don’t think he will be on the board still.  I think he will be 3rd round or early 4th.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I really like this and I have suggested such a move as well, although I don't think the Bills can get a straight, stand alone 3rd (#71?) but maybe have to surrender one of theirs in the 4th in the deal.  One goal would be to get more picks in the top 100 and this helps.  The bigger goal is to convert day 3 picks into meaningful roster assets and fewer 2019 bodies.   Getting the same guy at #10 as they would at #9 is a great selling point to such a deal and Sweat would be ok with me if his medicals check.  If the Broncos like Haskins or Locke, then it makes sense for Elway to pull the trigger ont the cheap and try to quiet the mob of their fans upset with his post Manning QB moves.

Now, if there are 3 to 6 players the Bills feel are of equal value, then trading to 13, 15 or 17 makes sense and would help their roster build even more, just as Alpha suggests.  With 5 in the top 100 (an edge has to be in the top 50, imo) they could get something like:

DT or DE (Sweat, Oliver, Burns, Wilkens) // WR (Butler, Harry, or which other flavor they like) or DL again if one fell //  TE (Warring, Oliver, Sternberger // RB (Montgomery, Sanders, Harris, or whoever they think is best available and a likely consensus top 5) and DL (Saunders, Wren with whom they have been connected.)   If their is an OT they like at any of these spots, that would be great too.

Five picks in the top 100 gives them a real shot  at 5 players who can upgrade their 2019 roster.  Now convert other day 3 picks to franchise assets like 2020 picks, a talented player that is an IR candidate (like a RB such as Bryce Love, as Alpha suggested) and a top punter like Mitch Wisnowski (an athletic former Aussie rules player with great directional kicking ability) who gives them a 3rd chance to better their ST from last year.    

Next year it's likely they will need to replace Gore and McCoy and it makes sense to get them on the team this year if the price is right.

All great points, but I'm telling Mr. Ed that my phone is ringing off the hook with deals for Lock at 9. If you wants it, it's gonna cost a 3rd...period.

Now John, I wouldn't do this for just anybody so...what's it gonna be?

I would much rather do this and be safe than go down too many spots and get nothing more.... or very little more.

I don’t think anyone is trading up for any QB not named Kyler Murray.  These guys are all meh imo.  Why waste a first rd pick like we did on Ej.  Just because they’re the best available doesn’t mean they’re any good.  People reply like Drew Lock that much where they’d use a 1st and a 2nd on him?  I don’t see it

Very solid draft.  I like that we traded back, and then still drafted DK.  Burns would be very interesting here.  Christian Wilkins(to me he seems destined to be a Bill) and Burns would help take our D to next level.  Irv Smith would transform our offense.  And 4th round looks like sweet spot for RBs.  The Bills met with Sanders, Henderson, and I think Singletary.  We definitely need a new RB. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:53 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair points on the RB...yeah I totally agree on the RB situation, lots of intriguing guys could be had there.  I live in Cali, so we saw a lot of him here and Love's dominance in 2017 is still fresh a bit in my mind lol.  I have a slight partial to him just because we saw so much of him :)

You were 100% right on Love's Draft stock!!!

Well done Sir!!! ?

• Thank you (+1) 1