What do the pre-draft Visits tell us?

Taking a quick peek at the Bills Pre-Draft Visits, I believe a few things are becoming clear regarding each round.

1. The most 1st round caliber players the Bills have brought in have been defensive linemen, either edge or tackle. With that in mind I see it very likely the Bills go D-Line in Round 1, with Oliver/Sweat/Gary/Burns being the favorites in that order. 

2. The next most interviewed position was day 2 possible WR’s. The only wideout that seems like a round 1 Lock is Metcalf, and even he could end up in round 2 because of injuries and other questions

3. Funny that the only TE’s we’ve seen brought in for visits (I believe?)  have been Knox and Sternberger. Tells me they won’t spend the assets on a TE in round one unless somehow they trade down and all those defensive linemen are gonna. 

4. This is where we see most of the running backs start to get interviewed. Darrell Henderson anyone? 

Later day 3: a fair amount of DB’s tells me we’ll see one off the board on day 3 for sure. Running back and offensive line depth also seem like possibilities as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

You can’t really point to things like pre draft visits with any certainty as to try to guess what the  Bills will do in the draft...

Taron Johnson said last year that the Bills has no contact with him before the draft..

Edited by Aussie Joe

Good study.  They only have 30(?) pre-draft visits and it does take Bills resources to do them.  Not really the place for an overall smokescreen.  The day2 guys they interviewed likely shows something of the plans.  These guys don't have a lot of combine data and probably not a lot of pro-days or film.  No reason to hide the interest.

20 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I am afraid it means no Hock

As we discussed in the pre-draft visit thread, we do not know if Hockenson visited or not. We do not have 30 confirmed visits, the visits are now over, and none of his visits to any team were reported by him or his agent. The teams do not report these visits.