Daniel Jeremiah: "Bills more than open to trading back"

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-more-than-open-to-trading-back-says-daniel-jeremiah.html

This is what I have been saying most the offseason, that I still think the Bills trade down from 9 if the right offer is there.  As we sit today, I think there could be a really good shot to trade with Miami so they can get the QB they want (Haskins or Lock) before teams like Den, Cin or Was (in a move up) can grab one.  I am working on my latest mock too and the way I see the top 8 going, I think the trade down becomes the move.  Below is small section of the article:

Why would the Bills be willing to move down? According to Jeremiah, there are 15 to 16 top guys in the draft. Here is what Jeremiah said in a conference call with the media on Thursday.

“You kind of look at it from a 30,000-foot view here, I think that there’s 15 to 16 players that everybody in the league kind of agrees are the top guys, and then after that once you get to 17, 18, all the way to 50 or 60, they’re in all different order there.”  

Buffalo could make a slight drop down from No. 9 and still land one of the best prospects in the class while also adding addition picks to select players from the second tier of available prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Buffalo could make a slight drop down from No. 9 and still land one of the best prospects in the class while also adding addition picks to select players from the second tier of available prospects.

**Third tier

Top tier is Bosa, Williams, Alllen, Oliver possibly Sweat and Devin White

Moving back for less than a second rounder would not be worth it IMHO

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Augie said:

It seems almost EVERY team this year would like to drop back. We all need takers. 

Yup, but of all the teams "interested" in a trade back, its pretty easy to argue the Bills are in the best position to make it happen.  Going up to the Niners, Jets, Raiders, Giants picks will be very costly.  And with a defensive heavy top 10, odds are looking good QB's will slide to 9 and then boom, that becomes a prime trade up spot.  

I highly doubt the Jets will find a taker for the 3rd pick for instance.  What QB is worth that given they are just as likely to fall to 9?  So I really feel like we are in a very good spot for this type of move this year.  We could go back to say #13 with Miami, still get the guy we want at 9 and pickup #48 in the 2nd.  Then move back up into the first to get another coveted player by trading #40 and either our 3rd or one something like a 4th and a 5th (just depends how high we go up from 40 really).  We then have 2 firsts and a 2nd still.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dlonce said:

These guys are throwing pasta at a wall.

someones going to be correct.

Thats the entire basis of offseason media though.  But yes, totally agree.  

I just happen to agree that this is a very real possibility and Beane has hinted at it before in press conferences.  

Our greatest need is for elite talent, so a trade up would be good too. DT is our weakest position overall followed by OT and G. It could be a long season if the DL doesn't get elite help. They'll have trouble getting off the field. I'd gladly sacrifice some day 3 picks for a top 5 talent that falls.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup, but of all the teams "interested" in a trade back, its pretty easy to argue the Bills are in the best position to make it happen.  Going up to the Niners, Jets, Raiders, Giants picks will be very costly.  And with a defensive heavy top 10, odds are looking good QB's will slide to 9 and then boom, that becomes a prime trade up spot.  

I highly doubt the Jets will find a taker for the 3rd pick for instance.  What QB is worth that given they are just as likely to fall to 9?  So I really feel like we are in a very good spot for this type of move this year.  We could go back to say #13 with Miami, still get the guy we want at 9 and pickup #48 in the 2nd.  Then move back up into the first to get another coveted player by trading #40 and either our 3rd or one something like a 4th and a 5th (just depends how high we go up from 40 really).  We then have 2 firsts and a 2nd still.  

Let us hope! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

**Third tier

Top tier is Bosa, Williams, Alllen, Oliver possibly Sweat and Devin White

Moving back for less than a second rounder would not be worth it IMHO

That's a big maybe on Sweat or White, but who knows? I've read that Sweat may have a heart condition. Ouch!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I think if he trades back it will be for a pick next year.

Or he plans on moving up in other spots in the draft. 

There is no way I could be convinced that Beane drafts 10 or more players.

It’s not about accumulating more picks by trading back for MORE players. It’s essentially for less players. They accumulate more picks in rounds 2 through 4 by trading back into the teens. Then they package their multiple picks to get back into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for players that have a shot at becoming something. 

• Like (+1) 3

How cool would it be to have one of those little countdown clocks in the upper corner, like the ones that tell you how many minutes and seconds until St Patty’s Day?   ?

The problem is, all too ften people would want it turned on in late October.    ?

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I doubt that Beane would trade down with a division rival (Miami ) unless he could really exact an outrageous price.  There are so many moving pieces with the draft, predicting the Bills moves are nothing more than a guess.  Not even an educated guess, at that.

Why though?  Miami is in total rebuild mode, they are so far off from being a threat.  We have nothing to fear on a trade back with them.  It arguably helps the Bills a lot more than the Dolphins.  They are the ones losing picks, we likely still get the player we wanted plus the extra picks.  

• Like (+1) 1