Buffalo Bills could be surprise team of the NFL this season, says Mel Kiper Jr.

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Well it was a Bills show... soooo yeah, not surprising he said nice things about the Bills.

And I thought Bills fans hated Mel anyway? We don't care what he has to say right?

We dont care when he has BAD things to say. We do care when he has GOOD things to say as long as we agree.....In my best Kevin Malone voice.

Related image

Edited by fansince88
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Speaking of educating- It’s affect not effect..

Maybe he meant that it won't bring about play on the field... which is still correct.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Today 3:27 PM
ORCHARD PARK, NY - NOVEMBER 25: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills celebrates a running touchdown during the fourth quarter against the Jacksonville Jaguars at New Era Field on November 25, 2018 in Orchard Park, New York. Buffalo defeats Jacksonville 24-21. (Photo by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)

Getty Images

ORCHARD PARK, NY - NOVEMBER 25: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills celebrates a running touchdown during the fourth quarter against the Jacksonville Jaguars at New Era Field on November 25, 2018 in Orchard Park, New York. Buffalo defeats Jacksonville 24-21. (Photo by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Mel Kiper Jr. believes the Buffalo Bills could shock the NFL world in 2019.

Kiper appeared on One Bills Live on Friday and was asked which team could be the surprise team of the league following the 2019 NFL Draft. After discussing a few possibilities, Kiper turned his attention to Buffalo. According to Kiper, the key for the Bills is to build around Josh Allen.

General manager Brandon Beane has already added new weapons in the passing game like John Brown, Cole Beasley and Tyler Kroft. He also went out and signed multiple linemen to compete for jobs in front of the second-year QB. That said, a young quarterback can never have enough weapons or protection in front of him.

“In terms of a team getting better, I’ll go right to the Buffalo Bills," Kiper said. “Support Josh (Allen). Josh Allen proved he could be a big-time quarterback. He made plays last year and I watched every snap he took. I watched throws that were great throws called back for penalties on successive plays and they put him way behind the chains. I watched dropped passes put them in bad down and distance situations. I saw him compete. I saw him do things that other quarterbacks, even veterans, couldn’t do. Athletically, competitiveness is phenomenal. The arm, we know he has. Some of the layups, for whatever reason, he’ll just miss a few of those throws that make you scratch your head a little bit. But if he can just even things out a bit, keep working –which he will—I think the Buffalo Bills… People are just sleeping on the Buffalo Bills for some reason.”

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/buffalo-bills-could-be-surprise-team-of-the-nfl-this-season-says-mel-kiper-jr.html

About the only intelligent thing I have ever heard Kiper say haha :nana:

Actually this was pretty spot on.  The difference here compared to the people "sleeping" on the Bills is that Kiper went and watched the tape.  Anyone who has 2 eyes and a brain can just see the potential ooozing out of this kid all over the place.  They can see how many great moments were taken away by BS penalties.  They can see how bad his supporting cast was.  They can see the things he can do that just no one else really can.  

This kid is going to have a big 2019...I firmly believe that.  And I am not a Bills QB homer.  I have hated most the QB's we have had since Kelly.  

Josh though is the first QB in a lonnnnnng time that I have this kind of supreme confidence in regardless of team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I dont like this..

I want them to continue to be the media despised, hopeless small market team with the future bust in waiting QB who couldn’t hit the side of a barn..

Stay under the radar..

i think the media despised small market team part will continue no matter what they do; that's never going to change.   the nfl needs to sell the TV deal to the networks  for max dollars; the Bills have no place in that effort.  this will always be the league of the big markets. 

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well that remains to be seen...

I would rather the Bills be talked down in the media, which could lead to opposing teams taking them lightly..

I would rather the hype come grudgingly and after they have won a few games..

Oddly, I'm kind of in this camp.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

About the only intelligent thing I have ever heard Kiper say haha :nana:

Actually this was pretty spot on.  The difference here compared to the people "sleeping" on the Bills is that Kiper went and watched the tape.  Anyone who has 2 eyes and a brain can just see the potential ooozing out of this kid all over the place.  They can see how many great moments were taken away by BS penalties.  They can see how bad his supporting cast was.  They can see the things he can do that just no one else really can.  

This kid is going to have a big 2019...I firmly believe that.  And I am not a Bills QB homer.  I have hated most the QB's we have had since Kelly.  

Josh though is the first QB in a lonnnnnng time that I have this kind of supreme confidence in regardless of team.  

Well put, Alphadawg7!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe the reason that nobody but Bills fans thinks the Bills will "surprise" the NFL is because they've been doing the "two steps forward, two steps backwards" dance for the last twenty years as evidenced by only 3 winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance.

13 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Kiper loved Josh Allen to the point where he would have taken him first overall. So its not surprising to see him showing some love. I think the Bills do need a good draft to put themselves over the hump but this team is trending in the right direction. 

I see a strong draft upcoming with McBeane at the helm - I have a level of confidence in the management, culture, & direction of this team that is the exact opposite of the Sabres.