Pocohantes calls for impeachment hearings...

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Agree here too. I want Trump out, and I think best way for that to happen is to let the focus become on his record...all of this stuff is just helping keep his base energized. 

Really?  Twitters aside, has the sky really fallen as was widely assumed?  Has he been worse than any of his 3 predecessors?

I am legitimately interested in Trump opinions from those who have not been under full TDS the last four years.

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m thoroughly confused. Wasn’t it Trump who wasn’t going to accept the results of the election? Bizzaro Universe for sure. 

picking an off-the-cuff comment that may have been peevish or a joke is not quite a wise course of action to pursue

can be fun though, just grab one sentence in a two hour interview, or chop it up, or complete invent a comment and use that to represent the entire career and being of someone you are deranged over...

42 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Really?  Twitters aside, has the sky really fallen as was widely assumed?  Has he been worse than any of his 3 predecessors?

I am legitimately interested in Trump opinions from those who have not been under full TDS the last four years.

I don’t believe the sky has fallen under any president outside of Carter and Nixon. And I don’t think it will even if we get 6 more years of Trump. We are too great a country for one guy to pull that off I think. 

And as brief as I can be in phone...while i do agree with Trump on many things, as an example that immigration is an issue that needs to be addressed ,,, I think he is so derisive , and that he sees that quality as the reason he won and  as a strength politically that issues and compromises just cannot be made. 

I think his ego gets in the way of getting deals done that benefit our country both domestically and with other countries. 

And the complete inability to tell the truth on any subject is a true character flaw that I think hurts this country in innumerable ways. 

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don’t believe the sky has fallen under any president outside of Carter and Nixon. And I don’t think it will even if we get 6 more years of Trump. We are too great a country for one guy to pull that off I think. 

And as brief as I can be in phone...while i do agree with Trump on many things, as an example that immigration is an issue that needs to be addressed ,,, I think he is so derisive , and that he sees that quality as the reason he won and  as a strength politically that issues and compromises just cannot be made. 

I think his ego gets in the way of getting deals done that benefit our country both domestically and with other countries. 

And the complete inability to tell the truth on any subject is a true character flaw that I think hurts this country in innumerable ways. 

fair enough

is he less truthful than the Clintons?  please think hard before answering that.... and if he is the same or better than them, why do liberals fly off to another planet and pretend they didn't hear the question in the first place?

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Of course when he does tell the truth, the press calls him a liar:

* There was no collusion conspiracy! (He's a liar and a traitor)

* The dossier was fake (He's doing Putin's work to disparage the intel community)

* Obama wiretapped Trump tower (he's insane and a liar)

Of course now we know he was telling the truth on each and every one of those things. Will the press and left admit it as such and apologize? Or will they move past it and say he's just a pathological liar when in reality, they are?

• Like (+1) 6

politicians have to say less than truthful thing constantly in campaigns and when in office

anyone with an IQ over 100 and a decent amount of worldy-wiseness KNOW THIS ALREADY

but it only arises when the GOP does it.... how could that be???

6 hours ago, dubs said:

This woman is an embarrassment. It blows me away that people actually listen to her. She should be shunned, Dwight Schrute style. 

If you ignore her interactions with Trump and the stupid DNA thing she has a history of fighting for the little guy.  She voted Republican in the 90's favoring free markets before recognizing the corruption between the elite political class (Republican and Democrat), Wall Street, corrupt bank executives, etc...that predated the '08 crash and why populists on the left and right gained all this traction recently.  I'm fine with her staying in the Senate, but she isn't the ideal candidate to run against Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't fully disagree with that (especially the ego part and how that impact relations with other leaders), but I can't get on board with the 'he's too derisive' reasoning for one simple 'Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten' fact:  he didn't start it.   He was mocked and derided politically from Day 1 of his campaign (actually for two years prior to that), and then when he won -- by a wide margin -- his opponents went bat schitt crazy with the 'Not My President' and 'Resist' and 'Outlaw the Electoral College' nonsense for no reason other than they were sore losers. 

And I don't buy the excuse it was just because Trump was that horrible because they did the same thing when Bush won, and I'd bet my children they'll do it again the next time a Republican is elected.  Remember the thousands of 'Not my President' nuts protesting after Clinton and Obama won?  Me neither.   Those same nuts are now shaping the media narrative and several have declared for President.  You can't possibly want any of them over Trump, and you can't possibly envision a realistic scenario where another Republican take the nomination from Trump and wins the General.

So what's been so awful?  Yeah he's a complete a-hole and last guy I'd ever want to have dinner with, but I just don't see why he needs to go at all costs.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The Russians were always here since the days of FDR on the behalf of Democrats.  Maybe we should be looking into collusion charges for DNC operatives from the days of Obama and Clinton?  It was going on before the existence of the internet.  Yes, listening to Warren talk reminds that we don't have to have a complete idiot as President.  It means throwing her worthless tail to the curb once the formal primary/caucus season starts.  With all the Democratic hopefuls making fools of themselves the electorate will see the best choice does not reside with the Democrats so better days are ahead!

Democrat Alger Hiss spent four years in jail for....lying under oath, supposedly*. That made Nixon the VP. So it was punished back then, too.

* Of course this was Tricky Dick, who used a guy who admitted in the same case HE had lied under oath and we know that Nixon lied constantly about Hiss and the Pumpkin Papers, so...

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course when he does tell the truth, the press calls him a liar:

* There was no collusion conspiracy! (He's a liar and a traitor)

* The dossier was fake (He's doing Putin's work to disparage the intel community)

* Obama wiretapped Trump tower (he's insane and a liar)

Of course now we know he was telling the truth on each and every one of those things. Will the press and left admit it as such and apologize? Or will they move past it and say he's just a pathological liar when in reality, they are?

We have had these conversations before..I agree on much of this,and agrre much of Trump untruths are minor,  but the incessant lies( my father was born in Germany) never end..and makes guys like me just never trust him.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I don't fully disagree with that (especially the ego part and how that impact relations with other leaders), but I can't get on board with the 'he's too derisive' reasoning for one simple 'Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten' fact:  he didn't start it.   He was mocked and derided politically from Day 1 of his campaign (actually for two years prior to that), and then when he won -- by a wide margin -- his opponents went bat schitt crazy with the 'Not My President' and 'Resist' and 'Outlaw the Electoral College' nonsense for no reason other than they were sore losers. 

And I don't buy the excuse it was just because Trump was that horrible because they did the same thing when Bush won, and I'd bet my children they'll do it again the next time a Republican is elected.  Remember the thousands of 'Not my President' nuts protesting after Clinton and Obama won?  Me neither.   Those same nuts are not shaping the media narrative and several have declared for President.  You can't possibly want any of them over Trump, and you can't possibly envision a realistic scenario where another Republican take the nomination from Trump and wins the General.

So what's been so awful?  Yeah he's a complete a-hole and last guy I'd ever want to have dinner with, but I just don't see why he needs to go at all costs.

wide margin is certainly an interesting term..when more people actually voted for Hillary. Having said that, I don't think he needs to go at all costs, As I said, I think the Dems best move forward to stop all this nonsense and focus on his record, which I believe is quite poor outside of a juiced up economy...Dems are smart they focus like crazy are deficit expansion and healthcare...Trump wants to take your healthcare away!!!!!

My ideal scenario is seeing Larry Hogan getting in a primary race with Trump and spanking him!!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I don't fully disagree with that (especially the ego part and how that impact relations with other leaders), but I can't get on board with the 'he's too derisive' reasoning for one simple 'Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten' fact:  he didn't start it.   He was mocked and derided politically from Day 1 of his campaign (actually for two years prior to that)

Actually, for 25 years prior to that.  "President Trump" was the punch line to bad jokes for a hell of a long time.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

wide margin is certainly an interesting term..when more people actually voted for Hillary.

Three-fifths of the states, and 70+ electoral college votes. 

The popular vote is not the margin of victory in presidential races.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Did half the liberal Americans miss that class in grade 3 on the Electoral College?

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Did half the liberal Americans miss that class in grade 3 on the Electoral College?

People just don't like it when it thinks it works against them.  For instance.........

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

While different argument. As I said , interesting term wide margin. Winner take all electoral college , correct. Wide margin. 

Popular vote , he gets beat. Tough to call that a wide margin when you talk about popular sentiment to his presidency. 

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

While different argument. As I said , interesting term wide margin. Winner take all electoral college , correct. Wide margin. 

Popular vote , he gets beat. Tough to call that a wide margin when you talk about popular sentiment to his presidency. 

Easy to call that a wide margin, since the president isn't elected by popular vote.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

People just don't like it when it thinks it works against them.  For instance.........

Or...Trump's just an idiot who's never said anything he hasn't eventually contradicted.

• Like (+1) 2