NFL Radio Fan Draft: Bills Pick Hockenson

For what it's worth, I was driving from around 3 to 7 PM Thursday listening to Sirius XM NFL radio, Pat Kirwin and Dave something (never heard Dave there before but I'm  ever in my car at that time normally). Neither of them thought Hock would be there at 9. They thought Detroit would take him or someone would trade up ahead of Buffalo to take him.

Dave thought if he was still there the Bill's should take him. Pat felt there's too many good TEs that will be available for the 2nd Bill's pick whereas the dline dropoff is much larger after the top few. 

14 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Moving the Chains on NFL Radio had their annual fan draft today.  There were some off the wall selections for the parts I was able to hear.

Jason B picking for the Bills selected TJ Hockenson for the Bills with Oliver still on the board.  I would be OK with Hockenson if the top 4 DL were off the board but would have selected Oliver.

Good pick or bad pick by Jason B?

Hes a complete moron if he thinks the Bills leave Oliver on the board.  Times like these show you how little the media actually knows of our FO and HC.

16 hours ago, mrags said:

I prefer Fant myself. I think he’s for more upside. But don’t think you can go wrong with Hock. I think Fant will give you more of a take the league by storm (Shockey, Gronk, Gates) quality of play. Hock will give you Witten, Gonzo type. Both good in their own right. But Fant could be much more explosive 

Under the right circumstance.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Under the right circumstance.

It’s all a crap shoot. I don’t think they are far off as far as a floor goes. But I feel like Fants ceiling will be higher. 

Again, don’t get me wrong. I think they are both going to be really good in the NFL. And not taking anything away from guys like Ertz, Or Witten. We’d be thrilled if we got someone like that at TE. I just think Fant has the abilities to become Gronk, Shockey, or Gates in their primes. 

I’d rather take the upside myself but won’t complain about either

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The Bills do not have a single skill position player on offense other than Allen, that has the potential to be a All-Pro type player or even a top 10 player at their position in the league.  I would love Hock at 9.