NFL Radio Fan Draft: Bills Pick Hockenson

Moving the Chains on NFL Radio had their annual fan draft today.  There were some off the wall selections for the parts I was able to hear.

Jason B picking for the Bills selected TJ Hockenson for the Bills with Oliver still on the board.  I would be OK with Hockenson if the top 4 DL were off the board but would have selected Oliver.

Good pick or bad pick by Jason B?

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

If an Olineman and a WR had a baby it would give you Hockenson!

I prefer Fant myself. I think he’s for more upside. But don’t think you can go wrong with Hock. I think Fant will give you more of a take the league by storm (Shockey, Gronk, Gates) quality of play. Hock will give you Witten, Gonzo type. Both good in their own right. But Fant could be much more explosive 

9 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Moving the Chains on NFL Radio had their annual fan draft today.  There were some off the wall selections for the parts I was able to hear.

Jason B picking for the Bills selected TJ Hockenson for the Bills with Oliver still on the board.  I would be OK with Hockenson if the top 4 DL were off the board but would have selected Oliver.

Good pick or bad pick by Jason B?

Who is Jason B? Some rando fan? Or did you mean Joe B by chance? I think this is all if you want O or D. The bias would make the decision

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Who is Jason B? Some rando fan? Or did you mean Joe B by chance? I think this is all if you want O or D. The bias would make the decision

It was a fan who signed up, not writers.  They gave his full name but it was long and I was driving.

40 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

It was a fan who signed up, not writers.  They gave his full name but it was long and I was driving.

Awww, gotcha. Wasnt sure if it was one of the ones where they get a local sports writer like manish mehta  or omar kelly. Whenever i hear or read those two they make me apprecoate sal and joe all the more. They have actual columns though but man... woof!

I like Hock, but feel that we need DL more.  Passing on Oliver would be a huge mistake IMO. The only reason to pass on Oliver is to trade down IMO.   This is the deepest TE class I have ever seen.  Dawson Knox in the 3rd sounds awesome to me.  There is great TE value through round 4

WR looks nice in the 2nd round too- or later

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Ahhhh....that makes sense. IMO, if you took Hock over Oliver, even as a GM, you would soon become just a fan. 

But what do I know? 

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

I like Hock, but feel that we need DL more.  Passing on Oliver would be a huge mistake IMO. The only reason to pass on Oliver is to trade down IMO.   This is the deepest TE class I have ever seen.  Dawson Knox in the 3rd sounds awesome to me.  There is great TE value through round 4

WR looks nice in the 2nd round too- or later

I don't think Oliver will be there. My biggest fear with Hock is these top 15 TEs never seem to live up to the hype. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts