Greg Gabriel: Hot name to Jets is Ed Oliver at 3 (Gregg wants him)

11 hours ago, mrags said:

I think it’s more like 2014. I think there will be more like Hopkins, Evans, and ODB. Unfortunately, we made the wrong pick then and paid big for it with Sammy Blumpkin. 

Perhaps.... and I hope not. I lost a TV that day when they announced Watkins instead of Mack.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So Gregg will over rule the HC and GM - interesting.

I think this is a smokescreen. But I will say that both Gase and McCaggnan are huge wusses. Gregg will take over that team by the end of the year. He's an ass but he's also and Alpha and the players follow him. He will undermine Gase every step of the way

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this is a smokescreen. But I will say that both Gase and McCaggnan are huge wusses. Gregg will take over that team by the end of the year. He's an ass but he's also and Alpha and the players follow him. He will undermine Gase every step of the way

I’m good with that!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m good with that!   ?

Its an insane hire when you hire a spineless dude like Gase as a head coach. He's a weirdo and a know it all who players hate. Williams is old school tough as nails who players love. Seems like a combustible situation. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Seems like nearly every year the Jets force themselves to take an interior lineman and end up having to let the previous guy walk because they’re overloaded at the position.  They did this with Mo Wilks and Richardson.  Let them do it again with Q or Oliver - I don’t see them giving Leonard Williams and another interior DT each a $100m contract in 3-5 years.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Seems like nearly every year the Jets force themselves to take an interior lineman and end up having to let the previous guy walk because they’re overloaded at the position.  They did this with Mo Wilks and Richardson.  Let them do it again with Q or Oliver - I don’t see them giving Leonard Williams and another interior DT each a $100m contract in 3-5 years.

They are stuck in 4-3, 3-4 purgatory. Constantly switching. Now you have a bunch or personnel in the front seven that don't match what Gregg does. I know they say they are going to keep a 3-4 concept but Gregg has been a tried and true 4-6 guy for a long time. I know if his very varied in his approach, but the Jets continually churn through schemes and draft players who don't quite fit.  Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson, Darron Lee, Quinton Coples are all 4-3 guys drafted to play in a 3-4 for some reason. So yeah the Jets are dumb. 

• Like (+1) 2

never believe rumors. As Buddy Nix pointed out, GM's may hint at this planned action or another, but only a fool takes it seriously. GM's are as clueless as the rest of is when it comes to guessing what another GM is going to do.

19 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He’ll be interim in year 3. Gase was a laughable hire.

On 4/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, YoloinOhio said:

We’re not gonna make it, folks.

God ? please let this be  true !!

let the Jets take him , 

Unfortunatlly it’s just Smoke & Mirrors!!! 

I hope we ( BIG ) PASS on him at 9 , 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:59 AM, Logic said:

I just tweeted this to Sal, but...

First we hear from Matt Miller that the Bills love Ed Oliver. Then we hear that the Jets "badly" want to trade down. Then we hear that the Jets are taking Oliver. I know trades with division rivals are rare, but is it crazy to think the Jets are trying to lure the Bills into trading up for Oliver?

To #3? I doubt it. If they were at #7 or close, then maybe, but the Bills aren't going to give up that much.