Greg Gabriel: Hot name to Jets is Ed Oliver at 3 (Gregg wants him)

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NFLN featured an interview with the Williams kid...VERY impressive IMO...well grounded and detailed how he bulked up smartly when asked to do so for the positional change...

I saw part of that, and they also replayed the Bama/LSU game recently. WOW!

Almost makes you wish we’d lost a couple more games last year. (Hey! I said almost!) 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just tweeted this to Sal, but...

First we hear from Matt Miller that the Bills love Ed Oliver. Then we hear that the Jets "badly" want to trade down. Then we hear that the Jets are taking Oliver. I know trades with division rivals are rare, but is it crazy to think the Jets are trying to lure the Bills into trading up for Oliver?

Yes I think they are trying to lure someone. I don’t see Beane giving up assets to the Jersey Jests though. If they actually take Oliver, then they are passing on either Quinnen or Bosa or Allen which is kind of whack 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

giphy.gif

Nobody else here wants to believe me, but Oliver's gonna bust. This is the best thing that could possibly happen for us...

I think he's more likely to HAVE a bust in Canton one day than to BE a bust, but time will tell...

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I think he's more likely to HAVE a bust in Canton one day than to BE a bust, but time will tell...

That's quite the prediction for a grossly undersized defensive lineman...

Dude's gonna get swallowed up in the NFL, just watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I think they are trying to lure someone. I don’t see Beane giving up assets to the Jersey Jests though. If they actually take Oliver, then they are passing on either Quinnen or Bosa or Allen which is kind of whack 

I buy the report that the Jets are desperate to move back, they gave up picks last year - their GM has to win now and quickly and in a deep draft like this, they need as many players as they can get IMO

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just tweeted this to Sal, but...

First we hear from Matt Miller that the Bills love Ed Oliver. Then we hear that the Jets "badly" want to trade down. Then we hear that the Jets are taking Oliver. I know trades with division rivals are rare, but is it crazy to think the Jets are trying to lure the Bills into trading up for Oliver?

Bills have been connected to Oliver for a while now so probably a moot point, but I think it was Jeremiah that pegged Oliver at 3 earlier this week before Matt Miller’s report about Bills and Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I 100% believe everything I hear/see at this time of year. All of it. 

PM me! I want to tell you about my dying uncle. He lives in southern Africa. He is a Prince and has access to a ton of money.  All I need is your SS# but wouldn't want you to share it publicly. That aint safe!

Edited by fansince88
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Pretty good sample 

Donald is great, that doesn't mean the next guy who looks like him will be too.

Oliver's natural playing weight is going to be in the 270s, possibly even 260s. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he'll routinely be giving up 60-70 lbs on the guys across the LOS from him.

Count me out.

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Donald is great, that doesn't mean the next guy who looks like him will be too.

Oliver's natural playing weight is going to be in the 270s, possibly even 260s. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he'll routinely be giving up 60-70 lbs on the guys across the LOS from him.

Count me out.

I'm sure you mean well, but I gotta side with the experts on this one.  

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

I'm sure you mean well, but I gotta side with the experts on this one.  

It's not meaning well, it's what I'm seeing with my own eyes. Experts are wrong constantly.

Again, I get that I'm in the minority here, that's fine. 

• Like (+1) 1