Oh Gettleman

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Good call Kirbs. I definitely thought it was the clown show in Oakland. They weren't kidding either, Ferrell at 4 was a bit of a shock!

It had to be Gettleman. What a moron (Gruden too).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Gettleman is bad. That said I'd have gone that Duke QB over Haskins as well. Higher ceiling, Haskins feels like he'll be average at best. It's still a reach

But get your QB next year ole Gettleman. This isn't complicated.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I wanted them to take Simmons at 17. I thought that it would be hilarious if they picked twice in the top 17 and neither guy played a snap in 2019.

And to contrast, I thought the Redskins did very well. Coming away with Haskins without breaking the bank, and then the jump back up to snag Sweat.

• Like (+1) 1

If they really wanted a rb (and believe me Saquon is great already) and they need a franchise QB to replace Eli, what do you think would have been better? Take one of Rosen/Allen/Darnold and Josh Jacobs (probably would have traded back and added more picks going this route)? Or Barkley and Jones?  To me it's a no brainer, having a transcendent rb without a qb doesnt win super bowls.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And to contrast, I thought the Redskins did very well. Coming away with Haskins without breaking the bank, and then the jump back up to snag Sweat.

I disagree.  Haskins will struggle there - offensive line is just meh, Gruden might not last until 2020, front office is full of back-stabbers.  Sweat is a dog, I get the sense he lacks professionalism.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This may go down in history as one of the worst picks in a draft, ever.  Even highly touted QB’s are a huge 1st round risk and more often than not go bust.  A fourth round talent near the top of the draft?

......from a PFT poster......LMAO..............

oscarxray says:

Excellent pick. He can sit all this season and then a new GM can pick another QB in 2022.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I disagree.  Haskins will struggle there - offensive line is just meh, Gruden might not last until 2020, front office is full of back-stabbers.  Sweat is a dog, I get the sense he lacks professionalism.

I don't know how they'll be as pros, but I think the Redskins got good value for them. If they were truly looking at moving into the top 10 to get Haskins then getting him without moving is a win. Sweat was in freefall and they moved up to grab him where they felt the value outweighed the cost. It was a pair of moves I can respect regardless of outcome.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

To quote my man Bill Lumberg, "I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree."

It is much smarter to bust on a quarterback than it is to squander picks on players like Donte Whitner.  Selecting Jones raised a lot of eyebrows, but sadly we have seen WAY dumber moves.

C'mon, really. :)

Nope.  I know you and many others hated the Whitner pick but he was a legitimate starter and provided a benefit.  This is the dumbest pick I've ever seen -- you don't waste a #6 on a guy who may truthfully never be a competent starter in this league.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Nope.  I know you and many others hated the Whitner pick but he was a legitimate starter and provided a benefit.  This is the dumbest pick I've ever seen -- you don't waste a #6 on a guy who may truthfully never be a competent starter in this league.

Jones is a WAY worse pick than Whitner. Whitner was projected about 5 picks after where we took him and he became a pro bowl safety. Maybe he was overrated and not great but that pick isn’t even in the same universe as this one. Jones at 6 is so damn stupid.

Without this being too much of a “LAMP” I love that this thread is titled “Oh Gettleman” and filled with moronic quotes from him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I try not to overreact to a 1st qb but man, this guy seems like a disaster.  OBJ is an idiot but why do you sign him to take a cap hit?  Why do you let Collins walk and then trade for a player who is a lesser version of him?  Why do you take a qb #6 overall who could have been there in the 2nd or later?  Why not just trade a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen, who IMO would have been the 2nd QB in this class?  

A funny line line I heard was Jones looks like the guy cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about Peyton Manning.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Gettleman is bad. That said I'd have gone that Duke QB over Haskins as well. Higher ceiling, Haskins feels like he'll be average at best. It's still a reach

But get your QB next year ole Gettleman. This isn't complicated.

I have no idea how good Haskins will be in the nfl - no one does. but his ceiling? He threw 50 TDs and 5000 yards in his 1st season - he got better every week and played his best vs the best defenses in the biggest games. Daniel Jones played 3 seasons and threw for 52 TDs total. 

In three games against top 12 defenses (Washington, Mich St and Michigan), Haskins had a 10-0 TD-INT ratio. Against those same defenses other QBs had a 30-36 TD-INT ratio. In six games against Top 25 opponents this season, he threw 20 TDs (and just  2 INTs) for 1,987 yards and completed 66.2 pct. of his throws. He won them all, despite having an all-time trash defense and below average running game. 

maybe Jones has a high ceiling too. But Haskins is just getting started - that was just his first year!

• Like (+1) 1