Oh Gettleman

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Seriously? I thought that you were a Bills Fan lol!

I'm dead serious.  I don't typically do much research on draft picks, but Jones is a guy I've watched for several years since I live in Durham.  There is no way in H-E-L-L I think he should have been drafted in the 1st round, much less the top ten.  And then for Gettleman to say he could sit for three years?  I think that selection is soul-crushing for Giants fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

I'm dead serious.  I don't typically do much research on draft picks, but Jones is a guy I've watched for several years since I live in Durham.  There is no way in H-E-L-L I think he should have been drafted in the 1st round, much less the top ten.  And then for Gettleman to say he could sit for three years?  I think that selection is soul-crushing for Giants fans.

To quote my man Bill Lumberg, "I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree."

It is much smarter to bust on a quarterback than it is to squander picks on players like Donte Whitner.  Selecting Jones raised a lot of eyebrows, but sadly we have seen WAY dumber moves.

C'mon, really. :)

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

To quote my man Bill Lumberg, "I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree."

It is much smarter to bust on a quarterback than it is to squander picks on players like Donte Whitner.  Selecting Jones raised a lot of eyebrows, but sadly we have seen WAY dumber moves.

C'mon, really. :)

But when you factor in the stupidity of last year's draft - taking a running back at 2 in a QB-heavy draft where everyone knew that the 2019 crop of QBs was going to be a huge downgrade - he's a moron.  They could have Darnold throwing to OBJ with Josh Jacobs taking handoffs this year.  Gettleman is a clown show.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

But when you factor in the stupidity of last year's draft - taking a running back at 2 in a QB-heavy draft where everyone knew that the 2019 crop of QBs was going to be a huge downgrade - he's a moron.  They could have Darnold throwing to OBJ with Josh Jacobs taking handoffs this year.  Gettleman is a clown show.

Yes CT but he wasn't talking about that. I brought this up to my gf this morning who is a Giant Fan.

I was ONLY responding to e man about the Jones pick. If you think a guy is THE QB you want, draft him.

Imo we have all seen worse picks.