Oh Gettleman

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one: 

Absolutely no one:

Not even Daniel Jones’ mom:

NY Giants: Daniel Jones is the best QB in this draft 

Actually he has been very quietly moving into Top 10 consideration.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/2019-qb-countdown-why-daniel-jones-starting-garner-more-attention

Charley Casserly believes Jones has "the best anticipation and vision in the draft." NFL.com's Lance Zierlein notes Jones' "rare level of quality mechanics coming from the college game." ESPN's John Keim is fan of the passer's fearlessness in the pocket.

And he did quite well in both the Duke bowl game as well as the Senior bowl. Against a very decent Temple defense, he had a nice CFB line of 30-41for 423 yards, 5TDs and 2 INTs. And Gruden was impressed at the Senior Bowl.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817058-2019-nfl-draft-jon-gruden-praises-duke-qb-daniel-jones-meets-with-will-grier

From where I sit, I love it. All for wanting 4 QBs to go in the Top 8:)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Actually he has been very quietly moving into Top 10 consideration.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/2019-qb-countdown-why-daniel-jones-starting-garner-more-attention

And he did quite well in both the Duke bowl game as well as the Senior bowl. Against a very decent Temple defense, he had a nice CFB line of 30-41for 423 yards, 5TDs and 2 INTs. And Gruden was impressed at the Senior Bowl.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817058-2019-nfl-draft-jon-gruden-praises-duke-qb-daniel-jones-meets-with-will-grier

From where I sit, I love it. All for wanting 4 QBs to go in the Top 8:)

Thats great but no way in hell he’s the best QB in the draft 

This is super B.S season. It's all lies.  These are all leaks from teams maneuvering.  The only team that has showed some cards are Oakland.  They kicked our all their scouts til the draft.  They are trading up.  From where to who that's another thing.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nothing the Giants do makes sense.  They are the new Al Davis.  

How Gettleman is an NFL GM is mind blowing.

Giants will be picking defense at #6, not a QB. They may take a QB later, but Gettleman has said that Eli is still the guy to lead the Giants to 4-12. They aren't high on any of the higher ranked QBs this year.

Jones has been linked to the Pats though. Garoppolo has been the only QB BB has ever drafted to replace Brady. JG was pretty good in NE in those couple games before Kiko pile drove his shoulder into the turf. Still, who knows what BB will do next week?

23 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

What was your take on Josh Allen and Josh Rosen.

Gunner and I have occasioned to differ on draft prospects, but you're talking to a guy that had Dak rated as a 2nd rounder when the rest of the world called him a late day 3 guy.

He may not always be right, but he's well worth listening to IMO

Edited by thebandit27

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Gunner and I have occasioned to differ on draft prospects, but you're talking to a guy that had Dak rated as a 2nd rounder when the rest of the world called him a late day 3 guy.

I think that Gunner likes Deshaun Watson too :)

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh well. Maybe disregard everything I say then.

No.  Just making a point.  You actually do pretty well compared to most.  Im not high on any of these QBs.  I think Lock has potential.  I havent really put as much time into any of as I did last year.  Gettleman is a pretty good talent evaluator though.

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is actually pretty good at evaluating college talent but has always undervalued NFL talent.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No.  Just making a point.  You actually do pretty well compared to most.  Im not high on any of these QBs.  I think Lock has potential.  I havent really put as much time into any of as I did last year.  Gettleman is a pretty good talent evaluator though.

He is actually pretty good at evaluating college talent but has always undervalued NFL talent.

Gettleman has never drafted a QB. So we have no idea how good he is at evaluating the most difficult position in sports.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah I bust on Gunner a lot about Shaq but in general Gunner does a pro level job of evaluating prospects, IMO.

Nobody is anywhere close to perfect..........it's seeing the elite capability in a guy like DeShaun Watson that really pops out...........I know you were also that high on Mahomes even well before his last season at TT.   Great calls.

In years where I put extensive research in I've pounded the table to trade the farm to move up for Champ Bailey:thumbsup:................and Kellen Winslow Jr.?..............I had Aaron Donald as the top defensive player in 2014:thumbsup:..........and had Calvin Pryor as the second best.:doh:

The key to being "more" right is not offering evaluations on everyone;)...........that's how you get cherry picked for your mis-evaluations.

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone has an opinion. I don’t see Jones as a first round pick,nor a second.

Hes more into the third round category, BUT, QBs get over drafted all the time.

Gettlemans is not drafting Jones #6.

He’s likely drafting DL or OL. Gettlemans a dinosaur and that’s what dinosaurs do.

I too am a dinosaur, I believe in drafting OL and DL at the top of a draft, unless you can draft a potential franchise QB.

Next years crop of QBs are purported to be much better than this years, and I believe the Giants will be

in play for one of them next year. He’s taking the Bills route,let’s see if it pans out.

Edited by dlonce

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a 4th round talent. If he goes in the 1st round I am giving up. I have been writing up my QB notes today (post to come tomorrow) and seriously.... he is so limited. 

Out of curiosity, where did you have Josh Allen rated?

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Out of curiosity, where did you have Josh Allen rated?

I had a 3rd on Josh. He was too boom or bust for my tastes and I did worry about the inaccuracy. I have said since I totally missed on his legs and if I had seen his ability as a runner that would have lifted him into the 2nd because it allows a QB to move the chains on the ground and avoid having to force throws into tight windows early while they continue to develop as passers. I had a 2nd on Lamar Jackson for that reason. I always said Allen had the highest ceiling just a very slim chance of meeting it. I feel a lot better about him a year on. 

Someone asked for the link to my 2018 evals and I will dig them out at some point. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I had a 3rd on Josh. He was too boom or bust for my tastes and I did worry about the inaccuracy. I have said since I totally missed on his legs and if I had seen his ability as a runner that would have lifted him into the 2nd because it allows a QB to move the chains on the ground and avoid having to force throws into tight windows early while they continue to develop as passers. I had a 2nd on Lamar Jackson for that reason. I always said Allen had the highest ceiling just a very slim chance of meeting it. I feel a lot better about him a year on. 

Someone asked for the link to my 2018 evals and I will dig them out at some point. 

I think that a lot of us missed on his legs. I thought that he was mobile. It turns out he is an elite runner from the position and you are spot on as to the benefit. 3rd and 6 doesn’t need to be a throw into a keyhole. He can get out of the pocket, make a move and move the chains.

Your analysis this time of year is invaluable around here and consistently good. Thank you for the effort and opinions. It makes us all more informed come 5 days from now!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

...certainly is pretty sure of himself, I'd day.....

Dave Gettleman: I like my resume so far

Posted by Josh Alper on April 21, 2019, 9:46 AM EDT

Giants General Manager Dave Gettleman made the decisions to trade wide receiver Odell Beckham and not hold onto safety Landon Collins this offseason.

He’s heard the criticism of those moves and he’s heard doubts about his overall plan to build the team since he was hired in late 2017. It’s fair to say that Gettleman doesn’t think much of voices on the “outside looking in.”

Gettleman said he’s never seen a team win the Super Bowl with “a culture problem” and said that the Giants no longer have one as they head into the 2019 season. He said he’s been “intentional” with every move he’s made and pointed to his history as reason to believe he knows what he’s doing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/21/dave-gettleman-i-like-my-resume-so-far/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 4/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Read today’s MMQB. Gettleman is far from the worst GM in the league and probably a mentor for our current regime in some ways 

On 4/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, glazeduck said:

Big body, big arm. To some, that's all you need to see (not saying that's a good point, btw...)

That and NE does a great job in pass pro, been protecting a fairly immobile Brady for a while and has a different rulebook applied in regards to holding. Why I think Rosen would be a good fit there too.