Oh Gettleman

What a time to be alive.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a 4th round grade on Jones. That is still higher than I had on Peterman mind you. He was an UDFA to me. And that is not me being smart after the event. There is plenty of me saying that before he was a Bill. 

I’ll never forget asking Blokes pre-draft what he thought of Peterman. His response was a meme of the baby Stewie from Family Guy with a gun in his mouth. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What a time to be alive.

I’ll never forget asking Blokes pre-draft what he thought of Peterman. His response was a meme of the baby Stewie from Family Guy with a gun in his mouth. 

Yea Blokes's line to me about watching Peterman's tape was "it made me physically sick"

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a 4th round talent. If he goes in the 1st round I am giving up. I have been writing up my QB notes today (post to come tomorrow) and seriously.... he is so limited. 

serious question here. i'm not trying to be a jerk. 

didn't you have allen as a 3rd rounder when every name brand draftnik had him in the top of round 1? he very well may pan out. I would argue down the stretch he looked 100% deserving of pick #7 overall.

now you have a 4th on this kid while basically everyone we see on tv being paid to do this has him in the 1st.....

at what point does everyone else not have the problem here and maybe your evals need some tweaking? I only ask this because we aren't talking about a couple of picks. we are talking a HUGE difference between what you are seeing and what it seems everyone else under the sun paid to do it is seeing.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

didn't you have allen as a 3rd rounder when every name brand draftnik had him in the top of round 1? he very well may pan out. I would argue down the stretch he looked 100% deserving of pick #7 overall.

now you have a 4th on this kid while basically everyone we see on tv being paid to do this has him in the 1st.....

at what point does everyone else not have the problem here and maybe your evals need some tweaking? I only ask this because we aren't talking about a couple of picks. we are talking a HUGE difference between what you are seeing and what it seems everyone else under the sun paid to do it is seeing.

I did have a 3rd on Josh, yep. He might pan out. Fine. I still evaluate on what I see. My record speaks for itself there are more hits than misses. 

EDIT: also I dispute the idea that everyone had a 1st on Josh last year and everyone has a 1st on Jones this year. Josh was more of a consensus but there were folks who didn't like him as a first rounder even though they knew he would be one (as did I). Daniel Jones there is nothing even approaching a consensus on. I have seen him graded from the 1st to the 4th and everywhere in between. 

Edited by GunnerBill

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I did have a 3rd on Josh, yep. He might pan out. Fine. I still evaluate on what I see. My record speaks for itself there are more hits than misses. 

fair enough. its odd to me that one person sees ROUNDS of difference from others saying a guy is gonna go in the top ten. 

something there doesn't jive. I guess we'll know soon enough. 

I've personally never put in the work, so I don't hold the right to have a strong opinion one way or another for any of them.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

EDIT: also I dispute the idea that everyone had a 1st on Josh last year and everyone has a 1st on Jones this year. Josh was more of a consensus but there were folks who didn't like him as a first rounder even though they knew he would be one (as did I). Daniel Jones there is nothing even approaching a consensus on. I have seen him graded from the 1st to the 4th and everywhere in between. 

i'm painting in broad strokes. with allen he was basically regarded as a top 10 guy. there are always outliers, those are the ones i'm trying to understand. 

jones? I would say 90% of what I've seen is anywhere from borderline top 10 to early 2nd. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

fair enough. its odd to me that one person sees ROUNDS of difference from others saying a guy is gonna go in the top ten. 

something there doesn't jive. I guess we'll know soon enough. 

Oh I am not on about where I think a guy will go..... I am on about where I grade him. I always knew Josh Allen was going top 10. My final mock draft last year had him going to the Jets at #3. Mocking and grading are totally different exercises. 

I think Jones will go late first or early 2nd. Personally I think based on what he has put on film that is bonkers. And it should be said when I miss I normally miss on Josh Allen types. The phenomenal high ceiling lower floor guys because they are big risks. Jones isn't in that category. He has a pretty solid floor (he to me is a career NFL backup / occasional starter..... Josh McCown maybe) I just don't see his ceiling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a 4th round talent. If he goes in the 1st round I am giving up. I have been writing up my QB notes today (post to come tomorrow) and seriously.... he is so limited. 

Yes, yes, yes.  I live in Durham and watched this kid play.  He will be a clipboard holder at best in the NFL.

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to eat crow.

But I think the crows are safe.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, yes, yes.  I live in Durham and watched this kid play.  He will be a clipboard holder at best in the NFL.

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to eat crow.

But I think the crows are safe.

I feel like Jones has the potential to be this year’s Ryan Nassib - constantly mocked to the Bills at 8 due to QB need and ties to Marrone. Ended up 4th rd, where he should have gone, never started. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Just take mocks and grades from amateurs with a grain of salt. It's in fun, and nobody's job is at stake. The amount of information and time the guys who get paid to do it have available just isn't comparable to a non-professional. It's the difference between an occupation and a hobby.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Just take mocks and grades from amateurs with a grain of salt. It's in fun, and nobody's job is at stake. The amount of information and time the guys who get paid to do it have available just isn't comparable to a non-professional. It's the difference between an occupation and a hobby.

Indeed. And I never claim to be anything other than an amateur.