SNY Jets determined to trade down

48 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, one team recognizes that when you have a young QB who is in dire need of weapons, using your first pick on defense makes no sense, even if there are "generational" talents available.   This was entirely predictable, especially with the Jets lacking a second round pick.

If you can get a "generational" talent you take that player. Players like that only come around once in a generation ?

44 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Um, Kyle Williams retired and I have ZERO confidence in Jordan Phillips being able to replace him.  If Hughes continues to face double teams, and neither Lawson nor Yarbrough can take advantage of that, our pass rush is nonexistant.

Relax there buddy. Beane will add DL help through the draft. He has a plan since he knew for over a year that #95 was retiring.

It's not like last year's OL when Woods was forced to retire and Incognito suddenly went B@t $h!+ crazy

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i mean who's trading up for who this year? big trades are for qbs or big times wrs usually. not d lineman

McD prioritizes Interior DL pressure over edge. After QB pass rush/pressure is the next highest positional value

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/sources-jets-seem-determined-to-trade-down-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft/306414048

According to multiple NFL sources, the Jets seem "determined" to trade down in the first round of the NFL Draft, which begins on Thursday in Nashville. Jets GM Mike Maccagnan has made it clear several times that he's "open" to the idea, though he may be downplaying just how open to it he actually is.

"They seem to really, really want to move down," said one NFL executive. "Maybe they're just keeping their options open, but it sure seems like that No. 3 pick is for sale."

Would the Jets really trade with us?  I highly doubt it when that pick would be either Bosa or Josh Allen. 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That’s fine...Coach Gase will keep an eye on you!

we shall  see

about that

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Run D not good

neither is our run game

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, mannc said:

Well, one team recognizes that when you have a young QB who is in dire need of weapons, using your first pick on defense makes no sense, even if there are "generational" talents available.   This was entirely predictable, especially with the Jets lacking a second round pick.

How do you know if they have not picked yet?

19 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Roll the dice. If they have a strong conviction you go and get your guy. We are not going to have a top 5 pick next year...

The group of WRs coming out next year will be much better in 2020. I would hate to miss out on one to move up for a better DT.

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

What if it’s for Q. Williams?

Tempting.

For Q? Gun to my head, yes. He's about as close as to a sure thing as it gets. 

I'd still hate it though!

Edited by billsbackto81

First off I see no way Beane trades with a division rival in the 1st round.  No way.

Second, for sure the Jets want to trade down and pick up at least a second round pick (they don't have one).

I can't see a team wanting to move up that is between the Jets and Buffalo.

The QB (or teams that might draft QB) are not moving that far up IMO.

Buffalo has a better chance for those teams to deal with.

Everything QB wise depends on NYG's pick.

Of course, it's not 100% a done deal that ARZ goes with Murray.

Wouldn't that throw a wrench in the draft if the Cards pick Bosa!  LOL