Who had the most accurate mock drafts the last few years?

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Astro. Hands down.

He used to be one of our own, but got so good at it, he now has people PAYING him for his insights.

Ranks arot, Rastro..

He gets paid? Dean is a good guy but he is hardly infallible 

i figured the draftnik was for fun and volunteer... do admins get paid here?

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair I think they were planning on trading up higher with Denver but the Browns threw a wrench in it and Denver had someone they really wanted available when it got to them.

I believe it came out somewhere after the draft that the Bills did have a deal with the Broncos, but it was contingent on Denver's "guy" not being available. That guy was Bradley Chubb, obviously, since Denver stayed at 5 and also many expected Cleveland to take him, not Ward, at 4. The Bills obviously knew Allen wasn't going #6 to the Colts, so 7 was the new target

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He gets paid? Dean is a good guy but he is hardly infallible 

i figured the draftnik was for fun and volunteer... do admins get paid here?

Dean Kindig does Bills comments for Drafttek.  I assume there is some compensation for that work.  I've seen his name elsewhere too, but I can't recall where.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not last year it wasn't. @BuffaloHokie13 did pretty well last year as I recall. 

Last year was easily my worst since 2013. I had 4 exactly right and 11 teams with the correct position, but wrong player. 2017 I had 8 exactly right and 17 correct positions, 2016 I had 6 and 18, 2015 I had 10 exactly right with a ridiculous 19 correct team position selections - my best year by far.

EDIT: This was probably more impressive than my actual draft, considering we selected both and I posted it prior to our opening weekend against WVU.

On 8/31/2017 at 2:51 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Tremaine Edmunds (LB) and Wyatt Teller (G) are Hokies worth watching Sunday night

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Dean Kindig does Bills comments for Drafttek.  I assume there is some compensation for that work.  I've seen his name elsewhere too, but I can't recall where.

He self promotes himself all over Twitter...

drafttek, draftnik whatever lol I was close ... he was popular at all the Bills message boards for his training camp right ups

That would work.

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Matt Millen https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810100-2019-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-latest-rankings#slide1

has the following list.  We pick #9 and #41. The first 3 picks in his list will not make it to #9. I have in red what my targets would be. The top two QBs are in green and might take up spots before our #9 pick.    So 3 gray (gone), two green (QB gone) = 5 gone.  One of the red should make it to #9.

1.Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

2. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

3. Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

6. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

9. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

10.  Williams, OT, Alabama.

11. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

12. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

13. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

14. Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU

15. Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

16. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

17. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

18. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson

19. Dre'Mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

20. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

21. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State

22. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

23. Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia

24. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

25. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan 

26. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

27. Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

28. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

29. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

30. Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion 

31. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

32. D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

33. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State

34. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

35. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

36. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

37. A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

38. Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

39. Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

40. Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

41. Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson

42. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin

43. Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

44. Zach Allen, EDGE, Boston College

45. Kaden Smith, TE, Auburn

46. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

47. Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina State

48. David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State

49. Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

50. Gerald Willis, DL, Miami (Fla.)

That would work.  Except we need a stud OT.

Taylor at 38?

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

5 hours ago, MTLBills said:

The score is 1 point for getting a 1st rounder in the first round and 2 points for getting him with the right team.   Really the winner is how well you pick the 24- 32 draft picks.    But I haven't seen any other scoring system.   I would like to see it approached from a "big board".  Something like 3 points for hitting the draft slot, 2 points for being +/-2 slots and 1 point for being +/- 4 slots.  Also do that for the first 3 rounds of the actual draft.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe he works for Draftek, and writes for the Bills Mafia blog. 

Yeah, I used to like his training camp updates. I almost always hate his drafts. I feel like he’s the last guy to the party on people. Things move quickly in the offseason and he’s always like a month behind. 

Matt Miller and DJ are always good. We have a lot of people here that are strong as well (especially when it comes to the Bills). I’d much, much, much rather hear from Bandit, Gunner, Hokie, etc... regarding the Bills than MJD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

The guy that came out with 32 completely different mock drafts can always say he was right.

one is assuming the team's selection was the best one at the time, if one is judging mock drafts

that's a leap i could never in a million years make

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I used to like his training camp updates. I almost always hate his drafts. I feel like he’s the last guy to the party on people. Things move quickly in the offseason and he’s always like a month behind. 

Matt Miller and DJ are always good. We have a lot of people here that are strong as well (especially when it comes to the Bills). I’d much, much, much rather hear from Bandit, Gunner, Hokie, etc... regarding the Bills than MJD.

Isn't he Astro? Agree on your assessment. I very much like the training camp updates. Can't remember ever liking his drafts.

• Like (+1) 1