Gruden and Mayock sends scouts home!?!?

Dopey

I know this isn't Bills related, but Cowherd reports that Rappaport is saying Gruden and Mayock sent the scouts home til after the raft. Does't trust them?!?! Crazy!!

Edited by Dopey

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I know this isn't Bills related, but Cowherd reports that Rappaport is saying Gruden and Mayock sent the scouts home til after the raft. Does't trust them?!?! Crazy!!

This is normal. Scouts have already done all of their work at this point. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is normal. Scouts have already done all of their work at this point. 

Yea, but I found the quote by Rappaport that they don't trust the scouts to be strange. I don't tweet, so I don't have a tweet or link to put up. Saw it on Cowherd a few minutes ago

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yea, but I found the quote by Rappaport that they don't trust the scouts to be strange. I don't tweet, so I don't have a tweet or link to put up. Saw it on Cowherd a few minutes ago

There's speculation about the Raiders being very active on moving around the board and potentially trading up to 1 or 2.  If they don't trust any of the guys hired by the previous guy, there's no reason to have them in the building if they are working the phones all week.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

That's just adding some spice to the report to get clicks. 

Ah, here it is 

whose “belief” is he referring to? Because this is exactly the time scouts are normally sent home. And maybe that is part of it, but i wouldn’t say it is just a Raiders thing. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

There's speculation about the Raiders being very active on moving around the board and potentially trading up to 1 or 2.  If they don't trust any of the guys hired by the previous guy, there's no reason to have them in the building if they are working the phones all week.

Don’t need scouts if they are trading all their picks for Kyler ?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ah, here it is 

whose “belief” is he referring to? Because this is exactly the time scouts are normally sent home. And maybe that is part of it, but i wouldn’t say it is just a Raiders thing. 

Don't know who to trust?  Those people are professionals who want to do their jobs well and potentially advance or if they get fired be looked at as valuable in what they do by other teams so they would get re-hired. Do they really think they would not do their jobs properly or try to sabotage them and in the process commit what amounts to professional suicide??  They seem paranoid if this is what they really think.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

Don't know who to trust?  Those people are professionals who want to do their jobs well and potentially advance or if they get fired be looked at as valuable in what they do. Do they really think they would not do their jobs properly or try to sabotage them?  Seems paranoid if this is true.

Remember the Bills employee who showed the pic of the Bills QBs board last year and it got tweeted out? How about Leroi who blasted out info on this here site a few years ago and was right? I could see them wanting to keep the final info to a very very small circle. But, overwhelmingly, the reason they are sent home is because they are done with their work for the draft and no need for them to be there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Remember the Bills employee who showed the pic of the Bills QBs board last year and it got tweeted out? How about Leroi who blasted out info on this here site a few years ago and was right? I could see them wanting to keep the final info to a very very small circle. But, overwhelmingly, the reason they are sent home is because they are done with their work for the draft and no need for them to be there. 

OK...well that makes more sense...they are afraid of leaks not that they haven't actually done the scouting work properly.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

They’re a little cash-strapped in the FO...

Spent a lot of cash flying in QB cast offs from the NFL, CFL, and PP&K.  No money left for scouts and Mark Davis’ barber, so scouts go home.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Dopey fell for it!

At least you’re not Sleepy!

• Haha (+1) 2