Matt Miller says the Bills are targeting Ed Oliver at 9

HOUSE

10 hours ago, McBean said:

If Oliver and Hockensen are both there at 9, I’m taking Hock all day.

Give me a good TE, something we haven’t had in decades, over a DT.

I want points, because a lot of points wins games.

Right on! I'd honestly be happy with almost any position on offense over any defensive pick at this point. 

Having a stud TE could change the entire dynamic of this offense, and be the biggest help to Allen's development. Aside from having Brady, the Pats have shown just how much a great TE can dominate the game.  

But even if we were to grab an O-linemen or WR, I'd still take improving the #30th ranked offense over trying to bolster the #2 ranked defense any day. Especially when this year could make or break Allen, and after what we've invested in him already, we NEED him to succeed. This team and this regime's future depends on Allen not being a flop, so they should be doing everything possible to help him specifically.

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Right on! I'd honestly be happy with almost any position on offense over any defensive pick at this point. 

Having a stud TE could change the entire dynamic of this offense, and be the biggest help to Allen's development. Aside from having Brady, the Pats have shown just how much a great TE can dominate the game.  

But even if we were to grab an O-linemen or WR, I'd still take improving the #30th ranked offense over trying to bolster the #2 ranked defense any day. Especially when this year could make or break Allen, and after what we've invested in him already, we NEED him to succeed. This team and this regime's future depends on Allen not being a flop, so they should be doing everything possible to help him specifically.

There's no WR worth taking in the Top 10 to ever justify that selection. If Metcalf had production in college, could run the whole route tree and didn't have drop issues you could make an argument there, but he's red flag city right now so you can't. The risk is too great with the abundance of pass rushers that will be on the board.

If you're going to take a pass catcher you take one of the two TE's from Iowa. Offensive line is deep, so taking either Taylor or Dillard at Nine wouldn't be a problem either. 

22 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

One could argue that having an absolute dominant defense allows Josh a Allen more room to grow. Then he doesn’t have to stress about taking chances and learns to play without fear. Knowing that his next level defense is able to go and get him the ball back. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, BigDingus said:

Yes, please help bolster our weak defense! 

I mean, we have a whopping ONE WHOLE TEAM ahead of us in overall defensive ranking, that's embarrassing! 

Thankfully our offense is set, especially with our FA signings. And with only a measly 29 teams ranked ahead of us, there's hardly room for improvement. Josh Allen already silenced all his critics, so there's really nothing left our offense needs to do but deliver us the Lombardi trophy & seal the deal.

And with Ed Oliver anchoring the defense, the offense can rest comfortably knowing their efforts won't be in vein anymore.

Have you noticed the FA signings?

like someone else mentioned, i think the bucs spot is where we'd have to be to insure we get oliver.  then again, dt is a need for them also,(maybe not the biggest),

but if they let mc coy walk then it's a different story.  i've said this a lot before but shaq lawson could be a trade asset that allows a move like this without giving up high picks this year.

so, if we sent shaq, a later rd. pick this year and mid rounder next, i'd pull the trigger. we can get an edge in this draft somewhere (preferably in the 2nd or 3rd, or in a move up).

i don't see any reason to keep and pay shaq as a 2 down edge setter.  murphy should be healthy and looking to make a come back and we can always slide lorax up to the line.....

plus hopefully have picked a good prospect to be the future there.

21 hours ago, McBean said:

If Oliver and Hockensen are both there at 9, I’m taking Hock all day.

Give me a good TE, something we haven’t had in decades, over a DT.

I want points, because a lot of points wins games.

Remember last year Galko saying the Bills were “in love” with Josh Rosen?

These dudes don’t know crap. We know more than they do.

It is not true that "all lot of points wins games".   Scoring more points than the other team is how you win games.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It is not true that "all lot of points wins games".   Scoring more points than the other team is how you win games.

Exactly, and the better your defense is, the easier it is for you.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting... I think there are definitely more than 8 non-QB players in this draft worthy of the 9th pick and would not trade down. You hope this is the last time they pick in the top 10 for awhile and you already have 10 picks and not a lot of roster spots. Unless it’s to trade down for a current player like Clark or Clowney, just stay at 9 and pick the best guy on the board. Imo 

This is the only scenario I’d trade down for, and take Noah Fant with that pick. But, I really hope we stay at 9 or trade up to secure Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Let the propaganda begin!! Let’s get Oliver to slip to 9. Start digging through Twitter!! 

I am 100% certain this is our guy - it's about finding a trade partner that is palatable. TB, NYG are my targets