Matt Miller says the Bills are targeting Ed Oliver at 9

HOUSE

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Apparently we need to lock him in a room with SI's Gary Gramling (whoever that is) who said we are targeting DK Metcalf, and let them fight it out.

I'd actually be happy with either one of them, though I prefer Oliver.

I believe this.

I also believe that a team before 9 will take him before the Bills have a chance.

The Bills could be looking at a scenario where Bosa, Allen, Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, and TJ Hockenson are all off the board. Offensive line or Montez Sweat might be the only way to go at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe this.

I also believe that a team before 9 will take him before the Bills have a chance.

The Bills could be looking at a scenario where Bosa, Allen, Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, and TJ Hockenson are all off the board. Offensive line or Montez Sweat might be the only way to go at that point.

Devin White 

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe this.

I don’t think they will take Sweat. Maybe he’s grown up since then but I’m sure they know about his departure from Sparty. Can’t see McD making him his showcase pick of the draft. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I say this every year: Miller is a good talent evaluator, but he doesn't have reliable draft info.

He's likely just reading tea leaves here...and he may end up being right, but don't put any additional emphasis on this tidbit is all I'm saying 

5 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

I'll need it tomorrow. But will happily send it to him. Got an address?

I think if you just send it to the University of Houston, addressed to him it should work. He doesnt even need to get it, just write Gas Mask for Ed Oliver in big letters all over the package. The rest should take care of itself. Maybe sprinkle some weed in there to remove any doubt as to what it is for.

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I think if you just send it to the University of Houston, addressed to him it should work. He doesnt even need to get it, just write Gas Mask for Ed Oliver in big letters all over the package. The rest should take care of itself. Maybe sprinkle some weed in there to remove any doubt as to what it is for.

Dont worry it'll have an healthy aroma coming off of it

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really surprised everyone is taking the bait here.

At best this is Miller grasping at straws, at worst its false info leaking during "lying season". If anything, I think it's damning evidence against the likelihood of Oliver to the Bills...

To me, more interesting would be who are the players who haven't been linked to Buffalo by "sources"? Off the top of my head... Taylor, Sweat, Q. Williams, either LB... 

Oliver's solidified his Top 5 status. Can't see anyway he drops to us now. I'm guessing their second choice is T.J. Hockenson but it sounds like the Lions are in love with him. We're probably down to our 3rd choice Jonah Williams and he might not make it past the Giants/Jags. 

I hope a trade up is in the works for Ed Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

Must be true.. Nobody lies leading up to the draft

Just now, glazeduck said:

Really surprised everyone is taking the bait here.

At best this is Miller grasping at straws, at worst its false info leaking during "lying season". If anything, I think it's damning evidence against the likelihood of Oliver to the Bills...

To me, more interesting would be who are the players who haven't been linked to Buffalo by "sources"? Off the top of my head... Taylor, Sweat, Q. Williams, either LB... 

People on here believe everything they read online.. Kinda sad

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe this.

Jawan Taylor then. 

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Starting to hear that he won’t, which matches up with where his stock was before all the pre-draft crap. 

I agree with you.  I think he is one of the top five prospects.  We need about 5 GM's to completely whiff on their picks so that he can drop to #9.  I don't expect that to happen.

I'd be very surprised. I don't think he's a Beane/McDermott type of guy. 

1) The public dust up he had with HC Major Applewhite. Not totally blaming Oliver, but a team rule is a team rule regardless of who you are.

2) Reports are that his family had him sit out, with fake injuries, games because they wanted to "protect their investment". Do you want a "me" guy or a "we" guy. I'd be curious to know the story about him having a knee injury but was jumping, catching footballs before the game.

3) Have a feeling that the Bills have something working with the Falcons. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/102951/Contents/Ed-Oliver-vs-Applewhite-124790381/

Edited by the skycap