Boring Draft

I’m excited, we have a ton of draft picks which means we’ll be in the market to wheel and deal. Whether that means up the board or down. There’s a lot of really good players to be had in the first three rounds and this will probably be one of the few years where I stick around past the second.

Should be exciting but in a different way that last year.  2018 was all about getting a QB  2019 is all about leveraging those 10 picks into hopefully the best shot at 3 impact players  At least that is what I hope Beane will try and achieve.   They have lots of options and picks this year so I expect a lot of activity with moves up and down

5 hours ago, quincy said:

I have a feeling that Beane will go DT DE OT TE RB with the first five picks

Oliver or Wilkins in the first (Easter prayers for Q. Williams to somehow become a Buffalo Bill )

Polite or Winovich or J. Ferguson or Z. Allen is the second

Someone like Deiter or D. Edwards or T. Howard or in the third 

I hope they draft a kicker in round 6 or 7 - C. Tracy or M. Gay.

i would be ecstatic with this happening rds. 1-3!

i would add mike mc coy center to this mix as insurance for morse. then we can cut and save money from keeping a backup....or 2.

aside from last year's draft, this is the most exciting one i can remember (overall). been a fan since 1973.

we have never seen a front office do what they did in free agency which is what makes this draft so great. these cats know what they're doing and while i'm sure they'll do things we never saw coming, i bet they're gonna knock it out of the park.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 4/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, billsherd said:

Yes I feel the same way. I debated if I should make time to watch the draft on Thursday or go do something else. This may have something to do with we are not drafting a qb in first round. 

Do something else.....like tinker in the workshop?

On 4/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, GreggTX said:

If we get a great DT, a solid OT and 1 more surprise in the late rounds or UDFA at RB or LB or TE, I'll call this a good draft. Beane needs to nail the top 2 picks. I'm not impressed with what he did in the 1st round drafting the 4th best QB at 7 and trading up for a LB when better LB's were still available. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

Oh and draft a punter. We could use a solid upgrade there to really top off this offseason.

I'm thrilled with what he did last year.  Time will tell. 

I agree about DT and OT, buys who will start or play a lot this year.  I'd like two more eventual starters out of the seven rounds.   Four total starters is about as much as we can reasonably expect; once you get beyond four, you're talking about an exceptional draft. 

Now that Qb and MLB are settled, I've gone back to my fall back view about the draft, which is that you have keep working on the o line and d line.   Get studs for the lines, and the rest will fall into place. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm excited for the draft in this way.  I want to see Beane do what I expect.

That is to say he will add a minimum of 4 players that will help this team a lot.

A big hit later in the draft would be icing on the cake.

They can be in any of the perceived areas of need as far as I'm concerned,  and it will create more competition and result

in a better team.

There are going to be complaints about the positions/players picked in each of the rounds but in the long

run I want him to "methodically" go through "his" board and improve this team.

Any position needs not covered to his liking in the draft will be addressed with some of the 30+ million he still

has to work with.

I have high hopes that the Bills field a vastly improved team in September.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm thrilled with what he did last year.  Time will tell. 

I agree about DT and OT, buys who will start or play a lot this year.  I'd like two more eventual starters out of the seven rounds.   Four total starters is about as much as we can reasonably expect; once you get beyond four, you're talking about an exceptional draft. 

Now that Qb and MLB are settled, I've gone back to my fall back view about the draft, which is that you have keep working on the o line and d line.   Get studs for the lines, and the rest will fall into place. 

I agree. I'd like....

DT      preferably Oliver

EDGE     BPA   ( I will be happy with whatever pairing they decide on. )

RISNER    RT

STERNEBRGER     TE

MIKE MCCOY    CENTER ( I think this guy is gonna be better than Eric Wood and God forbid if Morse sees those floating stars, we are fine.)

and....if they can get Isabella and Bryce Love later on....YUM!!!!

That's 7 out of 10 picks and would be the draft of the century! 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm over all the pre draft hype i think there is just so much saturation of all the people entering the draft mixed with the fact that there isn't a lot of top tier talent that they keep going over & over the same guys i just can't wait for the draft to get here so we can see what kind of magic Beane has up his sleeve !! 

• Thank you (+1) 1