10 draft picks - Gotta trade up

40% of Buffalo's current roster is occupied by unrestricted free agents.  Very few are draft picks as a result of McBeane's near-erasing of the Whaley and previous eras combined with some retirements.

This is more a team built in free agency (see the OL) than in the draft...for now.  Trading up is something Buffalo's done 4 times in 2 drafts, which could be the reason people expect it for the third year in a row.  

Then again, there isn't a 1st or 2nd round pick they've made the past 2 drafts where they say and used their pick.  Tre, Zay, Dawkins, Allen, and Edmunds were all guys they moved around for. 

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I have said this before so I will say it again I see 2 Firsts and 2 Seconds. 9, 28-31 is where I see first round picks.

I agree.  We signed a LOT of players that we are paying like we expect will be on the 53 man roster.  I just don't see us keeping 10 picks in order to keep 5 on the roster.  I think we trade up a few times this draft.

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would just like to see a boring draft 1st round where we stand at 9 and pick......Oliver or Hockinson for me

After that......anything goes

Oliver/OT/ then maybe Hock is Beane think his is worth the risk.

59 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

For those that believe that the Bills’ 10 picks in 2019 constitute a bounty of draft capital, please note that their extra picks are in the 4th - 7th rounds.

Have a look at this list of picks - not a high success rate in those late rounds: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=0610&type=team

So where is the trade value?

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would just like to see a boring draft 1st round where we stand at 9 and pick......Oliver or Hockinson for me

That's what I'm thinking too.  Have no problem bundling picks to move up but the price in the 1st round isn't worth it. We have a lot of picks in rounds 4 - 7.  I can see moving up into the 2nd or 3rd

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Someone is gonna take Hock shortly after us if we do not take him.....

and yes....i think Hock is gonna be special

I'm not talking about Hock and where he might go.

I just said what I think Beane will do next Thursday.  We will see.

Edited by ColoradoBills

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why get a tight end at #9?   There have been a very few big difference makers at TE.    Think of this.   At best they get 10 passes a game in their direction. The rest of the time they are a blocker, which you get get a great blocker in the 4th round.

Huh, so like the last guy who started a thread on this a week ago..... your message is.... we have too MANY picks?! Jesus we need some new material. At the very least id settle for posters who - if they dint read the board daily - utilized the search function. Then i wouldnt have to female dog as much, and people wouldnt have to female dog me for female dogging too much and the OP wouldnt get bent out of shape when the conversation they sought after doesn't materialize and man... what a wonderful world that would be! 

TL/DR STOP BEING A LAZY POSTER lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Why get a tight end at #9?   There have been a very few big difference makers at TE.    Think of this.   At best they get 10 passes a game in their direction. The rest of the time they are a blocker, which you get get a great blocker in the 4th round.

Because he isnt every TE......this guy has special talent.....and would never have to leave the field

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because he isnt every TE......this guy has special talent.....and would never have to leave the field

To be fair there was a giant group of bills fans who felt the same way the year so many wanted to draft Ebron, who is top 15ish tight end but certainly not a top 10 kinda guy. 

Tight end is a very hard position to talk so confidently as a sure fire hit in the draft. 

I’m not against taking him but there’s a high chance he’s nowhere near as good as people make him out to be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Huh, so like the last guy who started a thread on this a week ago..... your message is.... we have too MANY picks?! Jesus we need some new material. At the very least id settle for posters who - if they dint read the board daily - utilized the search function. Then i wouldnt have to female dog as much, and people wouldnt have to female dog me for female dogging too much and the OP wouldnt get bent out of shape when the conversation they sought after doesn't materialize and man... what a wonderful world that would be! 

TL/DR STOP BEING A LAZY POSTER lol. 

Or you could just, like, ignore the thread and move on.  Why does this make you so mad?  Now quit being a little female dog...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1