D&C's Roth Serves Up 9-7 Prediction With Playoffs

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Based on roster construction, I fully agree. I'd be fine with 9-7 with a playoff spot.

Overall though, I don't feel like that should be viewed as a major victory for the regime when you look around the league.

Not a major victory, but progress. I feel like this regime is competent, which is sadly the best we’ve had in a long time. But I’m holding out hope that McBeane are good. This season will provide a lot of evidence, one way or the other. A step forward after decimating the roster to clean house would be a welcome sign.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a WHAT??....Harbaugh was smart inking his extension quickly with their QB eggs in Jackson's basket IMO.....strictly opinion, but Watson kid is similar in style and despite being a project, FAR more polished than Jackson......

Desean Watson? His style is nothing like Lamar Jackson. Zero similarity except same color and can run... watson is a pass first qb with great accuracy. Jackson is a one truck pony. He runs...well.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Ravens will be lucky to win 6 games. Their front seven is ravaged and they have absolutely nothing at wideout. Put eight in the box and I'll dare Lamar Jackson to beat me with his arm all day. I'd be surprised if we aren't favourites in that game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, 1ManRaid said:

We earned our WC the other year.  It isn't invalidated just because one of the games that went our way was in dramatic fashion in week 17.  It counts the same as the hundred other games through the season that affected our standing.

How would a 9-7 record this year be more earned than a 9-7 record two years ago?

Meh, the Bills not showing up for the playoff game doesn’t help your righteous cause there...

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Meh, the Bills not showing up for the playoff game doesn’t help your righteous cause there...

"Righteous cause"?  It's a basic statistical fact.  Week 17 games are no more important than week 1.  Asserting an objective truth is kind of the exact opposite of a righteous cause...

But please, do tell me how a 9-7 one year is more "earned" than any other year with an identical record.  Did we benefit from teams forfeiting games just to help get us in?  Was there a "just let the Bills in already" special exception tie-breaker?  Educate me.  I could maybe buy the argument if we got like multiple games in a row at the end against teams resting starters in some fluke of scheduling, but no.

• Like (+1) 1