Away Game Roll Call 2019

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Just booked my room near Vandy in Nashville. Easy to walk to places, short Uber into town or the Gulch. Cheaper (and smarter!) than driving downtown and parking. 

My group is also staying near the Vandy campus. It was considerably cheaper than anything directly downtown

Just now, JM57 said:

My group is also staying near the Vandy campus. It was considerably cheaper than anything directly downtown

Absolutely! Despite several big, beautiful new hotels opening, downtown is still VERY pricey. Near Vandy has plenty of cool places to eat and drink that you can walk to. Uber is only $10-15 into town as long as you don’t get surge pricing. Downtown parking is often around $12 for just the first hour. What a deal! 

Down around Broadway is cool for a while, but I prefer some of the surrounding areas unless you crave just the country music scene. Nashville is so much more. I really like that town. Try the Gulch and 12 South and some of the other cool areas. 

My wife will be there during draft weekend (for a funeral, unfortunately), and she said the decent places were around $500/night! I hear they are expecting around 100k people. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:45 PM, Chicharito said:

I’m very disappointed in many of my fellow members for saying they are going to New York for jets and giants games! No your going to New Jersey!

Depends where they’re flying into or staying, I suppose.  In other words, the same scam the Jests and Giants have been pulling on the rest of us for years.  Let’s just hope Andrew Cuomo doesn’t demand the Bills be rebranded the ‘New York Bills’, since they are New York State’s only NFL team.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Depends where they’re flying into or staying, I suppose.  In other words, the same scam the Jests and Giants have been pulling on the rest of us for years.  Let’s just hope Andrew Cuomo doesn’t demand the Bills be rebranded the ‘New York Bills’, since they are New York State’s only NFL team.

Sort of like when he pulled that ish with UB? I think they were called state university of New York at Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be in Nashville. What's the best strategy on getting tickets?  Do you guys usually buy early (Titans have single game tickets available in the upper deck as someone mentioned above) or wait til closer to the date via the online broker sites hoping for price drops on lower bowl seats?

On 4/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, LabattBlue said:

Anyone have luck with a decent airfare from Buffalo to Nashville.  Prices seem to be crazy, and the alternative is an 11 hour drive.  Really want to attend, but not looking to break the bank, or take a long drive for a 3 or 4 day trip.

No direct flights so that blows. That' why we changed the trip to Cleveland instead

On 4/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, LabattBlue said:

Anyone have luck with a decent airfare from Buffalo to Nashville.  Prices seem to be crazy, and the alternative is an 11 hour drive.  Really want to attend, but not looking to break the bank, or take a long drive for a 3 or 4 day trip.

Still under $400 out of Rochester, one-connection - doesn't seem to bad.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, Augie said:

My wife will be there during draft weekend (for a funeral, unfortunately), and she said the decent places were around $500/night! I hear they are expecting around 100k people. 

Info for others for game weekend 10/5-7. I found a nice Airbnb private apt for 2 near Vandy for game weekend at $199/nite. 

3 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Info for others for game weekend 10/5-7. I found a nice Airbnb private apt for 2 near Vandy for game weekend at $199/nite. 

That’s a great location, BTW.  Non-surge Uber pricing is only about $10 into town, cheaper than parking. There are also plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walk. 

I’m staying at one of the Hampton Inn’s there and paid more than that for a hotel room. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s a great location, BTW.  Non-surge Uber pricing is only about $10 into town, cheaper than parking. There are also plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walk. 

I’m staying at one of the Hampton Inn’s there and paid more than that for a hotel room. 

My nug and his gal will be in Nashville via Morrisville,NC.Hopefully you can find the time to meet them at your TG.Their good people..

• Like (+1) 1