Thanksgiving Game Traditions: Buffalo Edition

I know we haven't played on Turkey day since 1994 but I'm sure most of you have your gameday routines (besides the obvious) while watching the other games on Thanksgiving.  Not only are the Bills playing this Thanksgiving but it's also at detestable Dallas, my 2nd most hated team.  I've been living up here in SW Washington state and usually go to a coworker's place down in Oregon for Thanksgiving where my family and his will make a brined and smoked (on a Traeger) turkey while I usually make a brined and fried turkey.  Not this year.  Because of the game this year, it's gonna be, turkey wings!  I wonder if I should leave the carrots and celery whole, to match the size of the wings?   ?

21479268_10154960998531727_2457078071950311424_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My SIL cooks. We could be eating almost anything during the game and I wouldn't care because I'm not the one that had to cook it.

Saying that, the turkey legs idea is fabulous! My mother is most unhappy when we are watching football before and after dinner (little does she know this year it will be during too). The turkey legs, bleu cheese, celery and carrots for dinner might just push her over the edge. I'm gonna suggest to my brother and SIL that we do it!  ?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My SIL cooks. We could be eating almost anything during the game and I wouldn't care because I'm not the one that had to cook it.

Saying that, the turkey legs idea is fabulous! My mother is most unhappy when we are watching football before and after dinner (little does she know this year it will be during too). The turkey legs, bleu cheese, celery and carrots for dinner might just push her over the edge. I'm gonna suggest to my brother and SIL that we do it!  ?

Rabble Rouser.

• Haha (+1) 2

We will be hosting again this year. 

Tradition #1) My wife will cook. It’s her thing and other than repeating the meal at Christmas, it may be the only meal she prepares all year. It makes my BIL visibly uncomfortable that he cannot take over and control everything. Pretty funny!

Tradition #2) Someone will say “remember the year Jennifer (my niece) tried to turn off the TV during the game?” and we will all laugh, and laugh, and laugh......

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

VEGAS!!!

Here’s $5.  On the Bills to be ‘over’ projected wins.  

”Oooh, Mr. Big Bucks!  What did ya do, rob a bank?”  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Don’t worry. Some shmuck will bet $5000...
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

We will be hosting again this year. 

Tradition #1) My wife will cook. It’s her thing and other than repeating the meal at Christmas, it may be the only meal she prepares all year. It makes my BIL visibly uncomfortable that he cannot take over and control everything. Pretty funny!

Tradition #2) Someone will say “remember the year Jennifer (my niece) tried to turn off the TV during the game?” and we will all laugh, and laugh, and laugh......

And Jennifer will reply, “remember last year when Uncle Angie got real drunk in Appleton?”.......and dead silence will take over.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

And Jennifer will reply, “remember last year when Uncle Angie got real drunk in Appleton?”.......and dead silence will take over.

I’ll stand up and say “no, not really.....can’t say that I do!” 

• Haha (+1) 1