The only thing more useless than mock drafts, looking back a year to do the draft over. Yet the NFL site publishes this.

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Because they need a QB, and Darnold was one of the best in a pretty darn strong QB class.  I’m not a big fan of taking RB’s early.  Especially in the first 15-20 picks of the first round.  JMO.

I would bet money if the Giants took at QB at 2 instead of Saquan, the QB would be Allen not Darnold.  

38 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Lamar Jackson at 12..... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ::gasps for air: aaahahahahahaha

Especially since all reports show that the next guy on Bills Board was actually Mason Rudolph, not Lamar.  Mason would have been the pick at 12 if this draft fell this way.  Thank god it didnt.  

• Like (+1) 3

Want to know whats more useless than these look back do overs?  The articles telling everyone who screwed up, who sucks, who will be a stud, etc all before they step on the field.  Like this one on just the QB's...lol what a crock of crap.  Baker was ranked 6th of all the QB's hahahaha.  Rosen 2nd?  hahahahaha.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-the-first-six-qbs-taken-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-by-their-chances-of-success/

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think you’re probably correct.

I think the Giants are dumb enough to still take Barkley in a do over.  

But coming out of last year, there is a lot more buzz about Allen and his future than Darnold.  In fact, while Darnold did fine for a rookie (should say about as expected), he didn't really do anything to give anyone any more security in his future.  He displayed all the same traits that were the red flags coming into the draft.  Allen on the other hand, not only exceeded expectations, but made very significant strides over the course of the season while also putting many WOW moments on tape.  Neither is a lock for anything right now, but I just think there is a little more excitement around Allen given his ceiling is about as how as any player could have and showed quite a bit of growth in a short period of time.  

Last year, it was split on who should be ranked higher...Darnold or Allen, and most likely the split would favor Darnold.  In a redraft, I bet NFL GM's would still be split, however I think the split would swing to the other side and favor Allen after the 2018 season.     

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think the Giants are dumb enough to still take Barkley in a do over.  

But coming out of last year, there is a lot more buzz about Allen and his future than Darnold.  In fact, while Darnold did fine for a rookie (should say about as expected), he didn't really do anything to give anyone any more security in his future.  He displayed all the same traits that were the red flags coming into the draft.  Allen on the other hand, not only exceeded expectations, but made very significant strides over the course of the season while also putting many WOW moments on tape.  Neither is a lock for anything right now, but I just think there is a little more excitement around Allen given his ceiling is about as how as any player could have and showed quite a bit of growth in a short period of time.  

Last year, it was split on who should be ranked higher...Darnold or Allen, and most likely the split would favor Darnold.  In a redraft, I bet NFL GM's would still be split, however I think the split would swing to the other side and favor Allen after the 2018 season.     

Allen has to figure out the easy throws - and just generally get better about taking what teams give him.  His pocket awareness improved a lot as the season went along, and he seemed to be making more good throws.  He just needs to get those easy throws to shady/zay out with better timing and to the right spot.  

Darnold showed some improvement in similar areas, but it was less drastic.  Allen was getting killed back there before the injury and was much better after.  Darnold was better from the start in the pocket so the improvement won't be as huge.  He had some nice games and some not so nice - but i thought he looked the part against Buffalo and he only had 170 1/1.  

Both should anticipate having pretty big years this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with all this.  That’s why I think it would still be split on Allen or Darnold on a redraft, but I just suspect Allen turned more heads more often and may nudge his way into more favoring him now as opposed to predeaft it was most likely more would have favored Darnold.

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Compliment :)

Yeah, that kind of how I see it.  If somebody thinks ye's a fair value for a QB needy team at #5, I guess I can feel pretty good that my Bills got him where they did, and didn't have to settle for Lamar Jackson, who went much later in the actual draft.  I feel real good that the receiver Buffalo signed as a UDFA is a first round pick in the redo.  Talke about a bargain signing. . .

• Like (+1) 1

Who is this Edwards guy the Titans took.?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with all this.  That’s why I think it would still be split on Allen or Darnold on a redraft, but I just suspect Allen turned more heads more often and may nudge his way into more favoring him now as opposed to predeaft it was most likely more would have favored Darnold.

Are you saying someone lost their hearing over the cheers for Allens performance.?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Especially since all reports show that the next guy on Bills Board was actually Mason Rudolph, not Lamar.  Mason would have been the pick at 12 if this draft fell this way.  Thank god it didnt.  

If that's the case they would have traded down, surely.

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm with the OP.

I pay scant attention to mock drafts.  They're more wrong than right.  I prefer real facts over wild speculation and wait until the actual draft to get excited.

I care nothing about do-over mocks.  

With all this mental m*st*rb*tion going on, this is my least favorite time of the football year.  

I think most casual fans see these as a good chance to get to know who is out there and what various teams may need (or after the fact how other players did). 

I don’t think most are looking at it as insider facts- just a fun way to get the cliff notes of the league  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm with the OP.

I pay scant attention to mock drafts.  They're more wrong than right.  I prefer real facts over wild speculation and wait until the actual draft to get excited.

I care nothing about do-over mocks.  

With all this mental m*st*rb*tion going on, this is my least favorite time of the football year.  

Gettin' off is gettin' off.:thumbsup:

I tailgate with about 20 die-hard Bills fans that would think it was batsh*t crazy that someone had over 6,000 posts on a Bills fan site.  

What is that accomplishing?   Amirite?:flirt:

The level of one's investments in their hobby is vary greatly.

Some of us follow COLLEGE recruiting.........years prior to those players being draft eligible..........it's all about how much you want to know about your hobby.

It is absolutely amazing the appetite for draft info.     The NFL network could do a two hour mock drafts EVERY night for a month prior to the draft and get higher ratings than NBA playoff games.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1