How do we pass NE this season?

29 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

How do we BECOME FAVORITES going into the NE games this year? This is the question of this thread. I’m not asking if we are on the right course with our franchise, or if we have a chance vs NE this year, I believe both of those are a “yes”, but I surely wouldn’t bet on the Bills straight-up. So, would you bet on the Bills vs Pats this year, straight-up? 

If not, than we’re to the subject of this thread. What would you add (or subtract) from ONLY OUR ROSTER before the opener, to tip this in our favor?

Barring an injury to Brady or a complete collapse of the Patriots around him, the Bills cannot be a favorite going into either game against the Pats this year. There's just too much history of failure against them for anyone to expect the Bills to beat the Pats.

For instance, in their first meeting in 2019, even if the Bills come into the game 3-0 and the Pats are, say, 1-2, the Bills will not be favored. 

Better find a way to stop the run, they ran at will the last game. Even their wide receivers were jet sweeping us to death. Need Milano back, improved play from Edmunds and defensive tackles who can get off of blocks. Oliver, Q Williams or the Clemson DT become instantly more appealing after watching that All 22. Or learn to outscore them.      

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Allen posts an historic level season , Brady’s age starts to show with a major injury and missed time. That’s about it. Heck, even Mahomes’ amazing year in 2018 wasn’t enough to cover up KCs defensive deficiencies in two contests vs NE. I’m afraid the realistic answer is it doesn’t happen until Brady is done. 

10 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

Better find a way to stop the run, they ran at will the last game. Even their wide receivers were jet sweeping us to death. Need Milano back, improved play from Edmunds and defensive tackles who can get off of blocks. Oliver, Q Williams or the Clemson DT become instantly more appealing after watching that All 22. Or learn to outscore them.      

Yes...right on. However, Our current personal is not up to the task.  We have no one that has proven to penetrate that offensive line on a consistent basis. We should be using New England as a standard on how we draft defensively. They neutralized Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl...washed him out.

Edited by Rocket94

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes...right on. However, Our current personal is not up to the task.  We have no one that has proven to penetrate that offensive line on a consistent basis. We should be using New England as a standard on how we draft defensively. They neutralized Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl...washed him out.

What did NE score in the SB. 13 points? The Rams D was fine, their QB was exposed by CHI and PHL. Use the Rams or CHI as a standard on defensive drafting, not the Pats. Goff makes 3 decent throws and the Rams are champs. Heck, a healthy Gurley may have done it. 

16 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

Yes...right on. However, Our current personal is not up to the task.  We have no one that has proved to penetrate that offensive line on a consistent basis. We should be using New England as a standard on how we draft defensively. They neutralized Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl...washed him out. I also agree with the Bears and Rams defenses. I would mirror both...I hope the Bills do.

The other thing is-Brady is great and in fantastic condition but nobody has ever played NFL QB at a high level at 42 years old-there is no guarantee that he will be able to do it-because he has stretched out the longevity thing so far when he goes it will probably be very sudden.

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Win the battles at the lines of scrimmage and not get out coached. 

Yes...but the Bills current DL consistently displays an inability to do this. They are simply not talented enough.

Take Brady out ?

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Josh Allen posts an historic level season , Brady’s age starts to show with a major injury and missed time. That’s about it. Heck, even Mahomes’ amazing year in 2018 wasn’t enough to cover up KCs defensive deficiencies in two contests vs NE. I’m afraid the realistic answer is it doesn’t happen until Brady is done. 

KC doesn’t line up Offside they win- typical NE but they just dont make many mistakes