How do we pass NE this season?

After listening to the Howard Picks the Bills segment on WGR this morning, and they (completely reasonably) refuse to pick the Bills over the Pats as long as Brady is there. So, this got me thinking. What has to happen TO OUR TEAM (so no NE plane crashes) through the draft, June 1st vet cuts/trades, etc, for the Bills to conceivably PASS the Pats this year, with TB12 still there on their team? 

I will I’ll take a shot at it.

In my eyes, using what I’ve seen as a possibility, though not probable, in doing about a dozen mock drafts over the last week on both The Draft Network and First-Pick.com, and taking advantage of guys I could see possibly falling, here are the moves that are not out of the relm of possibilities:

-Either Quinnen Williams falls to us at #9 and we ***** him up, OR we trade a 4th or 5th for Gerald McCoy. 

-If Quinnen doesn’t fall (I won’t even say Bosa because that’s impossible he falls that far), than we get either Josh Allen, Brian Burns, or Montez Sweat at #9

-someone between Fant, Metcalf, Hock, or Harry/Brown/Butler falls to our 2nd rounder, or we trade up and grab them in the 20's of the 1st round

-we pick up OT Bobby Evans-Oklahoma and one of G-Benzschawel- Wisconsin or G- Samia- Oklahoma, or possibly even Polite in that 4th round range.

-somehow, whether it’s from guys I’ve already said, or someone else later like a Sternberger, Moreau, Nauta, or Warring after the 1st 2 rounds, I think we need to get out of this draft with a productive TE prospect who can step in as the definitive #2 TE, and down the road have #1 upside

-Pick up a 3rd RB who could produce as a short-term starter if McCoy and Gore are either injured or ineffective, whether that’s a guy we find in the draft, a TJ Yeldon, or a vet who gets cut off of a team at some point.

***I know this sounds like a lot to fall perfectly just to beat the Pats, but that’s not what I’m getting at. I’m trying to picture a scenario where we are favorites going into a NE game THIS year, and this is what I would need to see to think that’s possible. I’m not saying the Bills CAN’T beat NE unless they do all of these things. This is just how we become favorites.***

1.  Have Allen continue his development

2.  Have Daboll with our new O line coach put in a scheme that fits the new guys up front, thus allowing our running game to be resurrected and thus give our young QB time to throw

3.  Draft Oliver at 9, or Williams if through some miracle he is there at 9.  And with this expect our young MLB to continue to progress.  You want to beat Brady to need pressure up the middle; a young DT that can do that along with Edmunds blitzing should help there.

• Like (+1) 3

We are not a few impactful rookies away from dethroning the Pats*.  I wish it was that close.

We need the offense, lead by Josh Allen playing like Mahomes did last year, to take the league by storm, while our Defense is as solid as it was a year ago (meaning someone needs to fill Kyle William's shoes).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ddaryl said:

Nothing needs to happen outside of Josh developing further as a QB... If Josh takes that step then we beat NE 

How do we BECOME FAVORITES going into the NE games this year? This is the question of this thread. I’m not asking if we are on the right course with our franchise, or if we have a chance vs NE this year, I believe both of those are a “yes”, but I surely wouldn’t bet on the Bills straight-up. So, would you bet on the Bills vs Pats this year, straight-up? 

If not, than we’re to the subject of this thread. What would you add (or subtract) from ONLY OUR ROSTER before the opener, to tip this in our favor?

9 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

How do we BECOME FAVORITES going into the NE games this year? This is the question of this thread. I’m not asking if we are on the right course with our franchise, or if we have a chance vs NE this year, I believe both of those are a “yes”, but I surely wouldn’t bet on the Bills straight-up. So, would you bet on the Bills vs Pats this year, straight-up? 

If not, than we’re to the subject of this thread. What would you add (or subtract) from ONLY OUR ROSTER before the opener, to tip this in our favor?

Sorry, guess I didn't read it thoughroughly.  I hoenstly don't care about favorites or perception. I hope we are never favorites never on Hard Knocks and never appreciated by the rest of the country/league. I like being the underdog and I love it when the rest of this nation/league  gives us crap because their heads are so far up their asses they can only see their own colon anyways

Edited by ddaryl

22 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

After listening to the Howard Picks the Bills segment on WGR this morning, and they (completely reasonably) refuse to pick the Bills over the Pats as long as Brady is there. So, this got me thinking. What has to happen TO OUR TEAM (so no NE plane crashes) through the draft, June 1st vet cuts/trades, etc, for the Bills to conceivably PASS the Pats this year, with TB12 still there on their team? 

I will I’ll take a shot at it.

In my eyes, using what I’ve seen as a possibility, though not probable, in doing about a dozen mock drafts over the last week on both The Draft Network and First-Pick.com, and taking advantage of guys I could see possibly falling, here are the moves that are not out of the relm of possibilities:

-Either Quinnen Williams falls to us at #9 and we ***** him up, OR we trade a 4th or 5th for Gerald McCoy. 

-If Quinnen doesn’t fall (I won’t even say Bosa because that’s impossible he falls that far), than we get either Josh Allen, Brian Burns, or Montez Sweat at #9

-someone between Fant, Metcalf, Hock, or Harry/Brown/Butler falls to our 2nd rounder, or we trade up and grab them in the 20's of the 1st round

-we pick up OT Bobby Evans-Oklahoma and one of G-Benzschawel- Wisconsin or G- Samia- Oklahoma, or possibly even Polite in that 4th round range.

-somehow, whether it’s from guys I’ve already said, or someone else later like a Sternberger, Moreau, Nauta, or Warring after the 1st 2 rounds, I think we need to get out of this draft with a productive TE prospect who can step in as the definitive #2 TE, and down the road have #1 upside

-Pick up a 3rd RB who could produce as a short-term starter if McCoy and Gore are either injured or ineffective, whether that’s a guy we find in the draft, a TJ Yeldon, or a vet who gets cut off of a team at some point.

***I know this sounds like a lot to fall perfectly just to beat the Pats, but that’s not what I’m getting at. I’m trying to picture a scenario where we are favorites going into a NE game THIS year, and this is what I would need to see to think that’s possible. I’m not saying the Bills CAN’T beat NE unless they do all of these things. This is just how we become favorites.***

We score more points than they do

And no, I think it is impossible for us to go into NE as favorites by adding a bunch of rookies.

The only possible scenario is if our team somehow takes a humongous leap and is leading the AFC by the time we face the Pats for the 2nd time at the end of the season. Other than that, we won't be favorites.