DirecTV/NFL relationship developing cracks, could impact draft coverage and NFL ticket

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I hope they part ways because I am likely getting rid of directv soon regardless. Ticket was the only thing keeping me around.

Absolutley terrible in a region like WNY. I lose signal at times over heavy cloud coverage. Poor weather is precisely when I want to be in watching tv. 

Your dish needs reaiming then.......heavy cloud cover should not impact picture.  I just got reaimed, and that was the result.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

ever since At&t took over it has been . I have 8 more month left ion my contract and am switching because of them after 15 years as a customer

That is why you have the problems you do.  I havent had a contract with them in 4 years and refuse to get one.  I have them by the balls not visaversa.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

5G may be available in "select" cities.   There is no way the entire US will have 5G coverage for the 2019 NFL season.

Hell, I'm lucky to get 3G where I work in NoVa

Infrastructure doesn't pop up overnight 

Lol yes. I wasn't saying it's in the near future. But within the next couple years, probably within 5 years the internet/tv marketplace is going to be shook up because of 5G

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

DTV customer service has gone down in quality 

But as long as I can barter down the price of all the HBO's, SHO's, Cinemat, Statz etc, and sports package for $130 a month I won't complain too much

Of course I've been a DTV subscriber for over 20 years so that helps.   

same here

• Like (+1) 1

With just about every single company going to streaming services, doesn’t it make sense for the NFL to do just that? Everywhere else in the world GamePass is just this type of service. 

If I had to guess, this is what’s coming next from the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

There is a legit service I found at streamingunlimited.com that works great. Its app driven and I have AndoidTV so i just downloaded the app and ready to go. Got all tge games last year clear with no buffering. Cost me $39 a month tho. Worth with all the other stuff you get imo

This URL brings up a "buy this domain" web page. Is there another site you use to reach this company?

2 hours ago, eball said:

Some people just want to sit down, turn on the TV, and know where the game is without having to scramble around the internet and then "hope" the feed doesn't cut out.  Even more so if they have guests over.  There will always be a market for services "like this."

This. Over-saturation of streaming services is a thing. When there's no more cable or satellite, MANY people will miss the good ol' days... As they cycle through sources on their TV input, going to the device that has one of the 8 streaming services they subscribe to and pay separately each month. It's already bad and it's going to get much worse.

And I'm a millennial btw.

46 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That is why you have the problems you do.  I havent had a contract with them in 4 years and refuse to get one.  I have them by the balls not visaversa.

yea that's a good idea. Do you still get the specials they offer though? I was told they only give the discounted rates if you get into a contract

I had DTV a couple years ago and finally cut it as it got to expensive.  Have been doing some of these streaming services but those have gone from about $25/month to about $45/month now and not all the channels I want.  It seems stupid DTV won't offer Sunday Ticket on their DirecTV NOW service.  I really don't want to subscribe and get a dish again.  Probably have to do NFL Gamepass or something.  

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Did you read this? Does not really clear the air.

The out clause is likely there. Florio is respectable, it's not something i'd think he'd make up.

The article fails to see the most obvious; The NFL can stream or sell these games on their own. Don't need to put out to bid next time around.

They don't need to do exclusives any more either. Sell it a la carte to multiple platforms. Frankly, they could start their own network now....or mega dollar streaming sources like Huluu, Netflix may now be players.

I think the NFL can make more money than what direct tv can offer.

Also, I had Direct TV and other cable providers...all of them are really the same; they treat new customers great and old customers like *****. If you threaten to leave, they will usually kiss your ass only to eventually screw you again. 

Yeah I read it. Just going off history. Every time we get excited direct tv will lose the contract as it comes up for renewal, and we dream it will be available on other platforms like Canada has, at last minute, direct tv swoops back in and makes offer NFL can not refuse.

9 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Since AT&T took over, Directv's customer service (the one thing that kept me a loyal customer) has taken a dive to non-existent.  

I am going to be tossing it within the next 2 months.

Whatever you do never ever get Spectum. They screw people over. Like they did with my mother. We were going to get the cell phones. Someone changed it to different address. They send my mother phone bill when never got the phones. Got the police. There is a bunch of bad crap with them.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me too. I have 6 TVs including one outside and I want to easily put on any game at any time on any of them. I don’t care about the cost of nfl ticket and have no reason to “cut the cord” - I’m all about ease and just want my channels without hassle. But directv is pricey and I will just follow wherever the nfl ticket goes. I also love being able to watch the Ticket on my phone.

Wow ... you are a screen junkie.... :D 

I see Satellite dishes all over town on the side of houses. He'll, we've got one. I've recently started wondering if they're worth anything. I don't think anyone would notice they were gone.:D

9 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Have been w Directv for 18 years....and have it in both my northern home and my condo in Florida. The ATT issues have not hit me yet....but I am wary because of prior experiences w ATT.    I will have to change if rates are raised.....and will make a big jump to either Dish or Hulu.  I will not take any crap from ATT!  5G is a long way away....not in the conversaton yet.  Not sure it ever gets to my somewhat rural localtion either.  I don't have a contract...so, I can move at will. 

5G isn't even a necessity for the change to occur. We've got YouTube.TV, Prime, Hulu, and Netflix.(Probably too much). Very rarely have any streaming issues.

It's sad in a way because I hate to see things become obsolete, but adapt or die I suppose.

Edited by LSHMEAB

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Called directv the other day after all my promotions fell off last month and my bill went over $120 a month and threatened to cancel since my contract expired so I could get cheaper service back. Instead of offering me a good deal to keep me, the only thing they offered was to lower my package which would have eliminated the NFL network. The guy then asked me "so, what would you like me to do for you then?" To which I replied "just cancel my service then" and he said "ok, send your equipment back by this date". I couldn't believe how easy they let me go. Not even one phone call after I cancelled to entice me to come back. I have went to Sling for much cheaper and will be getting an HD antenna to get my local channels

Sling is good, but you should consider YouTubeTV. They offer local channels without the need for an antenna and they have quite a few promos.