DirecTV/NFL relationship developing cracks, could impact draft coverage and NFL ticket

yeah, I received the Uverse announcement the other day when I tried to turn on NFLN.  It was "an effort to cut costs" by Uverse, i.e.  looking for a way to pay for the $85 billion purchase of Time Warner. This was of course, after they raised rates for Uverse, again.

Uverse is down to half of its channels being paid programming or shopping channels.

I can't get Sunday Ticket anyway due to line of sight issues. (Our trees, neighbors trees).

When this happened, I read a few articles on the issue. Some made it sound like the NFL was looking more towards streaming Sunday Ticket. That might work.

IDK..its time to become a cord cutter, I think, if I can find a service that gets my wife her OWN network. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Got the ticket via online last year. It was worth it to watch the Bills, but dang, it’s got a ton of bugs. 

They need to just put all the games on prime. Make it a pay to play type deal where you can buy an individual game, or a season pass for a certain team, or the whole NFL season. screw local broadcasting rules. Just put them all on the internet. 

Once again, a post of the day for you good sir with the impressive ‘stache ;)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, yungmack said:

How so?

The speed of 5G is going to be ridiculous and will allow it to be offered as an alternative home internet service (eliminating need for cable in the house) which will eventually allow internet streaming services like Youtube TV, sling TV, direcTV now etc... to be the primary method of TV delivery.

Have been w Directv for 18 years....and have it in both my northern home and my condo in Florida. The ATT issues have not hit me yet....but I am wary because of prior experiences w ATT.    I will have to change if rates are raised.....and will make a big jump to either Dish or Hulu.  I will not take any crap from ATT!  5G is a long way away....not in the conversaton yet.  Not sure it ever gets to my somewhat rural localtion either.  I don't have a contract...so, I can move at will. 

Edited by bigK14094
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

People are still putting satellite dishes on their homes??

I live in the middle of Union Cty, NC. I’m a half mile off the road and while I do get “ High speed” internet off the phone line it leaves a lot to be desired. 

My kid is about to leave for college and my wife and I don’t need anything other than the ability to stream.

Once NFL ticket is off DTV , we are done with it.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

In comparison with Spectrum, DirectTV customer service is incredible.  I've never had an issue.

The prices are pretty tough sometimes, but they have worked with me quite a bit.  I had Sunday Ticket two years ago and liked it, but not enough to keep paying for it.

However, if the NFL Network goes I really have no reason to keep it.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

even worse since AT&T took over

Agree, use to be easier to deal with them and get discounts before ATT bought them out.  Probably ATT told them you can't keep giving these discounts and be profitable.  

This could be the end coming that the NFL sees the writing on the wall and is planning to go the way of the other sports and make their package available stand alone via streaming.  So things are rocky between them.

I have a TIVO for a DVR and record off the networks, watch all the Bills games on line via Reddit.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

21 minutes ago, StHustle said:

There is a legit service I found at streamingunlimited.com that works great. Its app driven and I have AndoidTV so i just downloaded the app and ready to go. Got all tge games last year clear with no buffering. Cost me $39 a month tho. Worth with all the other stuff you get imo

This is either viruses, mail order brides, or a pyramid scheme... That's a hard pass from me dawg. 

?

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, use to be easier to deal with them and get discounts before ATT bought them out.  Probably ATT told them you can't keep giving these discounts and be profitable.  

This could be the end coming that the NFL sees the writing on the wall and is planning to go the way of the other sports and make their package available stand alone via streaming.  So things are rocky between them.

I have a TIVO for a DVR and record off the networks, watch all the Bills games on line via Reddit.

I'm going to have to start looking at other options

I’m surprised services like this are still kicking considering the amount of streams you can find online for free. 

I dont think there was a game last year that you couldn’t find on a reddit stream. 

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm going to have to start looking at other options

Me too. I have 6 TVs including one outside and I want to easily put on any game at any time on any of them. I don’t care about the cost of nfl ticket and have no reason to “cut the cord” - I’m all about ease and just want my channels without hassle. But directv is pricey and I will just follow wherever the nfl ticket goes. I also love being able to watch the Ticket on my phone.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Shocked they actually employed an American customer service rep. Whenever I call Directv I get the out sourced call center in India. Every. Darn. Time. 

You can ask for an American call center. I used to do it until we canceled the service. 

31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I explored Reddit last year. The problem I had was it was low definition which was like watch ‘80s NFL reruns on a UHDTV.

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

yeah, I received the Uverse announcement the other day when I tried to turn on NFLN.  It was "an effort to cut costs" by Uverse, i.e.  looking for a way to pay for the $85 billion purchase of Time Warner. This was of course, after they raised rates for Uverse, again.

Uverse is down to half of its channels being paid programming or shopping channels.

I can't get Sunday Ticket anyway due to line of sight issues. (Our trees, neighbors trees).

When this happened, I read a few articles on the issue. Some made it sound like the NFL was looking more towards streaming Sunday Ticket. That might work.

IDK..its time to become a cord cutter, I think, if I can find a service that gets my wife her OWN network. 

if you can't get Direct TV due to sight-of-line issues (same here), you are eligible for the Direct TV Streaming Sunday Ticket.  If the website won't let you get it, call customer service and explain the situation.