DirecTV/NFL relationship developing cracks, could impact draft coverage and NFL ticket

NFLN currently off of DirecTV Now and Uverse. If not resolved by next week those customers will need to watch draft on ESPN. NFL Ticket ownership hanging by a thread. I only have DirecTV (regular version) because of the Ticket - it’s super expensive and I hate losing service when it rains hard. Would love to make a change if the Ticket goes elsewhere.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Only reason I have Directv is the Sunday Ticket. Their customer support/service is absolutely non-existent. 

In comparison with Spectrum, DirectTV customer service is incredible.  I've never had an issue.

The prices are pretty tough sometimes, but they have worked with me quite a bit.  I had Sunday Ticket two years ago and liked it, but not enough to keep paying for it.

However, if the NFL Network goes I really have no reason to keep it.

• Like (+1) 2

Got the ticket via online last year. It was worth it to watch the Bills, but dang, it’s got a ton of bugs. 

They need to just put all the games on prime. Make it a pay to play type deal where you can buy an individual game, or a season pass for a certain team, or the whole NFL season. screw local broadcasting rules. Just put them all on the internet. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Only reason I have Directv is the Sunday Ticket. Their customer support/service is absolutely non-existent. 

ever since At&t took over it has been . I have 8 more month left ion my contract and am switching because of them after 15 years as a customer

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

even worse since AT&T took over

Last summer, my son got a job answering phones at an AT&T call center. When AT&T took over DirecTV, they raised the rates on a bunch of packages and "informed" customers by putting it in tiny print on their bills. Customers called to complain, and he had to tow the company line and tell the customers that they had, in fact, been informed of the price increase. He quit after six weeks because he found himself empathizing with the customers.

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Last summer, my son got a job answering phones at an AT&T call center. When AT&T took over DirecTV, they raised the rates on a bunch of packages and "informed" customers by putting it in tiny print on their bills. Customers called to complain, and he had to tow the company line and tell the customers that they had, in fact, been informed of the price increase. He quit after six weeks because he found himself empathizing with the customers.

Shocked they actually employed an American customer service rep. Whenever I call Directv I get the out sourced call center in India. Every. Darn. Time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Got the ticket via online last year. It was worth it to watch the Bills, but dang, it’s got a ton of bugs. 

They need to just put all the games on prime. Make it a pay to play type deal where you can buy an individual game, or a season pass for a certain team, or the whole NFL season. screw local broadcasting rules. Just put them all on the internet. 

I think Amazon jumps in when TV contracts are up

• Like (+1) 2

I would probably drop Directv if not for the Sunday Ticket.  If it went to an online subscription service with live and replay availability (i.e. DVR) I would be all over that.

That being said.... the Directv customer service has always be great.