Bills and Panthers will hold joint TC practices in Spartanburg, SC

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I wonder why such a love affair with Carolina. McDermott has coached other places and often credits Andy Reid learning many things from. I know beane and McDermott spent time in Carolina, but still

they could be like the Pats* and do practices in Greenbrier in West Virginia   for joint practices with the Houston Texans

Them Hollers are far from both home bases 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They play in Carolina later in the week. Why would it be at Fisher?

I saw that after. I made a bad point. I just don't like how the training camp schedule came out.

It also seems like McDermott has no desire to continue in Rochester.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I wonder why such a love affair with Carolina. McDermott has coached other places and often credits Andy Reid learning many things from. I know beane and McDermott spent time in Carolina, but still

It's not a love affair it's familiarity.

Beane/McD/Morgan know a lot of people in that organization and when there is that familiarity they would rather do these joint practices with those they know and processes they are familiar with. 

It makes sense.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Pop Quiz. How many times has Rivera lost to Bellicheck? Now ask yourself if this could be useful to MCD,

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Ron-Rivera-beating-Patriots-key-128634107/

The season the Eagles won the SB they were said to have used the Panthers victory in the same year at Foxboro as a blueprint for victory...

We also own them in preseason. Patriots love playing us in the 3rd game of preseason and have arranged to do so again this year because we are sure to give them a good test.

18 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Pop Quiz. How many times has Rivera lost to Bellicheck? Now ask yourself if this could be useful to MCD,

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Ron-Rivera-beating-Patriots-key-128634107/

The season the Eagles won the SB they were said to have used the Panthers victory in the same year at Foxboro as a blueprint for victory...

We also own them in preseason. Patriots love playing us in the 3rd game of preseason and have arranged to do so again this year because we are sure to give them a good test.

...uh oh.....so when Leslie retires and Ron gets canned, wonder if he has a seat next to McCoy on "The Express"??....stay tuned.........

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uh oh.....so when Leslie retires and Ron gets canned, wonder if he has a seat next to McCoy on "The Express"??....stay tuned.........

You joke but its not impossible. Riverboat Ron was very lucky not to be fired last year after going 6-2 in the first half and 1-7 in the second half of the season. With a new owner his job is under pressure this year. I wouldn't wish it on you though.

Edited by Seoulofstone

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

You joke but its not impossible. Riverboat Ron was very lucky not to be fired last year after going 6-2 in the first half and 1-7 in the second half of the season. With a new owner his job is under pressure this year. I wouldn't wish it on you though.

...ALWAYS liked RR as a player and as one rising through the coaching ranks......NOT joking if Leslie retires and RR is let go.....

21 hours ago, Curt said:

The day Ron Rivera leaves or is fired, McDermott will immediately call the Panthers to get a job interview. 

That would be great if it happened and they answered as that would be tampering, likely get their 1st round pick!  Sorry but no way that's happening unless he does very poorly here the next year or two and for whatever reason Buffalo encourages him to look elsewhere.  But that's not the work it usually works. 

What could happen is McD calls up Rivera and offers him a job.  But even that not likely immediately as Ron will get the rest of his contract $$ from Carolina anyway as long as he stays un-employed.   Certainly some assistant job in Buffalo is going to pay less, so Carolina would still be on the hook for a big part of his salary.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

I seem to recall that last Pitt joint practice, didn't it get very physical, after whistle shenanigans etc  - Steelers beat the crap out of us w/ some injuries sustained?

6 hours ago, stevewin said:

I seem to recall that last Pitt joint practice, didn't it get very physical, after whistle shenanigans etc  - Steelers beat the crap out of us w/ some injuries sustained?

I think that was the ensuing preseason game - shazier busted sammy’s ribs