Bills and Panthers will hold joint TC practices in Spartanburg, SC

5 hours ago, FluffHead said:

They will complete a trade at that time as well 

At least Kelvin Benjamin won't be involved

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Obviously you've never lived in Georgia.

That place is Hell on Earth.

Not to mention half that state smells like ass because of the paper mills

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully they do this in NY next year.  

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah, I asked the family members I was visiting what they do in the summer and they said "Stay in AC from 10AM-6PM all summer". 

People talk crazy about us in the winter but its just as bad there in the summer if not worse in terms of the weather dictating what you can or can't do.

I think the difference is, at least they can go outside at some time.  (evening, early AM).  In the middle of the winter, albeit only for like 1-3 weeks, it's way too cold to ever go outside.  At least, it is now, wasn't when I was younger.  But the negatives are too much.  

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Actually, outside of metro A, I’ve always felt it’s the sprawling chicken farm commercial setups that smell the worst. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I was in Columbia the day they set the all-time state record of 109 a few years ago and the heat index was 125...thought I was going to die that day.

I worked construction during summers in my college days in Hilton Head, SC (a couple hours south of Charleston). It was over 100 every day for 3 straight weeks. And HUMID! People were passing out and dropping off of 2 story roofs. Oh Lordy! It made me want to finish school and get an air conditioned job! I took a bank job that took me to Columbia on a regular basis......which became my new hottest, most miserable place on the planet! Between the AC of the office and your car you would sweat through your clothes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matty the Dustmop said:

Your wrong the record was 113 in Columbia in 1986 ...you ask how do I know I was there

I got my temps wrong...you are correct it was 113 in Columbia(University of South Carolina) and officially at the airport it was 109, but I was there in 2012. I still remember exactly what I was doing that day---we went to EdVenture and at 10AM the temp hit 100 degrees...and I was like seriously??  We left around 3pm and had the AC in the car on full blast with the doors and windows open in the parking lot because I couldn't even touch the steering wheel without burning my hands. 

In 1986 the warmest it ever got was 106 in Columbia(according to the National Weather Service).(see below)

image.thumb.png.458b7091e4c36660a1a330637407aef0.png

Official National Weather Service record at the airport

image.thumb.png.279215fffac9f68ec2f0ecca31a68105.png

University of South Carolina at Columbia temperature reading of 113(probably a more accurate reading of how hot it actually was in the city itself since the campus would have concrete and brick that holds in the heat whereas the airport was a more accurate reflection of the actual air temperature in a more natural open air state). However for National Weather Service records, this is an "unofficial" reading since it wasn't at the airport where all the records are kept.

image.thumb.png.79f484361b390ec784a6235b5fba76b2.png

I distinctly remember on the news that night they were touting that they just broke the official all-time record high for the state of South Carolina. Yes, I am aware that higher temperatures have been recorded but the National Weather Service recognizes the 109 as the all-time state high.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Havent really had much of that over the last 12 years Ive lived here.  Thats more like that ***** hole state Florida.

Where do you live?

Rochester. Wasnt really referring to here but I do still hate the humidity more than the heat. 

I travel out west to the desert state and love the dry heat. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

now, See?! THIS is how rumors get started!

<psssst, what are you hearin’?>

A late round 2020 pick for Kevon Seymour 

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I got my temps wrong...you are correct it was 113 in Columbia(University of South Carolina) and officially at the airport it was 109, but I was there in 2012. I still remember exactly what I was doing that day---we went to EdVenture and at 10AM the temp hit 100 degrees...and I was like seriously??  We left around 3pm and had the AC in the car on full blast with the doors and windows open in the parking lot because I couldn't even touch the steering wheel without burning my hands. 

In 1986 the warmest it ever got was 106 in Columbia(according to the National Weather Service).(see below)

image.thumb.png.458b7091e4c36660a1a330637407aef0.png

Official National Weather Service record at the airport

image.thumb.png.279215fffac9f68ec2f0ecca31a68105.png

University of South Carolina at Columbia temperature reading of 113(probably a more accurate reading of how hot it actually was in the city itself since the campus would have concrete and brick that holds in the heat whereas the airport was a more accurate reflection of the actual air temperature in a more natural open air state). However for National Weather Service records, this is an "unofficial" reading since it wasn't at the airport where all the records are kept.

image.thumb.png.79f484361b390ec784a6235b5fba76b2.png

I distinctly remember on the news that night they were touting that they just broke the official all-time record high for the state of South Carolina. Yes, I am aware that higher temperatures have been recorded but the National Weather Service recognizes the 109 as the all-time state high.

I can live with that explanation I stand humbly corrected

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Rochester. Wasnt really referring to here but I do still hate the humidity more than the heat. 

I travel out west to the desert state and love the dry heat. 

I hear that dry heat isnt as bad.  Ive been told Carolina Summer hasnt been Carolina summer in many years.  We dont get as cold as NY and we get a little warmer.  There is actually a point in the late fall and one in early summer that the weather is the same.  The taxes are no where near the same thats the most important part.  I actually live about 5-10 mins away from Panthers training camp.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I hear that dry heat isnt as bad.  Ive been told Carolina Summer hasnt been Carolina summer in many years.  We dont get as cold as NY and we get a little warmer.  There is actually a point in the late fall and one in early summer that the weather is the same.  The taxes are no where near the same thats the most important part.  I actually live about 5-10 mins away from Panthers training camp.

The taxes might not be near the same but the grocery bill is double...that ends up adding up to about the same over the course of a year.

Also I wouldn't believe what you've been told.  It's always easy to misremember things from many years ago versus what you are currently experiencing.  Last year was the warmest annual temperature in Columbia since 1948.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Great news!!!  I might be able to take in my 1st training camp practice since they were in Fredonia!!!  :thumbsup:

I believe that all of the Panthers TC practices are open to the public.  There are a ton of Bills fans down here as well so I would not be surprised if a bunch showed up.  I could even see Tavern on the Tracks organizing a bus trip to Spartanburg.  We might make it feel like the Panthers are the visiting team. 

F$@# that!!  This is Buffalo South!!!

I'll certainly be there too for this!