Rob Gronkowski Dents Lombardi Trophy with Bunt

stosh64

A goofball yes, but unlike many knuckleheads in the NFL, he has stayed out of trouble.  No arrests, no suspensions, no drug issues(at least I don't think so), and from what I've read, has banked almost every penny he has earned.  So if anything, he at the very least knows how to manage his money.

Big deal...they get a replacement Lombardi for this SB.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I want the Bills to beat them when they are a good-to-great team

both teams sucking isn't much fun

I agree that beating the Pats and watching Belicheck scowling on the sidelines and seeing Brady pouting makes it sooo much more fun, but I guarantee you that for the rest of my life, every time we beat that damn franchise, I will celebrate it as our best win of the season, unless we win the SB that same year. I don’t care if the Pats are 14-2 or 2-14, it’s a huge win.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I am well aware that the Stanley Cup gets passed around to the winning team, I did not know they do the same for the Lombardi

i know George Constanza drove around the Yankees parking lot dragging the World Series Trophy, the Ueberroth or the Kuhn or the Happy Chandler or the Ford Frick whatever they call it....

It’s not... in the video there is literally shown a line of like 5 or 6 trophies, which proves it’s a new one every year, unlike the Stanley Cup, or the WS trophy.

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

Lost in all this is that it was a pretty good bunt.

Yup. But it could have gone very badly for him... that triangular base was angled in such a way that if he hit the ball with the base, vs the football on the top of the trophy, he would have 100% eaten that baseball on the ricochet.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The NFL needs more Gronks, IMO.

The guy is just plain fun.  As @LabattBlue said, he remained clean throughout his career.  Consummate pro, if you ask me.  I'll miss him.

Over the years, I have kinda thawed on the guy and I’m able to separate him a little bit from the otherwise completely hatable Pats, but that shot on Tre, plus the lack of a real apology, have severely tarnished him. He was otherwise clean and, at least as far as Pats players go, mildly likable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Over the years, I have kinda thawed on the guy and I’m able to separate him a little bit from the otherwise completely hatable Pats, but that shot on Tre, plus the lack of a real apology, have severely tarnished him. He was otherwise clean and, at least as far as Pats players go, mildly likable.

My guess (strictly a guess) is that Gronk's lack of apology is more of a "Patriots culture" thing, than it is a "Gronk's a dick" thing.  Apologizing = admitting you did something wrong.

That's not the NE way, as seen from Mr. Kraft and down the chain.

The hit was egregiously bad.  I just can't label a person, or his career, based on one mishap (one of this magnitude, anyway).

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My guess (strictly a guess) is that Gronk's lack of apology is more of a "Patriots culture" thing, than it is a "Gronk's a dick" thing.  Apologizing = admitting you did something wrong.

That's not the NE way, as seen from Mr. Kraft and down the chain.

The hit was egregiously bad.  I just can't label a person, or his career, based on one mishap (one of this magnitude, anyway).

the Patriot way?  

I believe you would be wrong 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-gameday-prime/0ap3000000887689/Bill-Belichick-apologizes-to-Sean-McDermott-for-Gronk-s-late-hit-on-White

Rob Gronkowski apologizes for cheap shot on Bills CB Tre'Davious .

Bill Belichick Apologizes for Rob Gronkowski's Late Hit, Calls It 'Bulls--t ...

not that I but the bull**** excuse Gronk used    --  He was frustrated 

Steroids do that to people 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Consummate pros don't try to injure players with their bionic elbow.

gronk.jpg

I'll post videos of all of his other dirty plays for you:

The end.

It was one play.

• Like (+1) 2