DE, Brian Burns Should Be the Pick

wppete

Brian Burns looks like a longer version of Von Miller. His length, speed and athleticism is unreal. He has been to Buffalo for a visit already and would love to see us trade back to mid teens pick up an extra 2nd and take Burns. He is going to be a star in the NFL especially if he adds some weight. I’d draft him over Bosa and J. Allen. If we don’t draft him I hope he stays out of the AFC East. 

-Brian Burns

“I actually try to pattern my game after a lot of people. I feel like I take bits and pieces from the people I like to watch as far as Khalil MackVon MillerLeonard FloydDee Ford. There’s a lot of dudes. I just look at them. Whatever I see from their game I try to take bits and pieces and combine it to my own.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Burns is a beast. 

Jaylon Ferguson is also a monster and would a steal in the 2nd round. Most mocks I’ve seen have him going late first to early 2nd. 

Another guy guy that’s under the radar imo is Jacai Polite out of Florida. A cheaper version of the 2 imo. Might have the best get off the line out of all of them. But he’s projected to be a mid to late round guy. A real sleeper imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

Brian Burns looks like a longer version of Von Miller. His length, speed and athleticism is unreal. He has been to Buffalo for a visit already and would love to see us trade back to mid teens pick up an extra 2nd and take Burns. He is going to be a star in the NFL especially if he adds some weight. I’d draft him over Bosa and J. Allen. If we don’t draft him I hope he stays out of the AFC East. 

-Brian Burns

“I actually try to pattern my game after a lot of people. I feel like I take bits and pieces from the people I like to watch as far as Khalil MackVon MillerLeonard FloydDee Ford. There’s a lot of dudes. I just look at them. Whatever I see from their game I try to take bits and pieces and combine it to my own.”

I look at it this way.

Would you rather have Burns at DE and Tillery or Simmons at DT?

Or

Wilkins or Ed Oliver at DT and Ferguson at DE?

Why now?  We will most likely re-sign Hughes and could very well re-sign Lawson?  Why spend a top 10 pick on a guy that may not even start?

I think he could be better than Lawson, but then what do you do with him?  

If he played edge and rotated with Lorax, okay.  I just don’t see how it works for that high of a pick. 

But please educate me 

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I’d like him at 9 over Hockenson for sure

We need a TE and we have 10 picks we should be able to get back in the 1st  and get both , 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yep I’d be fine with it.

As long as Cornette’s Commentsry doesn’t have anything to say about it.

Is that similar to a Bennett Brauer commentary?  

"I'm not camera friendly." Or, "Maybe I'm not...the norm."  Or, "I don't wear clothes that fit me."  

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why now?  We will most likely re-sign Hughes and could very well re-sign Lawson?  Why spend a top 10 pick on a guy that may not even start?

If he played edge and rotated with Lorax, okay.  I just don’t see how it works for that high of a pick. 

But please educate me 

I'm not sure that they will re-sign Lawson, especially if they don't pick up his fifth year option.  If they stick to BPA in the draft, they won't worry how they will get him on the field (at least according to Beane).  He would be a rotational player to start and earn more playing time with good performance.  I don't care for this scenario but it is one that they may follow.  I agree with you that we need to select an impact starter with our pick at 9.  It's not like the Bills have a loaded roster and can afford for a number 9 pick to wait on the sidelines.

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

But please educate me 

If thats a good enough pass rush tandem for you, might want to elevate your standards. 

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I like Burns too. Just not at 9. Maybe in the twenties.

He won’t make it past the mid to late teens 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

But please educate me 

Hughes is getting old. Lawson hasn’t shown anything more than a rotational guy at best. 

Pass rusher is one of our most needed positions moving forward. He’s one of the best in the entire draft if not the best. Arguably. 

Our pass as rush was terrible last season and with Lorax and Hughes getting even older it won’t get any better. Get a guy now to rotate in and possibly steal a spot away as a starter if he’s good enough out of the gate. 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

We need a TE and we have 10 picks we should be able to get back in the 1st  and get both , 

Kinda goes along with my original take. Could trade back for extra picks. Get Wilkins it Ferguson or both. Or one or the other and trade back up for one of the TEs. I’m not sure Hock will be better than Fant. But both should be very good. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

If thats a good enough pass rush tandem for you, might want to elevate your standards. 

This 

54 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Aaron Maybin  

Height: 6-4   Weight: 237   Age: 31

2.0 ??

YOU

ARE

HIGH

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

But please educate me 

Bills were 26th in sacks last year.

I don't believe Lawson will be re-signed. Even if he is, he's nothing more than an edge setter in the run game and a 5 sack per year kind of guy.

Hughes will be 31 at the end of this season. How much longer does he have? And does it make sense for such a young team to give a big contract to a guy whose best days may be behind him?

That leaves the Bills next season with Murphy and MAYBE an aging Hughes. The lack of pass rushing productivity last year combined with the contract situations of the edge players on the Bills roster makes an edge player a big need. You may be right that he'd only see the field on certain downs this season. The selection of such a player would be more about NEXT season and the seasons to come. 

At the end of the day, McDermott and Beane have yet to commit ANY draft resources at the edge position. That's crazy. It's ESPECIALLY crazy for a guy like McDermott, who doesn't like to call many blitzes and who relies on his front four to get pressure. As good as McD's Bills defenses have been at times, just imagine how dominant they could be if they could actually pressure and sack the opposing QB on a more consistent basis!

• Like (+1) 5