Schedule Analysis

corta765

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Gotta agree with this.  The Bills should’ve had at least one prime time game.  The Thanksgiving Game doesn’t technically count as one, but I do view it as equivalent.  Even so, the Bills deserve that and at least one additional prime time game.  It is disrespectful. 

I think the Thanksgiving game is just a cyclical thing where their “ number was up”. Last appearance was ‘94 and then mid 70’s OJ era before that. It just shows that the NFLschedule makers ( and possibly the networks) hold the Bills in extremely low regard as a national TV draw. They are a pariah right now. Only winning and or an actual star QB will change this. 

• Like (+1) 2

I wasn't sure if I should say the Bills Schedule was rough

I heard one earlier and not this one is very similar 

The  Los Angeles Chargers will go six* weeks between games held at their home stadium this fall.  (one international game is a Home Game in that span) 

of course on the flip side they have longer home stands 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wasn't sure if I should say the Bills Schedule was rough

I heard one earlier and not this one is very similar 

The  Los Angeles Chargers will go six* weeks between games held at their home stadium this fall.  (one international game is a Home Game in that span) 

Our better looking west coast twin is continually getting hosed as well. This is a perfect example. The Chargers are the buffalo bills lite version. They took over the title for worst injury luck a few seasons back.  

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Who cares? It will be that much more fun if the Bills rip through their schedule and win a lot of games. 

Who cares?? Well let’s see. Assuming the bills, “rip through the schedule”  Wouldn’t you rather the rest of the country witness it?? It’s much less likely to be perceived as a fluke if everyone is watching and the game isn’t stuck in 1pm purgatory. Say the bills “rip through their schedule” as you stated, and start hot say 4-1 (which I think is feasible), don’t you think the public perception will be “it’s the bills, they’ve started hot before”

How are people so dismissive??

Edited by BIGBOY

Never look directly at the schedule. Hide it in the attic with the Christmas lights. You are fine after December first.

Looking early leads to wild predictions you will regret later...

Edited by HOUSE

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Never look directly at the schedule. Hide it in the attic with the Christmas lights. You are fine after December first.

Looking early leads to wild predictions you will regret later...

The first thing I did at work today, was hang the schedule on my cubicle wall. Right above my monitor.

Edited by wagon127

2 hours ago, BIGBOY said:

Couldn’t agree more on your primetime point: it’s embaressing to not get granted a prime time game. I thought a young, exciting second year QB would have at least netted one MAYBE two primetime games. The line of thinking “hey I love dem dere 1pm games” is so pre historic and is a very insulated way of thinking. We get it you want to attend a meat raffle or rake dem leaves at 4pm smh. 

Right! It really is the mindset of who cares about bigger or better things. Most NFL fanbases care about success and a product of success is receiving national exposure. There use to be a time we got jazzed up that we got the big games because our mindset was big in the idea of winning big. I thought like you that with Allen's progress/big moments last year a national game with him against Baker or Darnold or Jackson was a shoe in. Even a game vs Wentz and the Eagles would've been cool given they both had the same college coach. Instead we get at best a national game in New England at night which is probably the only it is even being considered and most likely will be a massacre given the Pats record during home night games.

2 hours ago, BIGBOY said:

Our better looking west coast twin is continually getting hosed as well. This is a perfect example. The Chargers are the buffalo bills lite version. They took over the title for worst injury luck a few seasons back.  

This year the schedule actually worked out pretty favorably for the Bills and generally when its home game front loaded they do better. But yea LAC got screwed hard like us. Going that long from home really makes it a tough go and eliminates a home bounce back game to reset if things get rough.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, quincy said:

Which prospects from the 2019 draft will end up as being very marketable?

Thus bringing pressure on the schedulers to offer the Bills at least 1 prime-time game per year? 

As an starting point I think it those players could be Marquise Brown, Hockenson, Quinnen Williams, Kyler Murray and DK Metcalf.

Maybe Darrell Henderson, Mecole Hardeman, Andy Isabella and Justice Hill.

In an alternate universe if the Bills had landed Antonio Brown I am sure there would be at least 2 prime-time games.

If DK succeeds, he will be EXTREMELY marketable.

As far as getting the shaft regarding PT games, I just don't feel aggrieved like I did 15 years ago. It may be difficult psychologically, but imagine you WEREN'T a Bills fan. Would you be excited to watch them in PT? If you answer honestly, it's probably a big no.

If Allen steps up and the Bills win 10 games, you can rest assured all of this will change.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Only reason to be slightly upset is that the Bills are the only team without a guaranteed prime-time game when the schedule is released.

Maybe the week 16 game is rescheduled and that would be good news for Buffalo fans to play against New England on a national stage.

It could be worse, apparently Tampa Bay go without a home game for 49 days, (their sole home game during this period is in London).

Fingers crossed for Josh Allen and Tremaine Edwards to become true stars. Mitch Morse and Tre White to go All-Pro.

If somehow Beane eschews the lines and is able to draft DK and TJ (say the Bengals trade up and give us a 2nd rounder) the intrigue around Buffalo will surely grow!

5 hours ago, quincy said:

In an alternate universe if the Bills had landed Antonio Brown I am sure there would be at least 2 prime-time games.

Yep. I would've bet with AB we go at night for CLE and PIT. Outside of your major markets which get national games even if they suck like the Giants and Skins, if you are small to medium size you get games either by winning (which we haven't done) or by major stars joining. 2015 was like a banner year in terms of star power with Shady & Rex joining the team which is why they got two night games, London, and a 4 pm game. The only other time in my adult life I remember the Bills getting a bunch of headline type games was 2009 which was when we got TO and the AFL had its 50th anniversary. That year the Bills had 2 primetime games MNF Pats (Leodis fml) and TNF in Toronto (NYJ) plus FIVE  4 pm games which seems insane to believe now.

Edited by corta765

3 hours ago, BIGBOY said:

Who cares?? Well let’s see. Assuming the bills, “rip through the schedule”  Wouldn’t you rather the rest of the country witness it?? It’s much less likely to be perceived as a fluke if everyone is watching and the game isn’t stuck in 1pm purgatory. Say the bills “rip through their schedule” as you stated, and start hot say 4-1 (which I think is feasible), don’t you think the public perception will be “it’s the bills, they’ve started hot before”

How are people so dismissive??

The proof is in the playing. The Bills have had one playoff season since 2000, and exited in the first round after scoring 3 points. There is no reason for them to be put in showcased time slots. That's a simple fact. 

You and I know (or believe) that they are better than the national NFL audience thinks. That and $4.50 will get you a bad cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I am fully looking forward to enjoying the consternation by national media when the Bills exceed expectations this season, as I expect they will. I bet you will enjoy it, too. It's always fun when people who don't give you respect are forced to do so by your proving them wrong.  

Peace.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I'm strongly confident wherever I spend thanksgiving, will have dinner early. Its not like my family or In-laws will be oblivious to the Bills being on TV, and I won't be the only one who wants to watch it. Also, I usually drink lots of beer after a huge thanksgiving dinner, not sure why the bills being on TV will make a difference!

My beer consumption goes up significantly when I'm watching the Bills.  At first it's the excitement of the upcoming game & expectation of a win that triggers over consumption.  Then it's angry frustration as the game proceeds that triggers over consumption.   Then with a disappointing end I try to drown my sorrow triggering over consumption.  

I've just never tried it after eating a Thanksgiving feast. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If Brown trade ocurred I’d say at least one PT appearance for sure. The Bills were a bottom of the league offense last year, and their star power is minimal. If they improve drastically in the scoring department, PT games will follow. 

Prime Time will come to Buffalo as Josh improves. We will now be on the search for a dynamic rb/wr to complete the trio.  Once that happens and Brady's retirement renders NE irrelevant,  Buffalo will be very desirable to the networks. 

22 hours ago, corta765 said:

.... 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years. ...

which is a direct correlation to the product on the field. the Bills improve and we will be clamoring for those late season games in OP for the home field advantage that it gives us.

23 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m genuinely bummed Buffalo got Dallas on Thanksgiving.

that was going to be my favorite upset.  Buffalo rolling into Dallas on some random Sunday.  Lowly Buffalo being some out of conference opponent on a random Sunday.

Dallas is a a team that seems to play to either level of competition or to the moment.

they were poised to come out flat (like Vikings) against Buffalo on a Rando SUnday.

now that’s its on Thanksgiving...as of today no way I like Buffalo for that one.

Dallas is 5-5 the last 10 Thanksgivings.  I give the Bills a 50/50 right now.

23 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I might be in the minority here but I like the bye on the early side.   Gives the team a chance to fix issues.  Last year it was late and worthless.   

Yeah but late when everyone is banged up and burnt out its nice to get a reset,  especially for tools. 

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My beer consumption goes up significantly when I'm watching the Bills.  At first it's the excitement of the upcoming game & expectation of a win that triggers over consumption.  Then it's angry frustration as the game proceeds that triggers over consumption.   Then with a disappointing end I try to drown my sorrow triggering over consumption.  

I've just never tried it after eating a Thanksgiving feast. 

Haha i like it. If i drink too much, as i do at home games, my family may not enjoy my in game commentary as much as my season ticket holder friends do. Could get ugly....