Schedule Analysis

corta765

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Start winning football games and you'll see national attention..... if that's really what you care about. 

This! Also the national media and most fans do not have a particularly favorable view of Josh Allen (mostly based on the trite "hot takes" regarding him prior to the draft). Frankly too the Bills have almost zero star power. Star power drives ratings and networks can't get enough of it. Hence Baker Mayfield and OBJ are going to be on a LOT in years to come. Winning cures a lot of these perceived slights. There hasnt been much of it around here in 20 years. It's time.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

Another year, another round of irritation at the Bills not getting any primetime games.

One more time:

The Bills, being a small market team, are ALWAYS going to be behind the 8-ball in terms of garnering national attention. The only market smaller is Green Bay, but they have a storied tradition of winning and an elite quarterback, so they get night games. The Bills? The Bills absolutely HAVE to win football games and make the postseason and HAVE to have some marquee players in order to even have a SHOT at night games. 

If the Bills make the playoffs this year, they'll get 1Thursday night and 1 Monday night game next year. If they make the playoffs AGAIN or if Josh Allen becomes a superstar, they'll get more than that the following year.

You have to earn this stuff. The NFL wants ratings, and putting a Bills team that's been bad for 20 straight years and has no real star NFL players in prime time doesn't make good business sense. Win football games, get prime time slots. Simple.

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I doubt it b.c the Browns should be bad, hopefully.

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

The schedule is out if you haven’t seen this is it:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

I agree on the 1 pm gms but that's actually an advantage. Players prefer playing same time. 

I could see us 6-2 going into Cleveland...

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the conservative road to 10-6:

-3-3 in the division (2-0 Dolphins, 1-1 Jets, 0-2 Patriots)

-Somewhat easy wins against Giants, Bengals, Titans, Redskins, Broncos, Ravens

-Win 1 of Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers

I think that is very doable.

This is the best schedule we have had in a long time. 10-6 seems very reachable if we are playing good ball. I also think it’s time to split with the Pats, enough of this 0-2 garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love it! A ton of 1 PM (Noon my time) games and a great excuse to have a mini-vacation over Thanksgiving to go to Jerryworld for the first time.

Man this sucks i'm in Dallas but I really need to go and be with the fam. Don't think I can get out of this one. Bills at Dallas only happens once in 4 years, I went last time.

Thanksgiving football is the best time to watch football I look forward to watching the Bills on a holiday in a lazy food coma if I don't end up going to the game.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Man this sucks i'm in Dallas but I really need to go and be with the fam. Don't think I can get out of this one. Bills at Dallas only happens once in 4 years, I went last time.

Thanksgiving football is the best time to watch football I look forward to watching the Bills on a holiday in a lazy food coma if I don't end up going to the game.

I was looking forward to trying to make it too but have the same issue.... Unfortunately it's 8 years, not 4.  Then next time they play it'll be a home game.  

It will make for an interesting Thanksgiving though, my wife's side of the family who we spend the holiday with are all cowboy fans

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the conservative road to 10-6:

-Somewhat easy wins against Giants, Bengals, Titans, Redskins, Broncos, Ravens

-Win 1 of Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers

I think that is very doable.

I like this. Or, maybe it happened like this (for the Clue fans). 

- Beat Giants, Bengals, Redskins. 

- Go 4-3 against this lineup of Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Titans, 

12 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

once in 8 years, you mean

LOSS Wk 1 at NYJ

WIN Wk 2 at NYG

WIN Wk 3 Cincy home opener

LOSS Wk 4 NE

LOSS Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

WIN Wk 7 Miami

LOSS Wk 8 Philly

WIN Wk 9 WSH

LOSS Wk 10 at CLE

WIN Wk 11 at MIA

WIN Wk 12 DEN

LOSS Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

LOSS Wk 14 BAL

LOSS Wk 15 at PIT

LOSS Wk 16 at NE

WIN Wk 17 NYJ

The typical ride to 7-9 and no playoffs.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Start winning football games and you'll see national attention..... if that's really what you care about. 

The browns have Four primetime games, and four 4:00 games. How many more football games have they won, more then the bills over the last 3 years?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If they get off to that hot start we will be flexed. Browns likely.

Week 10 has the Cowboys vs. Vikings on SNF. The bills and browns would have to both be insanely better then both of those teams, to flex out them.

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

The schedule is out if you haven’t seen this is it:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

This isnt 2018, all these games are winnable.