Bills 2019 schedule officially released

13 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Seriously, how is Dolphins at Steelers seen as a better Monday Night matchup than Bills at Steelers? Seriously, where the ***** is the logic there?

Well, it’s better for me because I fall asleep during night games.  I’d prefer all Bills games at 1:00.

I just don’t care if the rest of the nation sees the Bills play, so long as I see them.

Besides, we have a national game on Thanksgiving, and we’ll have 3 more in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Seriously, how is Dolphins at Steelers seen as a better Monday Night matchup than Bills at Steelers? Seriously, where the ***** is the logic there?

Seriously, these 2 AFC teams dominated the 70’s, appearing in 7 combined SBs, including 5 straight, winning 6 and recording the only undefeated season in League history. Seriously. ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

League reveals slate for NFL100 Game of the Week

The NFL celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019. To commemorate the notable benchmark, the NFL has 17 matchups with historical significance in mind.

Week 5 (Oct. 6): Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans, CBS

Buffalo and Tennessee captivated audiences with the Music City Miracle in the 1999 playoffs. With 16 seconds remaining in the game and the Titans facing a 16-15 deficit, fullback Lorenzo Neal fielded a short kickoff, made a move to his right, and then handed the ball off to tight end Frank Wychek. The tight end took a few steps to his right before stopping, and then turned his body to the left and threw a lateral across the field to an uncovered wide receiver Kevin Dyson, who raced 75 yards down the left sideline untouched for the game-winning touchdown

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

League reveals slate for NFL100 Game of the Week

The NFL celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019. To commemorate the notable benchmark, the NFL has 17 matchups with historical significance in mind.

Week 5 (Oct. 6): Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans, CBS

Buffalo and Tennessee captivated audiences with the Music City Miracle in the 1999 playoffs. With 16 seconds remaining in the game and the Titans facing a 16-15 deficit, fullback Lorenzo Neal fielded a short kickoff, made a move to his right, and then handed the ball off to tight end Frank Wychek. The tight end took a few steps to his right before stopping, and then turned his body to the left and threw a lateral across the field to an uncovered wide receiver Kevin Dyson, who raced 75 yards down the left sideline untouched for the game-winning touchdown

The NFL chooses to celebrate a botched call?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 4/19/2019 at 5:36 AM, skibum said:

This looks like a very favorable schedule to me - They don't even have to leave the state of NY for the first 4 weeks! There are no trips to the Pacific or Mountain time zones. 

That's the biggie for me. The Bills tend to fare very poorly on the WC. Only wins that come to mind are AZ like 7 years ago and at the Rams 2 or 3 years ago. Not only that, the WC swings potentially affect the following week. Probably not to a great degree, but I'd have to think to SOME degree. The Bronco game really stands out for me. I would fully expect an L at the Denver Broncos present Invesco Sports Authority Field at Mile High. At home, I think the Bills beat em. One game can make a huge difference for a team that could very well be a borderline playoff team.

Edited by LSHMEAB

On 4/19/2019 at 8:36 AM, skibum said:

This looks like a very favorable schedule to me - They don't even have to leave the state of NY for the first 4 weeks! There are no trips to the Pacific or Mountain time zones. Almost every game is at 1:00, which should help keep the guys in a rhythm. No road games in the notoriously tough/loud stadiums like KC or Seattle. None of the opponents really scare me the way KC, LA, LA, NO etc. do - Their best opponents were the weakest division winners of 2018. The Thursday game is Thanksgiving day, which is a nice bonus for us fans. The only thing I don't like is the early bye week. 

I'm thinking 10-6 all day long!

Aren’t our first two games in New Jersey?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's the biggie for me. The Bills tend to fare very poorly on the WC. Only wins that come to mind are AZ like 7 years ago and at the Rams 2 or 3 years ago. Not only that, the WC swings potentially affect the following week. Probably not to a great degree, but I'd have to think to SOME degree. The Bronco game really stands out for me. I would fully expect an L at the Denver Broncos present Invesco Sports Authority Field at Mile High. At home, I think the Bills beat em. One game can make a huge difference for a team that could very well be a borderline playoff team.

Bills beat the Seahawks in Seattle in 2004 and in 2000 in Flutie's last game as a Bill in driving rain in a 42-23 win in which Flutie had a perfect QB rating.

23 hours ago, The Senator said:

Well, it’s better for me because I fall asleep during night games.  I’d prefer all Bills games at 1:00.

I just don’t care if the rest of the nation sees the Bills play, so long as I see them.

Besides, we have a national game on Thanksgiving, and we’ll have 3 more in the playoffs.

i represent this post 100%%%%...give me all 1 PM games..although must say i would not mind a 4PM home game thrown in just once so's did not have to be up at 6AM

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Bills beat the Seahawks in Seattle in 2004 and in 2000 in Flutie's last game as a Bill in driving rain in a 42-23 win in which Flutie had a perfect QB rating.

Ah. I do remember Flutie's last game with Buffalo. Pretty sure it was meaningless, but fun nevertheless. That was a LONG time ago!

Maybe I'm too hung up on that Raider's debacle during Orton's run.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ah. I do remember Flutie's last game with Buffalo. Pretty sure it was meaningless, but fun nevertheless. That was a LONG time ago!

Maybe I'm too hung up on that Raider's debacle during Orton's run.

For Flutie, there is no such thing as a "meaningless game". :)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

For Flutie, there is no such thing as a "meaningless game". :)

For some odd reason, I vividly remember Chris Berman doing some schtick where he whittled down all the QB's and only Flutie was left. The Seahawks game you reference was right around Christmas so I'm sure it was a holiday theme.

And for some odd reason, I never really cared for all the attention Flutie received. It just didn't feel like the "BILLS." We'd dominate defensively, win 13-10 and the only highlight they'd show is the one great play by Doogie. I've grown up.....a little.