Bills 2019 schedule officially released

4 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's a prediction of 12-4

That means he thinks they will win that

12-4 is not achievable without a miracle

I would say greater than 50% of this hinges on Allen's development. If he has a second year leap similar to many of his peers, 12 wins is POSSIBLE. Unlikely, but possible.

Best thing about the schedule is the lack of 2000 mile road trips, but we already knew that. I get that the schedule is interesting for logistical purposes(those attending games), but it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. Win the games you play and good things will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would say greater than 50% of this hinges on Allen's development. If he has a second year leap similar to many of his peers, 12 wins is POSSIBLE. Unlikely, but possible.

Best thing about the schedule is the lack of 2000 mile road trips, but we already knew that. I get that the schedule is interesting for logistical purposes(those attending games), but it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. Win the games you play and good things will happen.

Agreed.

I said that if Allen leaps like many of his peers recently 12 is attainable, though still not likely.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agreed.

I said that if Allen leaps like many of his peers recently 12 is attainable, though still not likely.

I think really for any team even the best any more then 12 wins starts factoring in some luck and fortunate circumstances. The Chiefs really should've lost a game or two more that they squeaked out last year.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I think really for any team even the best any more then 12 wins starts factoring in some luck and fortunate circumstances. The Chiefs really should've lost a game or two more that they squeaked out last year.

Nah bro

12 wins is ez pz around here if you go through the thread ?

22 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Or won a game the Refs stole from them in the playoffs RE Brady 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agreed.

Exactly. 12 wins is uncommon, and really the domain of the league’s elite. Can the Bills make the playoffs as currently constructed ? Sure, but there is a signicant leap from “ playoff team” to 12 win division champion. When the Bills have a proven superior QB, a proven stud WR and top OL to go with a strong defense 12 wins could be realistic. Right now, it’s a long shot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. 12 wins is uncommon, and really the domain of the league’s elite. Can the Bills make the playoffs as currently constructed ? Sure, but there is a signicant leap from “ playoff team” to 12 win division champion. When the Bills have a proven superior QB, a proven stud WR and top OL to go with a strong defense 12 wins could be realistic. Right now, it’s a long shot. 

Which is why I said 12 wins was a crazy prediction.

Don't be realistic though, that gets you the "hater" moniker as people get the pitchforks and torches ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

No harm in being realistic either.

It's a thread discussing win predictions.

Making unrealistic predictions is going to get a reaction.

Maybe we can make a "safe space positive only thread" where we can give out rides on unicorns and cuddle.

maybe you should take a long walk off a short cliff. I point you out because you're right, discussing win predictions is what it is but you seem to have this issue with 12 win predictions and even go as far as to call people crazy or their kool-aide drinkers because they may see 12 wins. then go as far as to get cocky with your last sentence there, real class there mac. 

no, that will be the last word with you in this discussion, or any other for that matter.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hell bent, aren't you.

don't worry, if they don't get 12 you can come back and throw the "I told you so" dirt around.

meanwhile, no harm in believing they can.

enjoy the season

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

maybe you should take a long walk off a short cliff. I point you out because you're right, discussing win predictions is what it is but you seem to have this issue with 12 win predictions and even go as far as to call people crazy or their kool-aide drinkers because they may see 12 wins. then go as far as to get cocky with your last sentence there, real class there mac. 

no, that will be the last word with you in this discussion, or any other for that matter.

Rude.

Telling someone to walk off a cliff.

12 wins is an elite threshold.

You didn't point out I was right though.

You actually, in a condescending way, told me that I could come back to throw around I told you so dirt.

I re-quoted your post, in case you forgot.

You basically, as I said, seem like you need a safe space for people pointing out that 12 is an unrealistic prediction.

5 hours ago, eball said:

The road to recovery for BBFS sufferers is a long one, my friend...

I disagree. I think it happens pretty quickly if the team starts winning ten games with a modicum of regularity and maybe even a playoff game or two.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Maybe we can make a "safe space positive only thread" where we can give out rides on unicorns and cuddle.

open mouth, insert foot.

Nah.

You gave a rude response so I pointed it out.

My point still stands that people get sensitive and defensive when somebody points out unrealistic expectations.

20 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Nah.

You gave a rude response so I pointed it out.

My point still stands that people get sensitive and defensive when somebody points out unrealistic expectations.

I don't think I need to be sensitive or defensive to point out that it would not take a "miracle" to win 12 games.  That point doesn't stand.

50 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Not for nothing, but I believe the expression is “take a long walk off a short pier”

maybe you meant”why don’t you go jump off a cliff”?

anyway...

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!  ???

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I don't think I need to be sensitive or defensive to point out that it would not take a "miracle" to win 12 games.  That point doesn't stand.

So you're saying that 12 wins is easily attainable and wouldn't need a miracle?

Got it.

I'll see you after the season when we don't have 12 wins and this place is full of excuses why.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

So you're saying that 12 wins is easily attainable and wouldn't need a miracle?

Got it.

I'll see you after the season when we don't have 12 wins and this place is full of excuses why.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying...  The very next step after "easily attainable" is a miracle...

• Like (+1) 1