Bills 2019 schedule officially released

43 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm not rooting for a bad season by the way

But I'm also trying to be realistic in my expectations

Pounding chest goes both ways, both for and against the team.

Screaming at people who think 12 win predictions is crazy is just as bad.

People think that being realistic in expectations means you are against the team.

Do you think it encourages productive conversation to call someone "crazy" who thinks the Bills could win 12 games?  It's an optimistic prediction, sure, but where are the five "certain" losses in your estimation?  If we ignore the Pats*** and look at the other 14 games, there's not a single one for which I couldn't come up with a reasonable scenario for the Bills to win.  It's all a matter of whether you think things will go their way or not.  I think most fans would concede it is more likely than not the Bills won't win 12, but if you look at the way they ended last season and all of the moves they have made, a significant improvement from last year's six wins is also likely -- particularly given a more favorable schedule.

This is just my own $.02, but I think a reasonable range of W-L expectations for the Bills this season is anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4.  If they win fewer than that something has gone wrong -- either Allen regressed, there were too many injuries, or the coaching stunk.  Seeing as how McD got 9-7 out of a roster that had less talent than this one I'm optimistic about the prospects.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Compared to last season, yes.  IMO it is impressive. 

there were a lot of people predicting 4 wins max.  just like the experts at ESPN and CBS Sports HBO's Inside the NFL etc etc

Watch GMFB and see the love Josh Allen is getting from all 4 on that crew.  

its not just us "crazy" fans on a message board.  

What ever happened to the guy who bet $5,000 and lost ... 

he disappeared from the board. 

I hope he didn't suffer to badly from it 

His wife kicked him out and he does not have access to internet.

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Do you think it encourages productive conversation to call someone "crazy" who thinks the Bills could win 12 games?  It's an optimistic prediction, sure, but where are the five "certain" losses in your estimation?  If we ignore the Pats*** and look at the other 14 games, there's not a single one for which I couldn't come up with a reasonable scenario for the Bills to win.  It's all a matter of whether you think things will go their way or not.  I think most fans would concede it is more likely than not the Bills won't win 12, but if you look at the way they ended last season and all of the moves they have made, a significant improvement from last year's six wins is also likely -- particularly given a more favorable schedule.

This is just my own $.02, but I think a reasonable range of W-L expectations for the Bills this season is anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4.  If they win fewer than that something has gone wrong -- either Allen regressed, there were too many injuries, or the coaching stunk.  Seeing as how McD got 9-7 out of a roster that had less talent than this one I'm optimistic about the prospects.

I think 6-10 to 10-6 is a more reasonable range

12 is an absolutely crazy prediction

Can you be hopeful for that?

Sure.

I also can say that I think the Giants will go 15-1 because sure, why not?

There are reasonable predictions and there are outlandish ones

A prediction of 12 wins being most likely for Buffalo is outlandish.

Could it happen?

Yep.

Will it happen? 

Most likely no.

49 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I never said they'll win 12. I wont say they wont either because well, I have no idea so making a $1,000 bet either way to me, is stupid.

but, I will say that I have a real good feeling they win more than 10, so that could be 11, 12, or 13. anyone going lower than 10 is living with low expectations and if they choose to feel that way all I can say is,  try and enjoy the season because it's going to be one hell of a ride!!

Winning 10 will be a good season and I'd be thrilled with that

• Thank you (+1) 1

Completely agree with eball. We have an easier schedule, Allen looked good at the end of last year, so he should progress some more. More talent has been added to the roster already. There is no reason to believe we will have less than 8 wins.

Now looking at the other teams, until proven otherwise, I will always say we lose 2 games to the Pats. But the other games I see no automatic losses like we have in previous years. Not sure when Cleveland became a powerhouse in everyone's eyes, they'll be good but to count that game as an automatic loss is an insult to the Bills. Pittsburgh is no longer the dominant team they were 3 -4 years ago. Baltimore? Are we seriously that afraid of Jackson? Philly will be a tough game, but at home, not really sure how great Wentz is, we have a decent chance at that game. When did we become afraid of Dallas, Prescott hasn't looked that great to me, stop the run and we have a shot on Thanksgiving.

I'm not saying we win all 14 non-Pats games, but we have a chance to win any of those games. Again, I don't see how we lose more than 8, I believe we go about 10-6 and squeak into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

maybe not the Ravens game but the other two very possible.

the Love I spoke of 

And that mahomes type leap would make 12 a possibility

I would love to eat my words and win 12+

Betting on it though I would not

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I don't really care about the Primetime games, maybe being the only team without one and having everybody talking about it will give them some extra motivation to kick some ass. Who knows, it might put a chip on their shoulder and bring them together as a team.

Hard not to see it as shade in any case, being the only team.

I don't see how Thanksgiving Day , 430 against "Americas Team" isn't considered Primetime? 

That's as Primetime as it gets, all eyeballs nationally will be watching that game! 

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think 6-10 to 10-6 is a more reasonable range

12 is an absolutely crazy prediction

Can you be hopeful for that?

Sure.

I also can say that I think the Giants will go 15-1 because sure, why not?

There are reasonable predictions and there are outlandish ones

A prediction of 12 wins being most likely for Buffalo is outlandish.

Could it happen?

Yep.

Will it happen? 

Most likely no.

Winning 10 will be a good season and I'd be thrilled with that

Yeah, umm, I think you just don't get it.  Calling someone "crazy" for something that isn't at all "crazy" isn't the way to go about this.

And by the way, I'm interested in your rationale for 6-10 when the Bills had that record last year with a rookie QB, a less talented team, and harder schedule.  If we're talking about crazy....

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't see how Thanksgiving Day , 430 against "Americas Team" isn't considered Primetime? 

That's as Primetime as it gets, all eyeballs nationally will be watching that game! 

Because by ignoring the fact the Bills will play in the single biggest TV game of the season, and instead focusing on the strict definition of 'Primetime', it allows us to keep whining about Buffalo being disrespected!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, umm, I think you just don't get it.  Calling someone "crazy" for something that isn't at all "crazy" isn't the way to go about this.

And by the way, I'm interested in your rationale for 6-10 when the Bills had that record last year with a rookie QB, a less talented team, and harder schedule.  If we're talking about crazy....

Assuming 12 wins is a crazy and outlandish prediction no matter which way you slice it.

(Sorry I posted before answering the second half)

Going to rate the games as:
Win
Loss
50/50

@nyj - 50/50
@nyg - win
Bengals - win
Pats - loss
@ten - 50/50
BYE WK 6
Mia - win
Philly - loss
Redskins - 50/50
@browns - loss
@mia - loss
Broncos - 50/50
@cowboys - loss
Ravens - win
@Steelers - loss
@pats - loss
NYJ - win

That's my rationale with 6 being the floor and 10 being the ceiling.

Edited by SouthNYfan
Added second half
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Assuming 12 wins is a crazy and outlandish prediction no matter which way you slice it.

And who, exactly, did that?  The post that got you all hot and bothered said "12-4 is achievable."

1 minute ago, eball said:

And who, exactly, did that?  The post that got you all hot and bothered said "12-4 is achievable."

That's a prediction of 12-4

That means he thinks they will win that

12-4 is not achievable without a miracle

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

That's a prediction of 12-4

That means he thinks they will win that

12-4 is not achievable without a miracle

:doh:

I'm done here.  Some things just aren't worth the effort.

• Like (+1) 1