Bills 2019 schedule officially released

19 minutes ago, eball said:

So if you crave primetime games you hate the schedule.  If you actually care about whether or not the Bills win football games I think you have to like this schedule.  Sure, they open on the road X2 but those are both very winnable games -- and then they get 5 of 6 at home!  That's a dream first half schedule and gives them an opportunity to put the league on notice.  Thanksgiving is a de facto prime time game, anyway.

I see very good things happening for the Bills this season.

i was jacked when I saw the schedule yesterday, but no so much anymore..but that's only due to my travel schedule and how many games I can make. 

The 3 game stretch week 3-5 is tough..home opener, Pats, Titans. 

Home Opener--Have to be there

Pats - Traditional Boys weekend 

Titans_ Designated Travel game this year fro the crew

But that is three weekends in row spending lots o money

Then you move to the 3 home games in a row...thats a hard lift when ya live an 8-hour drive away and flights just don't get ya there much faster.

So for now my for sure games 

Bengals

Titans

Eagles( lots of Eagle fan friends coming, they pumped for the Orchard Park Experience)

Broncos

Steelers( son going to WVU this fall)

The good thing is I don't think will eat the tickets cant make this year as I have in past years

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

in bold  --   The same should apply to Mayfield.  Still an unknown.

On paper the Browns look "good". but paper doesn't play the games. 

Losses @NE*, Dallas and two others on the road 

Philly game is in Blo.   thats why I gave ti 50/50. What about Wentz's injury history?

of course it is.

A guy can dream

And it could happen.

Also - Look here .. you will see a lot of 10 + predictions

A lot of 10+ win predictions on a fan manage board?

Every freaking team board has that.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it is what it is.

Mayfield has proven more than Allen and darnold at this point, whether you like to admit that or not.

You have us going 5-1 vs the AFC East.

That's a pretty ridiculous that you think we will sweep the Jets and Miami and split with the pats.

Who else do you have us beating??

I think our floor is 6 wins and ceiling is about 9 or 10.

Winning 12 games is very tough.

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Take away the Nate Peterman game(s) and the Derrick Anderson fiasco games and last season could have had 3 extra wins. Not to mention McDermott taking over he play calling on defense halfway through week 2.

those 3 wins could have been a WC spot

You can't assume that those are automatic wins.

13 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Look at all those games that are "Subject to flex"

Yes.  I think the NFL looks for game which has the most out of area ticket buyers and then in last week moves that game causing maximum impact to game goers and funnels more money to advertisers like airlines.

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i was jacked when I saw the schedule yesterday, but no so much anymore..but that's only due to my travel schedule and how many games I can make. 

The 3 game stretch week 3-5 is tough..home opener, Pats, Titans. 

Home Opener--Have to be there

Pats - Traditional Boys weekend 

Titans_ Designated Travel game this year fro the crew

But that is three weekends in row spending lots o money

Then you move to the 3 home games in a row...thats a hard lift when ya live an 8-hour drive away and flights just don't get ya there much faster.

So for now my for sure games 

Bengals

Titans

Eagles( lots of Eagle fan friends coming, they pumped for the Orchard Park Experience)

Broncos

Steelers( son going to WVU this fall)

The good thing is I don't think will eat the tickets cant make this year as I have in past years

Fear not with the money, we will put our heads together once college football opens & we will make some money betting the games.  Those 3 trips will be covered with the money you make if you follow my lead Labor day weekend with CF.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Dammit...3 weekends that wouldn’t have worked for me to do the Nashville game, and of course it’s one of those. These A holes really need to consult me before they schedule this stuff...

I am sure they know which weekends are good for you and scheduled to ensure you could not rally Bills fans.  Don't you feel special?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and Pittsburgh ‘ain’t squat neither’. Couldn’t make the playoffs with Bell, so how can they without Bell AND AB? Rapelessberger is a chump and Tomlin is weak. 

All things considered, this is one of the easiest schedules we’ve had in years. Expectations should be high.

Very high. I can’t wait!

11 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You have money to put up?

I'll bet you $1,000 we don't win 12 games this regular season.

If you're going to talk the talk

Let's walk the walk.

No joke.

always good to see a bills fan bet against it's team with such certainty.

you could be right, but pounding your chest over it is kind of over the top there. 

personally I'd love to see you lose.

no, I'm not that stupid to bet $1,000 they do get 12 wins anymore than I would be stupid enough to bet against them.

have fun with it though

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

So if you crave primetime games you hate the schedule.  If you actually care about whether or not the Bills win football games I think you have to like this schedule.  Sure, they open on the road X2 but those are both very winnable games -- and then they get 5 of 6 at home!  That's a dream first half schedule and gives them an opportunity to put the league on notice.  Thanksgiving is a de facto prime time game, anyway.

I see very good things happening for the Bills this season.

Agreed. I crave primetime and think it is BS we have zero national exposure. In terms of W/L's while I wish we were home week 1 or 2,  the first 12 weeks the Bills have a substantial chance to really set themselves up to be in a strong position for the playoffs. After last years crap with like no home games the first two months, the schedule makers were farr kinder and the lack of december home games is fantastic.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

A lot of 10+ win predictions on a fan manage board?

Every freaking team board has that.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it is what it is.

Mayfield has proven more than Allen and darnold at this point, whether you like to admit that or not.

You have us going 5-1 vs the AFC East.

That's a pretty ridiculous that you think we will sweep the Jets and Miami and split with the pats.

Who else do you have us beating??

I think our floor is 6 wins and ceiling is about 9 or 10.

Winning 12 games is very tough.

You can't assume that those are automatic wins.

Compared to last season, yes.  IMO it is impressive. 

there were a lot of people predicting 4 wins max.  just like the experts at ESPN and CBS Sports HBO's Inside the NFL etc etc

Watch GMFB and see the love Josh Allen is getting from all 4 on that crew.  

its not just us "crazy" fans on a message board.  

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you could be right, but pounding your chest over it is kind of over the top there. 

no, I'm not that stupid to bet $1,000 they do get 12 wins anymore than I would be stupid enough to bet against them.

have fun with it though

GO BILLS!!!

What ever happened to the guy who bet $5,000 and lost ... 

he disappeared from the board. 

I hope he didn't suffer to badly from it 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Compared to last season, yes.  IMO it is impressive. 

there were a lot of people predicting 4 wins max.  just like the experts at ESPN and CBS Sports HBO's Inside the NFL etc etc

Watch GMFB and see the love Josh Allen is getting from all 4 on that crew.  

its not just us "crazy" fans on a message board.  

Saying this is a 12 win team (unless you assume Allen makes a year 2 leap like wentz/Goff) is absolutely crazy.

Last I checked we had a bunch of people predicting us having 10+ last season also on this board.

What did we finish with?

Did you forget that??

That's a lot closer to 4 than it is to 10.

We made some nice off-season moves, and Allen might improve a lot, which I would love.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Saying this is a 12 win team (unless you assume Allen makes a year 2 leap like wentz/Goff) is absolutely crazy.

Last I checked we had a bunch of people predicting us having 10+ last season also on this board.

What did we finish with?

Did you forget that??

That's a lot closer to 4 than it is to 10.

We made some nice off-season moves, and Allen might improve a lot, which I would love.

Call me crazy, I'm OK with that.   

That doesn't mean I'm stupid and don't know squat about football. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

have fun with it though

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not rooting for a bad season by the way

But I'm also trying to be realistic in my expectations

Pounding chest goes both ways, both for and against the team.

Screaming at people who think 12 win predictions is crazy is just as bad.

People think that being realistic in expectations means you are against the team.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Call me crazy, I'm OK with that.   

That doesn't mean I'm stupid and don't know squat about football. 

Nobody called your stupid or said you know nothing about football, but calling this a 12 win, unless you assume Allen makes that leap, speaks for itself in regards to blind homerism.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Bills had 3 games with Peterman and Anderson playing.  

6 + 3 = 9 wins 

I didn't know Josh Allen would definitely go 3-0

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Nobody called your stupid or said you know nothing about football, but calling this a 12 win, unless you assume Allen makes that leap, speaks for itself in regards to blind homerism.

I didn't know Josh Allen would definitely go 3-0

maybe not the Ravens game but the other two very possible.

the Love I spoke of 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Senator said:

I’m not real happy with first two games on the road or a bye after 5 weeks, but generally I agree - we should be 3-0 when New England comes to town.

Also, I realize we’re not playing the NFC North this season, but it seems like we should be playing Detroit on Thanksgiving ?

If it was at someone good and at someone on the west coast, I'd agree.  But two games close to home, in the same stadium, against non-playoff teams is about as gentle a start as you can ask for.   I'd rather save the home games for later in the year.

Thanksgiving is already my favorite holiday.....I can't wait for that game.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm not rooting for a bad season by the way

But I'm also trying to be realistic in my expectations

Pounding chest goes both ways, both for and against the team.

Screaming at people who think 12 win predictions is crazy is just as bad.

People think that being realistic in expectations means you are against the team.

I never said they'll win 12. I wont say they wont either because well, I have no idea so making a $1,000 bet either way to me, is stupid.

but, I will say that I have a real good feeling they win more than 10, so that could be 11, 12, or 13. anyone going lower than 10 is living with low expectations and if they choose to feel that way all I can say is,  try and enjoy the season because it's going to be one hell of a ride!!

• Like (+1) 2