Bills 2019 schedule officially released

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not overly excited about the logistics of the Thanksgiving game.

That game starts at 11:30 AM for me and we always go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. We also always bring a dish. So we'll have to cook and then dinner usually starts at 1 or so.

So basically, the Bills game is scheduled to coincide with all the family crap, which I need to likely be present for. And my wife's family has literally NEVER watched a Bills game with me, so I need to control myself.

The Thanksgiving game sounds appealing at first, not so much for me.

Plus, the week I'm scheduled to come back to visit WNY has one away game followed by a bye.

Boo.

The NFL schedule makers really weren’t thinking. Hope they make it up to you next year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Wow, I just went through the league schedule

and I am pretty sure the Bills are the only team without any Thursday/Sunday/Monday prime games.  That’s unreal. Even small market teams like Tampa and Jacksonville have at least one game.  All the teams with worst records last year have prime time games.  Teams that haven’t made the playoffs in recent years also have them.  The arguement that the Bills haven’t warrant enough to earn these games or that they are a small market team is BS.  

There are 10 teams that got 5 or more; Jackson, Darnold, and Mayfield got 10 combined. The Bills are the only team with 0. Kay was just giving the league **** about it on GMFB and pulled out a signed Josh Allen jersey he had sent her.

Edited by Turk71

28 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Wow, I just went through the league schedule

and I am pretty sure the Bills are the only team without any Thursday/Sunday/Monday prime games.  That’s unreal. Even small market teams like Tampa and Jacksonville have at least one game.  All the teams with worst records last year have prime time games.  Teams that haven’t made the playoffs in recent years also have them.  The arguement that the Bills haven’t warrant enough to earn these games or that they are a small market team is BS.  

That’s correct, they are the only team without a scheduled prime time game. They do have a showcase game on thanksgiving and can play their way into a Prime time game on Sat night vs NE (it is 1 of 5 games that can be flexed). I anticipate they will put the best matchup Sat night prime time. If the Bills are in the playoff race in December and the Pats don’t fall off this year, that has a good chance of happening.

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

So..we win the division?

The Bills will have improved on Offense.  

They had have a top 5 defense.  I can see the Bills starting out 6-0.

12-4 is achievable 

@Jets - Darnold doesn't scare me. 

@Giants - Eli should have retired 2 years ago and no OBJ

Cincy - may be falling down with their FO changes and may not be up to speed in week 3 in the rowdy New Era stadium. 

NE* - The Bills should be able to win at home 

@Titans - Mariota or Gabbert?  Again not worried about either QB

Miami - Fitzmagic.  By the time the Bills play them will Fitz still be the QB? 

Eagles - This one is iffy.  50/50

Skins -  Who's their QB?  No one I'd worry about 

@Browns - Mayfield has headcases to deal with,  yes IMO that may have a negative effect on a 2nd yr QB.

@Miami - Fitzmagic.  By the time the Bills play them will Fitz still be the QB? 

Denver - Flacco and what defense? 

@Boys - this is also a 50/50 

Ravens - Lamar is Tyrod 2.0 and that's still not good enough. Couple that with the losses they have on defense

@Steelers - Have been on the downswing. the only question is whether their fall continues with all losses on the O. 

@NE* - The Bills should be able to split and win at home 

Jets - Darnold doesn't scare me. 

Strength of schedule: 24th, .480

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Browns to be featured in four prime-time games

If the fairy tale comes true the Browns will win. Or we just might see the personalities brought in explode. 

The Browns will open their prime-time schedule in Week 2 at the New York Jets on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

In Week 3, they will host the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday Night Football (NBC).

In Week 5, they'll play on Monday night at the San Francisco 49ers.

Finally, they'll host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday night in Week 11.

2-2  Both the Rams and 49ers should win. 

Well this schedule already started a fight with my wife this morning.  We always go to her cousins for Thanksgiving.  I hate it.  I told her this morning  this year since the Bills are playing right when we have dinner over her cousins house I am just going to stay at my house for Thanksgiving this year.  She said well "me & the kids are going to my cousins."  To which my 15 year old son said "mom I am out too, I am staying home with dad."  Well that is all she needed to hear.  She went off on me & I supposed she won't be talking to me this Easter weekend.  As I was driving to work I made plans with a few of my friends to go to South Beach to catch the Bills/Miami game on the 17th.  I will wait a few months to I break the news to her about that.  

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Bills will have improved on Offense.  

They had have a top 5 defense.  I can see the Bills starting out 6-0.

12-4 is achievable 

@Giants - Eli should have retired 2 years ago and no OBJ

Cincy - may be falling down with their FO changes and may not be up to speed in week 3 in the rowdy New Era stadium. 

NE* - The Bills should be able to win at home 

@Titans - Mariota or Gabbert?  Again not worried about either QB

Miami - Fitzmagic.  By the time the Bills play them will Fitz still be the QB? 

Eagles - This one is iffy.  50/50

Skins -  Who's their QB?  No one I'd worry about 

@Browns - Mayfield has headcases to deal with,  yes IMO that may have a negative effect on a 2nd yr QB.

@Miami - Fitzmagic.  By the time the Bills play them will Fitz still be the QB? 

Denver - Flacco and what defense? 

@Boys - this is also a 50/50 

Ravens - Lamar is Tyrod 2.0 and that's still not good enough. Couple that with the losses they have on defense

@Steelers - Have been on the downswing. the only question is whether their fall continues with all losses on the O. 

NE* - The Bills should be able to split and win at home 

Strength of schedule: 24th, .480

Strength of schedule doesn't take into account off-season personnel changes so I don't always listen to that

Eagles at 50/50 though?

I definitely wouldn't say that.

I would assume a loss.

Fitz scares me because we could go 2-0 or 0-2.

Cowboys I don't think is a 50/50 but we can agree to disagree there.

Skins are a 50/50 to me with an improved defense, and Keenum is a coin flip... He could be Minnesota Keenum or Denver Keenum

Broncos are a disaster so I'm good with you there ?

Browns I'm torn on, if they click they are crazy good, but they could explode quickly

Jets are solid, but darnold is a huge unknown, but so is Allen

I'm not sure where 12-4 comes from man

I love the optimism but realistically we are looking at 6-7 "should" wins, probably 6 "should lose" and 4 coinflips

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

I'm happy with he schedule. I personally also enjoy the routine of football Sunday. 

Go Bills!

Most importantly , so do the players. It's actually a little advantage. 

I don't understand why they give so many teams 4-5 Primetime gms though. Usually a couple fall off, making for boring, useless gms

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills defense were more like bottom 10 against the run the last 6 weeks or so of the season..... and their offense was HISTORICALLY bad before improving to just bad after the Peterman fiasco ended.

Really depends on Allen and how quickly the offensive line gels and if guys like Edmunds can step up early.

6-0 start? That's ridiculously high expectations. I would be happy if they can just beat the Jets opening day in what will be a tough game.

Agreed.

6-0 means we won @jets @titans and home Patriots
That's just absurd homerism.

I'm all for optimism but pulling 12 wins from that schedule means we need to have legion of boom 2.0 and Allen to be possessed by the ghost of early 90s Jim Kelly 

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Strength of schedule doesn't take into account off-season personnel changes so I don't always listen to that

Eagles at 50/50 though?

I definitely wouldn't say that.

I would assume a loss.

Fitz scares me because we could go 2-0 or 0-2.

Cowboys I don't think is a 50/50 but we can agree to disagree there.

Skins are a 50/50 to me with an improved defense, and Keenum is a coin flip... He could be Minnesota Keenum or Denver Keenum

Broncos are a disaster so I'm good with you there ?

Browns I'm torn on, if they click they are crazy good, but they could explode quickly

Jets are solid, but darnold is a huge unknown, but so is Allen

I'm not sure where 12-4 comes from man

I love the optimism but realistically we are looking at 6-7 "should" wins, probably 6 "should lose" and 4 coinflips

in bold  --   The same should apply to Mayfield.  Still an unknown.

On paper the Browns look "good". but paper doesn't play the games. 

Losses @NE*, Dallas and two others on the road 

Philly game is in Blo.   thats why I gave ti 50/50. What about Wentz's injury history?

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agreed.

6-0 means we won @jets @titans and home Patriots
That's just absurd homerism.

I'm all for optimism but pulling 12 wins from that schedule means we need to have legion of boom 2.0 and Allen to be possessed by the ghost of early 90s Jim Kelly 

of course it is.

A guy can dream

And it could happen.

Also - Look here .. you will see a lot of 10 + predictions

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

in bold  --   The same should apply to Mayfield.  Still an unknown.

On paper the Browns look "good". but paper doesn't play the games. 

Losses @NE*, Dallas and two others on the road 

Philly game is in Blo.   thats why I gave ti 50/50. What about Wentz's injury history?

of course it is.

A guy can dream

And it could happen.

Also - Look here .. you will see a lot of 10 + predictions

^^^^what @ShadyBillsFan said. Just to LAMP a bit (while waiting for the anesthesia to take in the dentist chair this AM, yeah!) I ran a poll after the Miami game to gauge how many games the Bills would need to win in 2019 to be considered a step forward, and most responses hovered around 10 reg season wins and/or WC game victory. Now post FA, I don’t have any doubts this is more than possible and not Homerism; we are objectively better than the end of 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

So if you crave primetime games you hate the schedule.  If you actually care about whether or not the Bills win football games I think you have to like this schedule.  Sure, they open on the road X2 but those are both very winnable games -- and then they get 5 of 6 at home!  That's a dream first half schedule and gives them an opportunity to put the league on notice.  Thanksgiving is a de facto prime time game, anyway.

I see very good things happening for the Bills this season.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Most importantly , so do the players. It's actually a little advantage. 

I don't understand why they give so many teams 4-5 Primetime gms though. Usually a couple fall off, making for boring, useless gms

I don't really care about the Primetime games, maybe being the only team without one and having everybody talking about it will give them some extra motivation to kick some ass. Who knows, it might put a chip on their shoulder and bring them together as a team.

Hard not to see it as shade in any case, being the only team.

Just now, Turk71 said:

I don't really care about the Primetime games, maybe being the only team without one and having everybody talking about it will give them some extra motivation to kick some ass. Who knows, it might put a chip on their shoulder and bring them together as a team.

Hard not to see it as shade in any case, being the only team.

This.  While primetime games throw off a team's routine to a certain extent, the players enjoy being in the spotlight.  You can bet they will use "they think we're not good enough to be given a primetime game" to their advantage.

Every little edge helps.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

^^^^what @ShadyBillsFan said. Just to LAMP a bit (while waiting for the anesthesia to take in the dentist chair this AM, yeah!) I ran a poll after the Miami game to gauge how many games the Bills would need to win in 2019 to be considered a step forward, and most responses hovered around 10 reg season wins and/or WC game victory. Now post FA, I don’t have any doubts this is more than possible and not Homerism; we are objectively better than the end of 2018.

Take away the Nate Peterman game(s) and the Derrick Anderson fiasco games and last season could have had 3 extra wins. Not to mention McDermott taking over he play calling on defense halfway through week 2.

those 3 wins could have been a WC spot

• Thank you (+1) 1

The primetime games I've seen almost all look like brutally bad one sided matchups.  Things can fluctuate wildly from year to year but it seems there's an overwhelming amount of bad big market teams on in prime time games that people will be turning off mid 2nd quarter.