Bills 2019 schedule officially released

54 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I need to check my dollar store calendar.

Is that the one with 8 days in a week and 32 days in February? 

47 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I would say it's technically a 'prime time' game because it's the only game on and going to the entire nation; however, I view Thanksgiving games in a similar way that I do the Super Bowl. While diehards like me and the posters on this board will watch regardless, a large portion of the audience will have the game on in the background, not paying strict attention to it due to socializing and mingling with family and friends. It's just part of the tradition and ambiance of the day. Cool but not must watch. With Sunday Night and Monday Night games, the focus is strictly on football.

Thanksgiving games for me always felt like exhibition games, even though they count. Maybe because the Bills rarely played that day. And the whole 6-legged turkey thing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

NYC in the fall is amazing. East Rutherford, New Jersey? Not so much. It always sucks there. 

Why?  It's just a parking lot.

A quick run through the schedule and it looks like the only time we play a team coming off a rest is when we play the Redskins at home in Week 9.  The Skins play the Thursday night game the week before.  Other than that, we don't play a single team this season coming off their bye week. 

Gotta like that!

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 8

Sorry if anyone has posted this already.

I went through the Bills schedule comparing the rest the Bills had each week vs the rest their opponent had.  This was easy because except for the Thanksgiving game the Bills games are all at 1 pm.  I scored 1 point if the other team had a 4:25 pm game the previous Sunday, 2 pts if the other team had SNF game, 3 pts if one team had a Thursday night game (10 days rest) and 4 pts for a team coming off a bye.  

The Bills have only one game against a team with more rest:  the Skins who have a Thursday night game the previous week (-3 pts)

The Bills play 5 games where the other team played the 4:25 pm game the previous week (1 pt each)

The Bills play 1 game against a team that played the 8:20 pm game the previous week (Eagles) (2 pts)

The Bills play 1 game against a team after the Bills play a Thursday night game the previous week (Ravens) (3 pts)

The Bills come off their bye playing the Dolphins who had a game the previous week (4 pts)

Total +11.  

I'm not going to figure this score for the other teams in the league, but this has to be one of the best scores in the league.  Plus the farthest west they have to travel all season is Dallas.  The have no 3 game road trips.  

I see 6-2 at home (losses to Patriots and Ravens) and 4-4 on the road (losses to Titans, Browns, Steelers, and Patriots).  10-6, wildcard, Browns in the SB.

Edited by Utah John
stupid
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like that it’s reasonably fan friendly relative to the cold and tailgating.  Just two home games in the last 5 weeks.  Last couple years have been a bit much to handle with the backend home loads in the cold.  But I’m a wuss with little body fat.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Disappointing 

The special teams improved on paper.Morse was a well needed upgrade in the middle...and Beasley was a great addition.

Keep in mind,other teams have made positive upgrades as well.

You know how it is...if you want the playoffs,be above .500 against division opponents..and go at least 6-2 in home games.

Playoffs