Bills 2019 schedule officially released

Was hoping for a MNF game. Thanksgiving is cool, Pats on a Sat. maybe? Weird, when are they gonna finalize that? Both on the road though. The stretch at the end looks challenging, but it's hard to tell how good teams are gonna be this year. A later bye would have been nice, or a home game before week 3. 

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yeah I feel getting the Thanksgiving game gives a team more eyeballs then any other regular season game.. And to give us the Cowboys , Americas Team on Thanksgiving , the league is kinda showing us love. They know Cowboys on Thanksgiving is a gold mine for the NFL. They must think highly of Buffalo

Unrelated to this post but to your avatar...

Still upset about that 2012 opener.  Hopefully this year makes up for it!

• Like (+1) 1

That is an about as good a schedule as you can hope for.

Third easiest schedule in the league (supposedly), open with two on the road but they're in the same stadium, BIG stretch of home games after that, a Turkey Day game, no prime time games, and our division rival games are all spaced pretty evenly apart. The ONLY nit I could pick with our schedule is that the bye week is too early.

In the end, I just feel bad for the Bills players: They have to spend the first two weeks of the season in NEW JERSEY. Yuck. ?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

That is an about as good a schedule as you can hope for.

Third easiest schedule in the league (supposedly), open with two on the road but they're in the same stadium, BIG stretch of home games after that, a Turkey Day game, no prime time games, and our division rival games are all spaced pretty evenly apart. The ONLY nit I could pick with our schedule is that the bye week is too early.

In the end, I just feel bad for the Bills players: They have to spend the first two weeks of the season in NEW JERSEY. Yuck. ?

I agree. About as good as you could hope. Losing at Dallas is the most guaranteed result. But then they get 10 days for the Ravens which could be the deciding game for the playoffs due to tiebreakers. 

Rough schedule down the stretch but if Pittsburgh falls apart early they could be a true disaster late in the season.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I wish the NFL would schedule Thanksgiving games after teams bye weeks. Especially when the away team has to fly halfway across the country. Idiots!!! The Bills finally get a turkey day game, but still somehow take it in the pooper from the league.

Cowboys play at New England week before if it makes you feel any better.

Edited by Doc Brown

One thing I notice is that of the opposing head coaches of Buffalo's first three opponents, two are in their first year coaching their new teams and one is in his second year.  That's kind of a good news bad news scenario.  The good news is the Jets and Bengals are still going to be learning their offensive and defensive schemes.  The bad news is Buffalo's coordinators won't have a lot of game tape to analyze for their game planning.  Pat Shurmer is in only his second year with the Giants, and his debut last season was pretty bad.  Unless something happens in the draft or there is a late trade, he will be stuck with the same QB (Eli Manning) who has struggled for the last several seasons.  Adam Gase is a known commodity for Buffalo.  The personnel will be different, but we know the offense he'll run.  Gregg Williams, he DC is also a known commodity.  We know the kind of defense he'll run.  In any case, there won't be much of an excuse if Buffalo comes out and starts their season poorly this fall.

• Like (+1) 2