Bills 2019 schedule officially released

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Unless I am mistaken we only catch the Redskins with an extended preparation period.  Someone listened to our just complaints.  

We get Ravens after our bye.

I like that trade off. If you have to catch an opponent with extended prep, its better to be an NFC opponent. And it’s nice to catch an AFC opponent after a bye as well. 

Something else I love - Lamar Jackson vs Sean McDermott, at home in December with Buffalo having a winning record.. I think our defense and croed overwhelm him. 

Same with Jets Week 17. If we're 9-6 or something , New Era is going to be nuts! Brutal environment for Darnold . 

Way to early prediction - 10-6

• Like (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/17/bills-not-scheduled-for-any-primetime-games-in-2019/

Can someone please explain to me how Thanksgiving against Dallas isn't considered primetime? It's always the most watched game of the year.

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Something else I love - Lamar Jackson vs Sean McDermott, at home in December with Buffalo having a winning record.. I think our defense and croed overwhelm him. 

Same with Jets Week 17. If we're 9-6 or something , New Era is going to be nuts! Brutal environment for Darnold . 

Way to early prediction - 10-6

If both teams are 9-6, there is a chance it could be a win and in situation which means a flex to Sunday night.

Ugh, I have to adjust my pants all of the sudden.

2 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/17/bills-not-scheduled-for-any-primetime-games-in-2019/

Can someone please explain to me how Thanksgiving against Dallas isn't considered primetime? It's always the most watched game of the year.

If both teams are 9-6, there is a chance it could be a win and in situation which means a flex to Sunday night.

Prime time is considered a night game - 8pm or later. Nationally televised games are a different category which thanksgiving at 4:30 falls into.

3 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Yeah I feel getting the Thanksgiving game gives a team more eyeballs then any other regular season game.. And to give us the Cowboys , Americas Team on Thanksgiving , the league is kinda showing us love. They know Cowboys on Thanksgiving is a gold mine for the NFL. They must think highly of Buffalo

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I would say it's technically a 'prime time' game because it's the only game on and going to the entire nation; however, I view Thanksgiving games in a similar way that I do the Super Bowl. While diehards like me and the posters on this board will watch regardless, a large portion of the audience will have the game on in the background, not paying strict attention to it due to socializing and mingling with family and friends. It's just part of the tradition and ambiance of the day. Cool but not must watch. With Sunday Night and Monday Night games, the focus is strictly on football.

38 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I wish the NFL would schedule Thanksgiving games after teams bye weeks. Especially when the away team has to fly halfway across the country. Idiots!!! The Bills finally get a turkey day game, but still somehow take it in the pooper from the league.

Well, Dallas and Detroit always play on Thanksgiving, and they are always the home teams, so their opponents are always going to have to travel.  At least Buffalo has a home game the Sunday prior..  The good news is they will get a mini-bye (long week) before they play the Ravens.  The Ravens are home versus the 49ers the week prior to their Buffalo tilt.