AJ Green to Jets Trade rumor chatter on Twitter

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not pissing on anyone's Wheaties.

A division rival stepping up and trading for a guy like Green to help out their young QB would be a bad look for the Bills who need a guy like Green.... more so then the Jets.

Think about it LOGICALLY. ?

I’d welcome the trade.  Anderson has killed us, and i’d love to see the Jests lose the 3d overall pick.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, mannc said:

Has Lee been disappointing?  He’s had some good games vs the Bills...

No way they pick up his 5th yr option imo, might as well get something for him . Drug problem doesn’t help either. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

We need a player to grow with Allen. I like Green as a player but I don't think he is what we need. As exciting as it would've been to get AB I still don't think it made a ton of sense for where we are. 

Drafting Metcalf as that high risk high reward prospect I could get behind. Beane shot for the stars last year with Allen and Edmunds. Win or lose you have to give him credit for having the nads to take the risk. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone else seeing all these AJ Green trade rumors to the Jets all over twitter?  

I haven't been been able to find the source yet, but if you search “AJ Green trade” tons of talk today about rumors flying around of him maybe getting traded to Jets.  

Anyone see this too and have any better source links in this?  

If so, that can only help us. I am guessing it will involve a first round pick swap - which means Bengals are taking a QB at #3. Early run on QBs will suit us just fine. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Can't imagine Anderson would be in be trade. If so then the trade makes 0 sense from the Jets perspective.

I agree, but that is what was originally reported.

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

I thought the Jets let Darron Lee go?

No.  Looking to trade him.  They’ve been asking for a 3rd.  Nobody is in on that, obviously.  I expect to see him traded during the draft for a lot less than that. 

All in all, it sounds like it would be a risky pick for the Jets.  The risks are injury to a 30 year old receiver, and the possibility that with a young QB and a brand new offensive system to learn, the Jets really won't be able to take advantage of Green's skill set.  Meanwhile they're giving up assets who would likely have a longer playing career ahead of them than Green.  Do it Jets!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't trade Robbie Anderson for him.  I'd trade Enunwa though.

I'm always blown away by the Robby Anderson love I see here. I just don't get it. Robby Anderson will probably be 5th on the Redskins depth chart in a couple of years before he completely fades into obscurity. Dude put up a whopping 750 yards last year when he wasn't threatening cop's wives. AJ Green is one of the best wide receivers in the league (and always criminally underrated, as we see here).

Enunwa is better than Anderson and Enunwa doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Green. It would be a huge upgrade for the Jets.

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm always blown away by the Robby Anderson love I see here. I just don't get it. Robby Anderson will probably be 5th on the Redskins depth chart in a couple of years before he completely fades into obscurity. Dude put up a whopping 750 yards last year when he wasn't threatening cop's wives. AJ Green is one of the best wide receivers in the league (and always criminally underrated, as we see here).

Enunwa is better than Anderson and Enunwa doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Green. It would be a huge upgrade for the Jets.

The kid has talent and is young.  Green is a great player, but might be on the downside given his inability to stay healthy and his lower production in 2017 when he played a full season.  I'd just rather go with the younger guy.

As for Enunwa,I disagree that he's a better player than Anderson.  The one caveat is that Anderson might be looking for a mega deal soon.

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Well, aside from the fact that a few of us (namely @GunnerBill and myself) had Anderson rated as a 3rd round pick and subsequently had to watch the whole league pass on him, some folks recognize that he's actually a very good football player.

Compare Enunwa and Anderson in 2018: Anderson started one fewer game, but had close to 30 more targets, 12 more receptions, 300 more yards, 5 more TDs, and averaged 8.0 yards per target compared to Enunwa's 6.6.  The two weren't even close in terms of production; Anderson was clearly the better player.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, aside from the fact that a few of us (namely @GunnerBill and myself) had Anderson rated as a 3rd round pick and subsequently had to watch the whole league pass on him, some folks recognize that he's actually a very good football player.

Compare Enunwa and Anderson in 2018: Anderson started one fewer game, but had close to 30 more targets, 12 more receptions, 300 more yards, 5 more TDs, and averaged 8.0 yards per target compared to Enunwa's 6.6.  The two weren't even close in terms of production; Anderson was clearly the better player.

Robby Anderson is a stud... As much as i hate to say it, the Jets have some nice weapons.