AJ Green to Jets Trade rumor chatter on Twitter

Anyone else seeing all these AJ Green trade rumors to the Jets all over twitter?  

I haven't been been able to find the source yet, but if you search “AJ Green trade” tons of talk today about rumors flying around of him maybe getting traded to Jets.  

Anyone see this too and have any better source links in this?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone else seeing all these AJ Green trade rumors to the Jets all over twitter?  

I haven't been been able to find the source yet, but if you search “AJ Green trade” tons of talk today about rumors flying around of him maybe getting traded to Jets.  

Anyone see this too and have any better source links in this?  

I haven't seen anything on Twitter but Bill Barnwell purposed the trade in his "All-Trades 2019 Mock Draft today". 

Could be the spark that started the twitter fire. 

"Bengals get: WR Robby Anderson, ILB Darron Lee, 1-3
Jets get: WR A.J. Green, 1-11, 4-110"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26539614/all-trades-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

I wonder if they'd be moving to the Bengals spot at 11. I'm ok with them getting AJ Green. He's 31, often injured and isn't getting better. Out of all of AB, Julio, OBJ and Green he was the last one id want. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LLCoolCy said:

I haven't seen anything on Twitter but Bill Barnwell purposed the trade in his "All-Trades 2019 Mock Draft today". 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26539614/all-trades-2019-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

Good trade for the Bengals...

Now this I would not take to kindly of. I've always like AJ and would hate to see him in a Jets uni.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

AJ Green is on the wrong side of it, trading any serious assets for him would be a mistake. I hope the Jets do that. 

Disagree. IMO he still got a good 3 years of high production left.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Mike McCagnan is now firmly in "Save his own ass" mode, as evidenced by him shelling out tons of money to a flashy running back and off-ball linebacker. He's like a more terminal case of Doug Whaley-ism. He is collecting talent in an effort to appease the fans and ownership, but he's not building a TEAM. I look forward to McCagnan and Gase both being fired in two years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LLCoolCy said:

I thought the Jets let Darron Lee go?

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Now this I would not take to kindly of. I've always like AJ and would hate to see him in a Jets uni.

Disagree. IMO he still got a good 3 years of high production left.

His body is betraying him already. He will have the occasional big game when he is all systems go accompanied by nothing.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

His body is betraying him already. He will have the occasional big game when he is all systems go accompanied by nothing.

Or.... he will open it up for whatever WR's they have to make some plays. Either way, He isn't a Jet right now so when/if it happens then I guess we will see.

Green is a really good player, but WR stars don't seem to be the ones to take a team to the next level.  OBJ hasn't led the Giants to the promised land, Calvin Johnson never led the Lions there, Julio Jones and the Falcons got close one year, but that's about it.  The top WRs on last year's Super Bowl teams were Woods and Edelman (both good players, but not top WRs in the league).  Green never got the Bengals past the 1st round of the playoffs.  Thus, if he ends up with the Jests, I think we can live with that.  If Darnold progresses and Bell plays as well as he did in Pittsburgh (highly unlikely), Green would make for a nice trio, but I'm still not fearing the Jests. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

Good trade for the Bengals...

Was thinking the same thing - gives them speed at LB and they can play him wherever he fits best.  Andersons a solid consolation prize, and would work well with Boyd.  And pick 3 nets you williams or Bosa - or you could move down on draft day to stockpile more assets.  

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Green is a really good player, but WR stars don't seem to be the ones to take a team to the next level.  OBJ hasn't led the Giants to the promised land, Calvin Johnson never led the Lions there, Julio Jones and the Falcons got close one year, but that's about it.  The top WRs on last year's Super Bowl teams were Woods and Edelman (both good players, but not top WRs in the league).  Green never got the Bengals past the 1st round of the playoffs.  Thus, if he ends up with the Jests, I think we can live with that.  If Darnold progresses and Bell plays as well as he did in Pittsburgh (highly unlikely), Green would make for a nice trio, but I'm still not fearing the Jests. 

It's tricky though, Green's 30 - has been banged up in 2 of 3 years and in the healthy year he didn't exactly blow the roof off of the league.  He's also fairly streaky - has big games and stinkers.

If I'm GM, I'd probably stick with him.  The offense is sooo much better with him in there.  They need help on defense more than anything else.  Passing league and passing teams just absolutely carved them up.

Edited by dneveu